Sign in to follow this  
Niki

Uniques need a fix (keep drama out of here)

Going off topic into a serious issue that I don't consider drama but I realize a lot of people view it that way so please stay constructive with your responses.

This issue has plagued Wurm for many years and probably will continue to spread like a disease. Were talking about Valrei rarity and the enormous prices for tomes and dragon hide/scale drops being controlled.

Please fix uniques! Stop allowing less than 1% of the player base kill them all and profit from Valrei and dragon scale/hide drops. It personally makes me ill every time I see it, they don't even invite people for blood, most of them just want to be a arch mage or make some money! I want this game to have more community interaction.

Now you say, well how do you fix this? Make Valrei Tome Pages a 100% drop item that works similar to scale/hide, combine them and make the book you want. This would make every hunt open, they would also get more arch mages out of it as well. (I don't understand why they even care, none of them actually pvp) I might of stole this from a suggestion, it was a good one though! You know what this would also do Devs? Make people feel more comfortable about going into PvP because they have the tool set that they think is required to "be good."

Before you even say, go hunt your own you scrub! I'm probably as good or stronger than half of these people on that list below me just saying! I'm not into cliques either. I also try to hunt my own but it literally just spawned and was herded and killed. If I ever find one it would be public. 

Saturday 24th it spawned on indy [08:09:02] Rumours of The venerable kyklops are starting to spread.

Killed less than 4 days later.

6fa67bce8c6c8eb2572fe17df68bec9e.png

When you do things like this for the 200th+  private kill, dragon squad, it paints you in a bad spotlight, it calls for a change.

I wish I could say this community was the best but it isn't because of toxic systems in place that are ignored. The fact is this system is trash, I will speak my mind about it. Stop letting people take advantage of it. Seriously.

Many amazing suggestions have been given, they all get ignored.

Please just fix it already, everyone is to scared to voice there opinions usually. I'm a logical person and I see some shady business that is becoming a trend to hard to ignore!

• Like 5

It's not really that anything they are doing there is shady... But I can see the point here of why small groups of only maybe 4 or 5 people with enough alts, shouldn't be able to take a Unique down by themselves; especially when there are the circumstances that said party will walk away with potentially hundreds of euro.

There should at least be some more in-depth mechanics to ensure the loot is distributed over a large enough populace, however personally I dont think your proposed suggestion would do anything to stop private slayings. If you simply change the item they're after, or break it up into more pieces, it simply shifts the euro value onto a different item and people will be that much more desperate to obtain them.

Edited by whereami

2 minutes ago, whereami said:

It's not really that anything they are doing there is shady... But I can see the point here of why small groups of only maybe 4 or 5 people with enough alts, shouldn't be able to take a Unique down by themselves; especially when there are the circumstances that said party will walk away with potentially hundreds of euro.

There should at least be some more in-depth mechanics to ensure the loot is distributed over a large enough populace, however personally I dont think your proposed suggestion would do anything to stop private slayings. If you simply change the item they're after, or break it up into more pieces, it simply shifts the euro value onto a different item and people will be that much more desperate to obtain them.

It would lower the price, creates more reason to bring alts. More revenue for code club. People feel better about the whole thing, and more people can experience group content.

Seems like a win to me.

Edited by Niki

Assuming you are stating that they would drop as the scale/blood does currently, EG Directly into the inventory of participants within local?

I would agree that it would help a bit, I still feel as though it wouldn't fully mitigate the problem however. I'm not much of a metagamer myself but I can still see how that system could be gotten around/used/abused.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wargasm said:

Again?  Really Niki?

Fix it and I'll stop posting.

• Like 1

The whole rarity of the valrei drops are in itself a good reason to keep all the hunts private... add to that the many bugs that can possibly lead to them being stolen... fix those, increase the drop rate, make charges more common and 'maybe' you will see less private hunts.

That being said, nothing prevent anyone from hunting on their servers... even if some systems should be put in place for large servers like indy / xan / chaos.

I agree in part with Nikki. I wouldnt change the way uniques work, as they carter to explorers and creates a competition and challenge that makes people want to go after them. Instead I would create a different kind of Unique, one that perhaps can be spawned by using a specific kind of item (like for example an egg found while mining or digging) which anyone has a chance to obtain. The item can be as rare as a rare bone or the like to not make it too common. This item can be taken to a predetermined location where the unique is spawned and killed.

The idea is to not remove the already existing methods, thus removing content from the few who seek it, but to give a chance to those that are not that much into exploration. It provides more content and brings in more people into the experience.  

More is better!

I put together a rough idea of a way we could do uniques that could more directly benefit the people from the unique server, but it wasn't too popular.  Honestly, I think after 40 attempts to sway opinions that uniques have serious issues, I am just gonna go with the flow. I've never personally "won" anything more exciting than a corpse in the loot rolls to date, but it is still fun to participate in the search and kill, when I am lucky enough to be available.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

I agree in part with Nikki. I wouldnt change the way uniques work, as they carter to explorers and creates a competition and challenge that makes people want to go after them. Instead I would create a different kind of Unique, one that perhaps can be spawned by using a specific kind of item (like for example an egg found while mining or digging) which anyone has a chance to obtain. The item can be as rare as a rare bone or the like to not make it too common. This item can be taken to a predetermined location where the unique is spawned and killed.

