Sign in to follow this  
joedobo

[ABANDONED] Nature Swaying Mod

I'm working on a mod that will let players influence plants to do things differently within a defined zone then how they normally act in WU. Next is a short list of my goals.  

Have I forgot something that is of similar subject?

1. speed up tree growth.
2. prevent trees from ageing past very old, sprouting.
3. forcing tree/bush to have a harvestable item outside the normal seasonal harvest time, and having that item stay on the tree/bush until it's picked.
4. speeding up flower creation and influencing what kind of flower is created within the zone.
5. speeding up grass, steppe, or moss spreading.
6. stopping plants from spreading to adjacent dirt tiles within the zone.
6. speeding up grass growth. Here I'm talking about the grass growth stages like "wild".
7. preventing trees/bushes from sprouting in the zone.
8. influencing both category and individual item that are collected with forage and bontanize. As an example, forgo a bunch of blueberry to a totem in order to make it so every tile in the zone will only produce berries(all types). If you forgo enough you'd only get blueberry.

I doubt I'll do anything with farming. But I am aiming to have harvested amounts within the zone be comparable to farming harvest assuming no raking. This will depend on if I make custom collection actions or try to use WU default ones.

Edited by joedobo

Is there any way to make it possible to cut enchanted grass?  It looks so messy the way it is now, like it's always at "wild" stage.

Enchanted grass's look is a tile artwork thing. It's probably possible to change the artwork. This mod wouldn't do that tho. One possibility with this mod is that grass could be setup to grow fast enough that animals would have a hard time eating it down to dirt.

On a relevant note, working with lawn is a hassle or trying to make it be something functional.

hmm not sure how i feel about this mod, but keep going with it, i would like to see something done to extend "farming" as in more crops depending on skill range

Extending farming is a big time hassle. I did try:

A person would be better off to make a whole new complementary farming system.