Sign in to follow this  
Pedro

Valrei creatures still an issue

So I'm in the middle of the woods looking around minding my own business when 4 nogumps come charging out of the pitch black night, stun lock me, instakill(literally in combat for less then 4 seconds and I'm down a huge hill) my horse causing me to slide down a hill. I understand the spawns were supposed to be changed awhile back and this could be something where they're just gathered in this particular area but this is the type of stuff that really turns me off from the game and I'm sure others too. I like valrei creatures, it adds a different feel for the game knowing that an NPC mob could potentially wipe you out, but not having 4 of them gang up on you in the middle of the woods. Luckily I just did random teleport in the middle of combat and it worked and didn't lose my stuff in the middle of no where. 

My suggestion is to either reduce the spawn number of valrei creatures or give them a short life span, say 72 hours? It's a tad ridiculous to be owned so hard by a non-unique NPC especially when they're not worth killing. I've walked by towers in enemy lands and just see a HOTS nogump standing there at hurt with 15 tower guards laying on the ground and just continue to kill over and over again. I know from my experience this is the 7th horse I've lost due to nogumps and no being able to do anything until its too late, I'm sure others have had the same experience as myself. 

[14:19:48] Old son of nogump hits adolescent fat Dreambaron deadly hard in the thigh of the right hindleg and damages it.

[14:19:51] Old son of nogump hits adolescent fat Dreambaron extremely hard in the calf of the right foreleg and damages it.

[14:19:51] The adolescent fat Dreambaron is dead. R.I.P. 

[14:20:23] An old son of nogump bashes Pedro!

[14:20:36] An old son of nogump bashes Pedro!

both of these lasting a little under 9 seconds with some breather time between.. Luckily it wasn't worse... 

Some Valrei mobs have always 2-3 shot horses without barding or oakshell, so I don't see anything wrong there.

As for the stuns, I find it a little hard to believe you were stunned for a 9 second duration, much less TWICE.  I have fought four Nogumps at once and I'd say I was stunned for no more than about 50% of the duration of the fight at times.

If you fought four nogumps at once without backing out of combat you need to start pvping more because you're wasting the account you play on. If you did this hats off to you, you're a better player than me. 

I'd like to see more opinions besides Hercules here that have normal accounts or live in the same Wurm reality I live in. 

I have to agree here. Valrei creatures are an issue. I can recount two instances where they have really been a problem:

1. Sailing as a newbie on a rowboat I just made, trying to figure out what to do. Picking up one eagle spirit after the other and ending up with like a dozen of them on my tail with no way to get rid of them.
  2. Having a bunch of them spawned right on top of me at the same time - there is almost no way to avoid them, plan for that or fight them when that happens. You just die^^ 

I never said I didn't back out, and whether I did or didn't is irrelevant...I still don't think you got stunned for a 9 second duration, and it definitely didn't happen twice. 

Actually, if I did back out, it would further disprove what you're saying, because the temporary stun resistance granted by having been stunned would be reset, thus I would be more likely to receive a stun with a full duration upon engaging the Nogumps again.

Edited by Wargasm

When I was champ I cleaned out 9 nogumps that were terrorizing one of our deeds, 2 champs, did the champs by themselves but the rest was sometimes 3 or more on me, no problem, but I didn't catch a bad roll with chain stuns.

After looking at my logs from that day, it looks like combat/event logs do not record when YOU recover from being stunned, but it does record a third party recovering from a stun.  Example:

[2017-02-23] [01:47:41] An aged son of nogump bashes the Jenn Kellon tower guard!

[2017-02-23] [01:47:49] The Jenn Kellon tower guard regains her bearings.

I found about 11 occurences where a Nogump bashed either a JK tower guard or a spirit templar since February, and the above is the best example I can find, and it was an 8 second stun.

Here's a sample of a Nogump targeting me.  Would be very helpful if "you regain your bearings" was added to the combat logs", but it isn't there.

[2017-02-23] [00:56:05] A venerable son of nogump bashes Wargasm!
[2017-02-23] [00:56:05] A venerable son of nogump hits you deadly hard in the left calf and damages it.
[2017-02-23] [00:56:11] An adolescent son of nogump hits you extremely hard in the stomach and hurts it.
[2017-02-23] [00:56:13] An adolescent son of nogump seems to target your lower left parts.
[2017-02-23] [00:56:17] An adolescent son of nogump targets your lower left parts.
[2017-02-23] [00:56:21] You cut an adolescent son of nogump deadly hard in the left thigh and harm it.
[2017-02-23] [00:56:22] An adolescent son of nogump bashes Wargasm!

Either way Pedro, 8 seconds is close enough to 9, I stand corrected.

Edited by Wargasm

38 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

I never said I didn't back out, and whether I did or didn't is irrelevant...I still don't think you got stunned for a 9 second duration, and it definitely didn't happen twice. 

Actually, if I did back out, it would further disprove what you're saying, because the temporary stun resistance granted by having been stunned would be reset, thus I would be more likely to receive a stun with a full duration upon engaging the Nogumps again.

Well if we're going to go that deep into detail, how were you fighting them? Minehop? Untamed horse? I'm curious to see how you fought them. It's completely relevant on whether or not you back out of combat you can easily escape if you have a healthy horse with no damage and still be stunned, it doesn't impact the horse. I slid down a hill and landed at the bottom which meant not only did they have height bonus, I had no stamina which made it easier for them to hit me/stun. 

@JakeRiversThey're fairly easy to kill when you kite them 1v1 or if you're brave 1v2 on a backup horse or untamed horse. It's completely doable, but when you get stun locked and have 4 of them beating your ass for a bit and no way to recover its crap. 

Also the agro range in which the chase or agro you is absolutely ridiculous, if you're on a slower horse and can stay just outside of the combat range they'll chase you clear across the map and back. Don't even get me started on drake spirits lol... 

Edited by Pedro

52 minutes ago, Pedro said:

@JakeRiversThey're fairly easy to kill when you kite them 1v1 or if you're brave 1v2 on a backup horse or untamed horse. It's completely doable, but when you get stun locked and have 4 of them beating your ass for a bit and no way to recover its crap. 

It was when I first made champ and I was having fun showing them who was boss for a change, I am fairly certain I had 5 on me at once, but that was too much and was able to ride out, not having a tamed horse helps a lot.

Wish my old pc didn't give up the ghost, or I would post the logs, was pretty cool. The champs were fairly tough and required use of a mine hop.

• Like 1

The random location spawns were already balanced, they should normally be spawning only 1 per random area.  The ones that personally spawn on a player are kinda buggy though, I even had 4 spawn on me but Budda is already aware of that so maybe that will get sorted.  However the main issue is they have the lifespan of a rl whale so all the old massive spawns are still there combined with new ones will just stack up, so the issue is that they just don't die over a reasonable time yet