Sign in to follow this  
Vroomfondel

Some enhancements for bees.

Just some enchancments I think we should have for bees.  First, we should get more honey from hives that are near any flowering plants or trees.  This would include roses, oleander, lavender, oleander, and camellia, orange trees, lemon trees, and cherry trees.  If we place them near our farms this should also work too, except for near grains, as they are pollinated by the wind, not bees.  I would also like to see clover added along with the flowers, so we could have clover honey.  Lets hear everyone else's opinion now.

Edited by Vroomfondel
  • Like 1

+1

How about giving us different types of honey based on what trees/bushes/plants in general are within a small radius around the bee hive? Mixed trees and bushes would give generic honey or different types of honey every now and then at random.

Nice idea, but at this state what's the point, honey is almost useless, why would we need several types of useless honey. I would rather see more uses for honey tbh. Meals that gives 5h sleep bonus (brain fart, ignore) affinity bonus where you can easily calculate ingridients made mead, teas and other beverages totaly obsolete, and the fact that mead doesnt age which is mentioned in another thread doesnt help either.

Edited by kochinac

14 hours ago, kochinac said:

Nice idea, but at this state what's the point, honey is almost useless, why would we need several types of useless honey. I would rather see more uses for honey tbh. Meals that gives 5h sleep bonus where you can easily calculate ingridients made mead, teas and other beverages totaly obsolete, and the fact that mead doesnt age which is mentioned in another thread doesnt help either.

What meals give you 5h sleep bonus?  I know that meals and drinks give temp affinities, but that's all I heard about.  As to mead, I have taken to drinking that most of the time, and other alcoholic beverages the rest.  That water will make you rust!  But there are lots of things in the game mostly useless, does not mean they aren't fun anyway.

On 6/28/2017 at 6:18 AM, Vroomfondel said:

First, we should get more honey from hives that are near any flowering plants or trees.  This would include roses, oleander, lavender, oleander, and camellia, orange trees, lemon trees, and cherry trees.  If we place them near our farms this should also work too, except for near grains, as they are pollinated by the wind, not bees.

This is already the case, flowers, crops and fruit trees all add to yield, I think some add to beeswax production too

18 hours ago, Vroomfondel said:

What meals give you 5h sleep bonus?  I know that meals and drinks give temp affinities, but that's all I heard about.  As to mead, I have taken to drinking that most of the time, and other alcoholic beverages the rest.  That water will make you rust!  But there are lots of things in the game mostly useless, does not mean they aren't fun anyway.

Sorry, 5h+ of  affinity i made lapsus...