The idea is to not remove the already existing methods, thus removing content from the few who seek it, but to give a chance to those that are not that much into exploration. It provides more content and brings in more people into the experience.  

More is better!

Not bad either. Pretty fun way to go about it.

4 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

I put together a rough idea of a way we could do uniques that could more directly benefit the people from the unique server, but it wasn't too popular.  Honestly, I think after 40 attempts to sway opinions that uniques have serious issues, I am just gonna go with the flow. I've never personally "won" anything more exciting than a corpse in the loot rolls to date, but it is still fun to participate in the search and kill, when I am lucky enough to be available.

People are stuck in the mud, at the current rate Uniques are a broken system much like pvp that is getting ignored. Everyone likes new walls and stuff but I swear we need to take a look at current systems and improve them - much like the tutorial and UI.

I'm tired of not getting results.

Please stay constructive, because the system is bad to me. While you're entitled to your opinions and what you think about me. I can truly say it is unwarranted mud slinging riddled with lies. I don't need 'loot' you're missing the point of this thread if you take it into a personal attack.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Niki said:

Please stay constructive, because the system is bad to me.

Sounds about right.

This has always bothered me, and if anybody has read some of my suggestions you know my stance on this. I feel that the elite 1% have taken control of the uniques, with a few of them being public when somebody outside of their little club finds them. It's truly disappointing that Code Club has allowed this to turn into what it is, with no concern of how it affects the rest of the population. I understand if you sow you reap but god dang these guys have single-handedly manipulated the market, dragon armor should not cost as much as it does, the only reason it's so expensive is that there are a few hiding the hides long enough for the price to go even higher.

I think this strongly needs interference from the devs to address this. This is freedom, this kind of greediness should not be allowed.

IMO Uniques need to be like rift,  where everybody gets to participate regardless of server or social status.

Edited by Legios
  • Like 2

Considering that everyone in local gets blood/hide i dont think its to bad.

The valrei drops are meant to be hard to get.... keep it this way.

Tbh the only thing that needs to be fixed is your attitude and maybe some people will start inviting you to unique slayings.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Niki said:

I'm probably as good or stronger than half of these people on that list below me just saying!

What does that have to do with anything?

your attitude proves why you dont get invited 

Edited by blart

Sad part is Legios, there's more than one "club", as you call them.  And the reason they find them quicker is because they work as a team.  They search as a team, they kill as a team, they loot as a team.

With a map, a crayon, several friends and paying attention to Niarja, you ahve the same advantage they do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blart said:
1 hour ago, Niki said:

I'm probably as good or stronger than half of these people on that list below me just saying!

It's a true story.

1 minute ago, Niki said:

It's a true story.

ok you should be invited to all of the slayings because you have 50+ body strength

(how does this make you any better than the people you whine about?)

A lot of these people seem to ignore the fact that this is about the elite groups that DON"T invite anybody besides their own crew that contribute to the problem. This is not about getting invited, as that would not solve the problem for everyone...

• Like 1

Just now, Legios said:

A lot of these people seem to ignore the fact that this is about the elite groups that DON"T invite anybody besides their own crew that contribute to the problem. This is not about getting invited, as that would not solve the problem for everyone...

yeah but he structured his argument like a 10 year old who thinks because he is mildly skilled he has a right to everything,  to be honest if the mobs are found first and killed fast who can blame that group, they killed it first just move on.

10 minutes ago, hemrzz said:

Considering that everyone in local gets blood/hide i dont think its to bad.

The valrei drops are meant to be hard to get.... keep it this way.

Tbh the only thing that needs to be fixed is your attitude and maybe some people will start inviting you to unique slayings.

What attitude? The only people that dislike me are the sheeple of JK and friends of Necro/Wargasm. Few others don't like me making posts like this but do they really hate me? I will not bend the knee to so called 'elitists' who are casual players to me considering what I do outside of Wurm. Anonymity is important to me. I know a lot of you don't care, that's fine but stop acting like your the only person in the universe.

Valrei system is a mess, I don't understand why some of you think less than a 1% drop rate, whoever has the most money IRL wins pvp system is fine. Bad so is drake and scale requirements..but that's another thread.

Edited by Niki

Yeah, it is about being invited.  Anyone that says otherwise is lying.

Dragons and drakes do not drop tomes. Sure there's a 1% chance, but they don't drop tomes.  The loot is evenly distributed among everyone in local, except the bone.  If you aren't invited, then the fewer people there are in local, the more hide/scale everyone gets.

For human mobs, the blood given to each player is the same whether there are 10 or 1,000 people in local.  Difference is, 50% chance to drop a tome (because they don't drop scale).  As a result, these are highly sought after by "the clubs".  I don't blame them a bit, and again, you have the same tools to find it as they do, so it's not like they have an unfair advantage.

6 minutes ago, blart said:

ok you should be invited to all of the slayings because you have 50+ body strength

(how does this make you any better than the people you whine about?)

You're taking things out of context pretty badly.

1 minute ago, Niki said:

What attitude? The only people that dislike me are the sheeple of JK and friends of Necro/Wargasm. Few others don't like me making posts like this but do they really hate me?

Don't drag me into your dragon drama, Niki.  Your history with Necroe is worth it's own thread, and by your own OP doesn't belong here.

• Like 1

I'm locking this before it goes any further.

This has devolved into a mudslinging contest fairly quickly, and I'm not going to stand by idly and allow it to continue.

• Like 3