Sign in to follow this  
joedobo

[RELEASED] Simple Paving Mod

This is a WU server mod that makes paving more convenient. To use it simply make a paving item active and use it on a tile. You can change pavement types by making a new pave item active and using it on a paved tile to change things around. You don't need to tear up the old to change it around.

-Caves-

The default tile here is the plain old cave tile. The chisel is used to remove pavement and it will turn the tile into a cave tile. The tiles don't need to be reinforced or prepped with mortar. This makes it considerably easier to reinforce a cave floor and it's a tradeoff in order to improve creative freedom.

-Outside-

The default title here is packed dirt. The chisel is used to remove pavement and it will turn the tile into a packed dirt. You can pave whole tiles or the nearest corner.

-Bridges-

The default tile is whatever the bridge's normal tile is. Using a chisel will remove pavement and return the tile to bridge default type. There are no restriction on the kind of bridges or pavements you can do. (imo) Freedom to do stuff even if it's silly or looks weird is important. If you pave a rope bridge it will look very silly. Putting heaving stone pavers on a wooden bridge may not be realistic but giving the player creative freedom is more important then realism limitations. If you don't like something, don't use it.

Required

Ago's WurmServerModLauncher: https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/releases
My common librar mod: https://github.com/Joedobo27/jdbCommon/releases

Install
Get one of the archive releases and unpack it into the folder with server.jar. The archive structure is setup to put the mod in the mods folder.

https://github.com/Joedobo27/SimplePavingMod/releases

Edited by joedobo
Using a common library mod now.

I think I'm going to move this to our test server to poke at. With so many new options I can see this being something our players would appreciate. I somehow have a feeling this is also not the last of new tiles we'll see either down the road. (Trying to work on a few custom ones myself)

Edited by LifesaverM
sp

There is a bug with pottery brick pavement which I've fixed.

I want to figure out if I can add corner paving and this is broken for vanilla paving anyway.

The mod breaks vanilla paving in caves.

I have this up on our test server, haven't tried replacing tiles in caves but so far I haven't had any issues with surface replacements. First started with replacing some standard cobblestone and some marble slabs. When I have more brains functioning I'll double check to make sure I've tried as many combinations as I can. I'll update my post when finished.

With this I was trying to preserve the default WU paving methods and reuse the existent paving actions.  I'm running into an issue were I need to either replace default paving or add new actions. They both have there problems. New actions pretty much require Bdew's custom action binding mod, they don't work well with the selected bar (no graphic) and it's not unusual for there to be duplicate entries in action menu (this prompts the question as to which is default versus mod?). While replacing increases the likelihood of it breaking on updates and can cause compatibility issues with other mods.

joe what problems are you running into? Thus far I've replaced cobblestone with every available other paving type and have been able to pave over it both on a GM and non GM toon. Also did the same with Marble slabs being the original and paving over it.

I don't remember the problem(s) exactly...lol.  

I got it updated at this point and I'll get a release up on github tomorrow. It works for corners and whole tiles, caves, and bridges (no corner paving for cave or bridge but I don't think that works with vanilla WU anyway). I tried to get cave entrance working but that didn't go well. The next release of WU should have whatever CodeClub did get that working and I'll add that then.

Like you found LifesaverM, you can swap pavement types very easy with this. Use a marble slab on gravel to make marble slab pavement. Use slate bricks on round brick pavement to make slate brick pavement. Wse whatever paving items on any paved tile to switch it to the tile associated with the paving item. 

18 hours ago, Woltox said:

Is this still working :D?

It works for me so it should as far as I know.  I decided to switch to using a common library mod. Delete the "SimplePavingMod" folder inside the "mods" folder. Get the latest release and unpack it into the same folder as server.jar. Get jdbCommon and do the same thing.