Sign in to follow this  
Keenan

Two-Factor Authentication

We've enabled two-factor authentication.

Click your profile at the top, then Account Settings. On the left you will see Account Security. When you click, you will need to enter your password and then you will have the option to enable two-factor authentication via Google Authenticator.

You will be prompted to scan a QR Code with the authenticator app and input a code from the app to finish the setup.

Note: The forums do not always ask for this code on login. It does it in suspicious situations to help safeguard your account.

• Like 8

this is awesome.  Really great to have with all the real world cash that trades hands on these accounts.

• Like 1

Will Wurm ever have two-factor authentication? Or does it already exist and I am simply missing it.

Just now, Vengus said:

Will Wurm ever have two-factor authentication? Or does it already exist and I am simply missing it.

Yes! It's in the works with a new account management system. I don't have more details to give on it yet. Mostly because @Retrograde would hunt me down if I stole his spotlight. ;)

• Like 7

About time. Will this be also added to the game eventually? That's where it's most important imo.

1 minute ago, Legios said:

About time. Will this be also added to the game eventually? That's where it's most important imo.

15 minutes ago, Keenan said:

Yes! It's in the works with a new account management system. I don't have more details to give on it yet. Mostly because @Retrograde would hunt me down if I stole his spotlight. ;)

:)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Keenan said:

Too late!

can we get this for ingame Wurm accounts?

nevermind i read the thread.

Edited by Niki

Anything in the works for those of us that choose not to have a smart phone, security wise?

• Like 3

You can get the APK on your pc - i'm sure someone can explain how to do it as I don't remember.

6 minutes ago, Lisabet said:

Anything in the works for those of us that choose not to have a smart phone, security wise?

This was recommended: https://winauth.com/

Edit: It's also opt-out for members, though definitely recommended which is why I have it prompting people to opt-out of it.

Thanks Keenan, I will certainly look at using that :) 

Just a question , using the 2fa and failing on it , it is 1 hour cooldown for a new login is it really required with that long cool down time ?

This is very nice implement to the forum account's security, like someone said already on the thread, a lot of money travels and a lot of business is done via forum. And at these unstable times, what comes to securing your computer from several attack attempts, I see these kind of double-security methods becoming as a very much needed and certainly a minimum requirement to secure the accounts we hold on value. 

Great idea but. I hate goggle not going to have it on my computer.  Don't have a smart phone. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Larrybraff said:

Great idea but. I hate goggle not going to have it on my computer.  Don't have a smart phone. 

As mentioned, https://winauth.com/ - WinAuth is a good solution for those who do not have a smartphone. 

• Like 1

yay for 2 factor, :( for only google auth, sadly the auth app hates my phone so no 2 factor for me yet.

12 hours ago, Lisabet said:

I used to use Bluestacks to play Android games on my PC. Can probably use it. 

16 hours ago, Keenan said:

You will be prompted to scan a QR Code with the authenticator app and input a code from the app to finish the setup.

Probably worth point out for those using one of the other desktop authenticator apps, there is a link on the page with QR Code that will give you the details that you need to enter into the authenticator app to get things setup.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Njorun said:

Just a question , using the 2fa and failing on it , it is 1 hour cooldown for a new login is it really required with that long cool down time ?

Try opting out,it's an option i was able to choose though you might have advanced past that step.