Sign in to follow this  
PhxReaper

Saddle bags

Nothing big of course, don't want to go around replacing carts, but something like a small chest size would be nice. A tool or two, some veggies, food.

+1

I have been wanting these for a long time. Thanks for bringing the idea up again! :)

+1

This has been suggested countless times in the past and has been ignored always. I personally think it needs to be added myself to prevent horse theft, like you would lock a cart. I'm pretty sure this is something everyone wants realistically.

So I ask myself nearly every time I see a horse ingame why the DEVs refuse to actually acknowledge this. I could ask a friend to create a mod for me to do this in WU so why can't it be a thing in WO, it's technically possible so whats the issue?

Like everything else that isn't added because of 'wogic' it's a shame that brilliant suggestions like this get left unnoticed.

+1 

I guess we start begging from here.

• Like 1

Agreed, saddlebags in which we could store some travelling items, (cotton, water, food, knife, etc) wouldn't break the game, but then again yeah, the best suggestions tend to get ignored in place of cosmetic changes (new bridge types, etc). Small things that enhance gameplay and options go a long way for a better game. Dunno, i might be just bitter from scrolling through a lot of great suggestions around here and seen them ignored for years. 

*sighs* 

+1 for saddlebags, + 1000000 for me

Just out of curiosity, considering it'd add to carry weight to the horse the same as inventory, what benefits would it have over carrying something in inventory?

Many suggestions are great ideas, but as we've said in many places, they also have a lot more behind them than "just a five minute change"

• How useful is this feature
  • How long would it take to implement
  • What impact would its implementation have
  • What balance changes would it impact
  • What resources would it take (art/dev time)
  • Is this currently in our focus
  • how widespread would this feature be

These are just a few of the things that need discussing, there's tons more behind the scenes work, and quite often it's a simple case of "great idea, but not the focus at the moment"  

7 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Just out of curiosity, considering it'd add to carry weight to the horse the same as inventory, what benefits would it have over carrying something in inventory?

Storing stuff that you need in your travels but don't want to carry on your person when you hop off the horse.

• Like 4

I haven't used a horse in ages, because it's so much more useful to have the storage of a cart even if I don't need that much room.

Horse theft can be stopped with branding, though might not stop murder. It'd be nice if branding was character specific rather than deed specific. Add a deed managed button like gates have. It would make living on someone elses deed much better.

Don't know why we post suggestions if "It's too haaard waaah" is always gonna be the response. >.>

+1

Could even just be having a backpack attached to the back of a saddle and sitting over the horse's haunches.  Or a couple of cloth satchels though they of course don't hold as much.

The fact that it would count against the weight the horse is carrying is a plus for horses with "carry more," "strong legs," etc.  It's always nice to have a reason to value specific traits.

As Bdew said, saddle bags would be great to hold things we travel with, but don't necessarily need on our person at all times.  A tent, some cooking utensils, a bit of extra cotton, etc.

• Like 1