Sign in to follow this  
Kurson

Filleting fish skillgain

Ok so there is this mechanic in place: when u fillet fish and get more than 10 fillets, you will get no butchering skill for the action. This kinda makes sense because some fish give 50 fillets and the skillgain is measured per item produced, so it would be huge.

However it feels very unintuitive when you have carp that gives 11 fillets and you get no skill for it, so you need to lower the quality somehow so that it gives 10 fillets instead.

My proposition is that every fish should give skillgain for the first 10 fillets from the action. No matter if it gives 12 or 50, you will get skill for first 10.

Since you are still butchering, why aren't you getting any better at it o.O

• Like 5

this looks real mad when you file up a bunch of catfishes and zero skillgain you get...

or as an alternative, let each filet be separate  so a carving up a 20 kilo catfish, takes more than 10 seconds.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tallios said:

or as an alternative, let each filet be separate  so a carving up a 20 kilo catfish, takes more than 10 seconds.

Makes sense to me although it wouldn't be in line with butchering regular corpses - which get skill ticks per item same as fish, except when the fish is over 10 ifillets (I havent tested if corpses with more than 10 items like fat animals give no skill either)

Yes, let me fish with 20 alts and filet with my main to get 100 butchering within the hour

Fileting an animal meat will always produce a single filet now. So skill gain is 1 time per fileting. Getting skillgain from fish fileting should work that way - 1 skill tick from an action (regardless how many filets you produce), that would be in line with all the creation actions in Wurm.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, whykillme said:

Yes, let me fish with 20 alts and filet with my main to get 100 butchering within the hour

Good luck catching a fish too big for butchering gains on an alt 

On 22/09/2017 at 3:39 AM, whykillme said:

Plenty of things could be abused with 20 alts, so that shouldn't stop a suggestion from being implemented when most people only play 1-2 characters.

• Like 4

+1 Seems silly that you don't get skill from butchering large fish.

On 23-9-2017 at 1:31 PM, Yiraia said:

Plenty of things could be abused with 20 alts, so that shouldn't stop a suggestion from being implemented when most people only play 1-2 characters.

What other skills can you get by spamming alts?

2 hours ago, whykillme said:

What other skills can you get by spamming alts?

This doesn't have anything to do with the suggestion, I invite you start another topic on scripts, thanks.

• Like 1