Sign in to follow this  
Kadmint

A "Thank You" for Wurm

Hey there!

I have been watching forums lately filled with a lot of threads with similar mood and message; what is wrong with the game or what could be improved. So I decided to make a counter-thread for such movement!

This is the thread, where you can memorize and share one particular, lovely memory you remember when you played Wurm and something good or absolutely funny occured, or you can point out some feature of the game you waited for so long and you felt super-satisfied when it came out and loved to use it. Or you can give just positive feedback for the community, devs or some individual, who has been doing well or you feel has succeeded in some matter, like helping others, being a trustful friend in all turns in Wurmian life... sky's the limit! Only demand is that this thread is filled with the positive posts. :) Because when you feel down and need cheering up, you can read this thread and identify with the feelings others have shared. Or you can go to the thread "that thread about cats". ;) 

I have plenty of good memories and a lot of to thank to many people, but I think yesterday happened something that made me feel so happy. That thing was, when I announced our alliance's advertisement post and I got not only so much support from my alliance friends as a bunch of supportive posts to the thread itself, but also personal feedback about how amazing job I had done with it. I felt like, man, this is why I play this game and truly enjoy it after 4 years of playing it; because of the best community. :) 

Okies, it's time for you to share a positive moment!

Edited by Kadmint
  • Like 15

3 or 4am, can't exactly remember, was mining, and someone asked for help cause they fell in a dropshaft, and Loooong drop shaft.  So after talking to them a few minutes, packed up my cart ( and my 20 mining picks ) and went to help mine them out.

8ish am, we got them out.

That was around 2 years ago, and we became friends, still talk to them and we still laugh about how we met.

The things about wurm I love the most are the little things like that, how such something that seems so small to you might mean something bigger to someone else.

• Like 4

So many wonderful memories in such a short time of playing, especially with all of the wonderful people in the NEXA alliance. 

Most recently, I loved chasing people around the maze after using a yellow potion and becoming a troll (and seeing people stop in their tracks when a barrel or flower pot ran by them).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Seriphina said:

So many wonderful memories in such a short time of playing, especially with all of the wonderful people in the NEXA alliance. 

Most recently, I loved chasing people around the maze after using a yellow potion and becoming a troll (and seeing people stop in their tracks when a barrel or flower pot ran by them).

LOL YES, I actually took screenies about the similar event:

Spoiler

MdFBkQ5.jpg

2y3y0tU.jpg

JfKJCn4.jpg

qafp9bX.jpg

Feels like Hickory doing "they see me rolling, them hating".

My best moment in Wurm is already well documented. Ayuna was my villager at the time and I had given her a horse by the name of Rageed. But she failed to secure it and it went in a climbing expedition of its own and dissapeared.

Using the feature to find direction of cared for horses, Ayuna went on her own trying to find it but fell off a cliff and died using all her gear. She went then back to retrieve it and died again. So I grabbed my cart and we both headed in a super long expedition to find her body and her horse.

Now I wont bore you with the details but it was not easy. Neither of us could kill trolls and we had a hard time avoiding them. Eventually a priest friend showed up and helped us locate her body, and with some totally unexpected help we found her horse.

Rageed is now proudly displayed in Ayuna's village. A story came out of what should had been a simple search, but we made the best of it. This would never had been possible without the people I've met along the way playing this game.

• Like 1

Hate how threads like this always appear when people are actually coming up with constructive criticism, it distracts from the criticism and masks the problems by "oh well I love it"

• Like 1

Played World of Warcraft for about 10 years.

First contact with Wurm - rejected (couse of tutorial).

Second try - rejected, didn't know what to do, where to go and all was pretty weird.

Third try - still playing and will never go back to any existing MMO.

Freedom of choice, possibility to shape surrounding world in your way, and other real sandbox features, all of this is for me a way to go.

Of course there are things that need heavy rework (like combat), but looking how fast current dev team is making updates and how good quality those updates are, I have hope that in the future, all will be corrected.

So, thanks for Wurm.

