Sign in to follow this  
blart

bug or ninja change?

Please note the skill gains shown are from the epic cluster on two seperate accounts at roughly the same meditating skill, with similar rugs (both one quality) and sleep bonus is activated for both players ticks

"Logging started 2017-06-28"

[17:10:41] Meditating increased by 0.0709 to 41.1194     here is a tick from my character currently with 92botd

" Logging started 2017-03-26"

[01:30:45] Meditating increased by 0.1475 to 41.1466    here is a tick from a friends character with rug of 100botd

This makes no sense at all unless it is a bug or ninja update? it seems as if the sleep bonus is not being counted to me? 

Edited by blart

I have seen such strange ticks a few days ago. I'm quite sure I forgot to switch on SB and still got the same tick I used to get with SB on. It was a single time though and I'm not fully sure and did not take the extra step to check up my logs properly. I'll keep an eye for a while on it.

22 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

One with SB, one without.

they are both with sleep bonus activated, i edited it to avoid further confusion

Edited by blart

12 minutes ago, blart said:

they are both with sleep bonus activated, i edited it to avoid further confusion

did you turn SB on after you had started meditation? or before you started?

5 minutes ago, Legios said:

did you turn SB on after you had started meditation? or before you started?

i always do it before starting and then do the action, however you can activate it and stop it mid action and it will still apply the skillgain bonus

different tick settings, one is 0.01 one is 0.1, so one will show the 0.07 size tick but the other has to get 2 0.07 ticks to meet the 0.1 gain criteria so 0.14 gets shown

I'm not sure, but I think different rug types get different skillgains.  I find 15-20 ql gets best gains, and even 8 difference in coc can have an effect.  Just some things that may be part of your problem, besides, which path you are following on each.  Oh, I use exquisite rugs exclusively after 50 skill.

Edited by Vroomfondel
Updated information

13 hours ago, MrGARY said:

different tick settings, one is 0.01 one is 0.1, so one will show the 0.07 size tick but the other has to get 2 0.07 ticks to meet the 0.1 gain criteria so 0.14 gets shown

(im the op on another account)

his skillgain ticks are set to always show updates

Edited by Firecat

10 hours ago, Vroomfondel said:

I'm not sure, but I think different rug types get different skillgains.  I find 15-20 ql gets best gains, and even 8 difference in coc can have an effect.  Just some things that may be part of your problem, besides, which path you are following on each.  Oh, I use exquisite rugs exclusively after 50 skill.

being on different paths makes no difference in skillgain, since both arent PoK LVL 11 and i doubt 8 coc (and the rugs specified are BOTD btw) will give you 2x the skillgain 

Edited by Firecat

On 2017-06-28 at 7:12 PM, MrGARY said:

This is the issue. Check settings to see how often skill gain is shown

On 01/07/2017 at 8:38 PM, McGarnicle said:

This is the issue. Check settings to see how often skill gain is shown

as i already said, both of us have the same skillgain settings..