Sign in to follow this  
Mortisinmi

[Fixed] Bug bed

Adding onto an existing house voids the ability to sleep in a bed since the game considers the house unfinished now, but it doesn't give the option to sleep then the usual message like  normally would appear.

I tried to sleep but didn't have the option to sleep. I removed plans and it appeared. I didn't have the usually message telling to finish the house before could sleep

I know but usually there is the option to sleep and when you are trying to sleep a message appear saying something like that "Finish to build before could use the bed" . There is none of these two things.

Only the possibility to move, improve or repair the bed. When examining it, it only show bed characteristics and say nothing about a possible unfinished building.

push the bed outside and you don't see the option I believe, its the same as the unfinished house

Something have changed? It was the case before, that's why i found that strange and Prawn asked me to post here.

I'd prefer to get some sort of notification when inside a house that I started to add onto later. Suddenly the bed don't work. Sure. This happened to me one time, could not figure out why. I was all up in CA Help and everything. Good thread.

10 hours ago, TeeeBOMB said:

I'd prefer to get some sort of notification when inside a house that I started to add onto later. Suddenly the bed don't work. Sure. This happened to me one time, could not figure out why. I was all up in CA Help and everything. Good thread.

I was stumped before when doing a remodel till I remembered I tore out half the walls.

A message why the bed does not work would be handy, I do think there was one once upon a time, but not 100% sure now.

I'll add a bug for bed behavior.  You seem to get different messages and options depending on whether you own the building the bed is in or if you are a guest - even with full permission on the house.

Please verify if you can.  Was the house you were working on with no bed information at all your house or were you just a guest?

As the owner of the house, I get the 'The house is too windy to provide protection' if there is a wall missing.  As just a guest in the house, I get no option and no message.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 6:19 PM, Alectrys said:

Please verify if you can.  Was the house you were working on with no bed information at all your house or were you just a guest?

I was a guest in the house I had this issue with. The bed just stopped working. I got no 'sleep' option. It took us a few whiles till I put it together we had that new room started on the ground floor. Once we removed that new plan, BAM - bed worked fine after that.

3 minutes ago, TeeeBOMB said:

I was a guest in the house I had this issue with. The bed just stopped working. I got no 'sleep' option. It took us a few whiles till I put it together we had that new room started on the ground floor. Once we removed that new plan, BAM - bed worked fine after that.

Thank you.  That's the same thing I saw.  As the OWNER of the building, I saw the proper messaging and behavior.  As a GUEST of the building I got no option and no message.

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:14 AM, Mortisinmi said:

That's not my building but I have all perms on the building

The person I was with was the owner of the house. She was online and said she did see a 'sleep' option when I had this issue pop up on Xanadu. She saw the 'sleep' option but neither one of us thot to have her try to sleep. Had she tried that, she prolly would have gotten the message 'house not finished' or whichever. I did have full permissions on that building. So this does sound like the same issue.