Sign in to follow this  
thorgot

Wagoners to deliver bulk goods via the highway system

I think it would be neat if you could purchase wagoner contracts. When you use them, it sets down a depot, let's call it a "Wagoner Resting Place". Then you can buy from and sell to other players who have done the same who have set them up on the highway! This would be for bulk goods of course. Let's say the wagoner contract will cost 5 silver to prevent them from being everywhere.

Just came up with this idea myself without seeing it in the WU source code and thought I'd post this completely original idea.

• Like 2

I especially love how original this idea is.

To be fair i would not put this on the devs, i would rather see that it is run by people/players really. Mainly because having this be done with code is not just gonna take time but it would be another in-game money sink. Which we don't really need. In all due honesty i would not mind transporting stuff around deli for a couple of copper really. Then again putting it in players hands is making it a decent risk granted that it will require monitoring by the team as it is an exchange of services. 

2 hours ago, PotatoOnStick said:

To be fair i would not put this on the devs, i would rather see that it is run by people/players really. Mainly because having this be done with code is not just gonna take time but it would be another in-game money sink. Which we don't really need. In all due honesty i would not mind transporting stuff around deli for a couple of copper really. Then again putting it in players hands is making it a decent risk granted that it will require monitoring by the team as it is an exchange of services. 

I can see where you're coming from. As this idea came 100% from me and wasn't directly copied from WU server code, I am incredibly invested in defending it. With that said, delivery has only been a small part of the Wurm economy, and automating delivery will surely increase both supply and demand for bulk goods so losing that part will not be missed.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2017 at 3:01 PM, thorgot said:

I can see where you're coming from. As this idea came 100% from me and wasn't directly copied from WU server code, I am incredibly invested in defending it. With that said, delivery has only been a small part of the Wurm economy, and automating delivery will surely increase both supply and demand for bulk goods so losing that part will not be missed.

We need an overhaul of merchants, an ingame sales system, and I would personally suggest the ability to seal crates...

With seal-able crates we could have people actually start shipping business.  We could also do with contracts too as well.

On 2017-06-29 at 6:01 PM, thorgot said:

Wait...run that by me again...