Sign in to follow this  
Shydow

Update Fishing

-1 on the ql formula.

It may be nice if higher ql is a little more often at higher skill (I'm not sure if it currently is), but I believe that the strict "formula" is too much for any of the other skills as well. I could name it  "lack of chance" at lower skill or boring at higher, whatever, it's not as interesting as it used to be. Hey for example, when I was much less in botanizing I could provide mats for my lantern dye, unlike today. It was perhaps a good thought to somehow reduce the randomness, but it removed it entirely for all practical purposes.

I support the rest, wish you good luck with it.

I just want fishing spots to go back to the way they were originally set up, i.e. Marlin Tile.

+1 to doing something with it could be such a cool skill but right now it's just something to do while afk.

Necroing this post since fishing is kinda meh right now.

+1 to more or less every suggestion posted by OP.

Edit: +1 to most suggestions posted by OP. I think it's fine to have fish QL be a bit more random, similar to how butchering works. But gathering rune should definitely work for fishing!

Edited by Borstaskor

Lol, people bother using rods/poles? 

I got to 75 fishing only using a spear, its more fun, more active, faster EXP and im catching 23+kg of catfish (lots of filets on them). 

But I would still +1 this suggestion. 

Maybe it will motivate me to go through the hassle of tackleboxes/baits/floats/lines etc with a rod/pole 🤔

Edited by Berms