Sign in to follow this  
Arium

allow mailboxes to be dispelled

currently you can not dispel mailboxes, due to dispel checking wether or not an item is enchantable, which mailboxes due to being a hollow item are not.

so the only way to achieve a higher cast is recasting the same mailbox over and over.

so yeah, please allow us to just dispel mailboxes.

edit: due to peoples concerns about this being used to grief off deed mailboxes, only allow it on deed and with the proper permissions for casting.

Edited by Arium
  • Like 1

Previous enchants have no effect on future enchants power, only increasing the range in which cracks/shatters can happen if it's already got the same enchant and you're trying to improve it, but that's of no concern to a mailbox. Courier dispel courier would have the same (or worse if 2nd cast was weaker) results as courier courier  so you'd just be wasting your time dispelling.

29 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Previous enchants have no effect on future enchants power, only increasing the range in which cracks/shatters can happen if it's already got the same enchant and you're trying to improve it, but that's of no concern to a mailbox. Courier dispel courier would have the same (or worse if 2nd cast was weaker) results as courier courier  so you'd just be wasting your time dispelling.

nope.  recasting an already casted enchant gives a bonus up to +5 power (max cast is 99, with bonus allows 104) but that bonus dies down and you can't actually cast higher than a 99 once you're there.  so dispelling a mailbox has a very important use as most people probably prefer an instant send mailbox and not a 2 minute box

• Like 1

I believe the reason you can't dispel is because you don't own it. It's like when you try to dispel a tool that someone else dropped, you have to pick it up first. And since a priest can't make a mailbox...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aeryck said:

I believe the reason you can't dispel is because you don't own it. It's like when you try to dispel a tool that someone else dropped, you have to pick it up first. And since a priest can't make a mailbox...

i made one on my priest, i can rename it and it has my signature. after that i was left wondering why it does not work and verified it in the WU code.

there are two different situations in which you would not be able to dispel an item.

1) the item may not be enchanted at all. theres a bunch of attributes an item could have that would fit this criteria. eg body parts, newbie items, hollow items, unfinished items, lockable and actually locked items, traded items, banked items, eggs, artifacts, domain items, rift loot, the rift altar, the chaos/epic lights and a few more.

2) you are not the owner/last owner while the item actually has a set owner and in addition you are not allowed to destroy this item. for example due to deed permissions.

the courier cast itself uses a different check and checks for it being a mailbox, spring, puppet or turret, so it bypasses the check dispel uses by having its own.

• Like 1

-1. Will cause mailboxes on the roadsides getting dispelled for the "fun".

1 hour ago, Jaz said:

-1. Will cause mailboxes on the roadsides getting dispelled for the "fun".

then tie it into deed only, or something.  i'd like to dispel because i have a rare mailbox stuck at 99 courier and id like higher, but i cant exactly spam rare mailboxes like cake and pray rng doesnt screw me over

• Like 1

I have no issue with it if on deed only of course

i guess only allowing it on deed and with the proper permission wouldnt hurt the intention at all and prevent the concern of people thinking someone would go ahead and dispel all off deed boxes. will edit the OP.

• Like 1

It's a 20 difficulty spell.  It takes like 3 casts to get a 90+, dispel is not necessary.

Edited by Wargasm

+1 why the hell not, assuming the mailbox has met the prerequisites mentioned for grief prevention

Edited by platinumteef