• Like 1

My first 3 days.  I was so in awe of the fact I could claim my own land.  I grabbed an open canoe (technically stole it, but did not realize it back then) and sailed around almost the entire server, stopping every few tiles to get out and map deeds or open land.  Still have that original map I made. Finally settled on a coastal mountain location and would just star out over the server from my mountain perch.  Moved a million times since then, but ya know what?  I'm right back at my original deed again :)  Nothing quite like that first love.

• Like 3

I got this feeling when i do glasshollow spawn and market....  now im in difrent mood about all time wasted 

13 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

My first 3 days.  I was so in awe of the fact I could claim my own land.  I grabbed an open canoe (technically stole it, but did not realize it back then) and sailed around almost the entire server, stopping every few tiles to get out and map deeds or open land.  Still have that original map I made. Finally settled on a coastal mountain location and would just star out over the server from my mountain perch.  Moved a million times since then, but ya know what?  I'm right back at my original deed again :)  Nothing quite like that first love.

I love this and can totally relate. Eventhough I have lived 3 years on Xanadu now, I spent my first year on Release. I still remember the first steps, the first cottage in the woods, the first troll encounter... And how I settled a little deed. So many good memories, so no wonder you decided to go back where you started. :) And ain't that right that some specific location just feels like home? All the other places just feel like temporary, like something is missing.

Edited by Kadmint

I have been playing since the JK Home days.  My family started out with our own deed for a few months. It was nice but just a bit lonely for me. We finally applied to be villagers to Small Bears.  Gurubear took us right in.  And I have been playing ever since.  I have wonderful friends in our alliance and we have stuck together for many years.  I can honestly say I probably have better friends in this game than I do in real life.  We have done may large projects, including Gurubears Crater, and the path up to it.  This is the only game I have ever played and I will never leave it, so long as no one gets the idea to spring PVP on us again. LOL:P

Edited by Lolabelle
  • Like 1

It was nearly 8 years ago back on Golden Valley. After weeks of wandering about lonely and non-prem I met some people with similar mindsets and we decided to roam the tiny island of GV together. We set up camp on the coast and shared roles. Someone was fishing, someone was building homes for all of us, someone was creating a small plot of farmland and someone else was hunting. I was sent on my first quest ever to deliver a high ql longsword (40ql longsword actually) to someone on the other side of the map and for those who don't know 40ql used to be awesome. I put my leather armour (with no chestpiece) on and set out. The journey took a few days, but I managed to deliver the sword in return for which I've been given two lower quality longswords to deliver back. I was wondering how someone could spend so much time making those. I mean, that was so much iron considering fails turned every blade into scrap iron. 

A few days later I've reached the Nelde Aelini Village (which was off-deed) only to see it ravaged and empty. I tried to get a hold of these people ever since but none has returned. Ever since, until the first time I ever premmed (about 2,5 years ago) I roamed around the world (mostly independence) with an incomplete leather armor which was later turned into an incomplete studded leather armor and low quality dual wielded longswords. When an opportunity arised I created a new toon on Xanadu, where after wandering for a couple weeks I put down my first hillside deed. Soon after that I premmed and about a year later I sold the account.

Now here I am occassionally returning to my old campsites and deeds with nothing but two swords and some armor, driven by nostalgia and thoughts of the good times.

EDIT:

Wurm basically grew up with me as I first started playing as a 15 year old. Now after all these years I'm completely sure there is no better MMO in the galaxy and I will never leave for more than a short break.

Edited by Erevorn
  • Like 2

Met a fine fellow by the name of Justdave in WU. He would sail around bring people food. I put the last plank to his caravel because he went offline when it was almost finished and I was afraid someone would come and finish it and take it. He got a bit upset and just gave me the ship lol. He ended up leaving the server shortly after. I miss Justdave he was a good guy and I screwed up. Screenshot of him below.

Wurm_Launcher_2016-04-24_11-30-39-74.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/25/2017 at 9:54 PM, FranktheTank said:

Hate how threads like this always appear when people are actually coming up with constructive criticism, it distracts from the criticism and masks the problems by "oh well I love it"

Aye, the post reads more like it should be a thread to comfort the devs than anything else. Y’know, like they want a “aww, we might’ve shat on your combat system a bit but here’s all this stuff you did great!”, instead of a genuine appreciation post. Which is why I love that the answers I read so far (even in the OP) are all about the community instead of features.

Edited by AragornII