Sign in to follow this  
nicedreams

Chaos Tabards on Freedom

I don't understand how Chaos is part of Freedom servers, but can't represent our Chaos Kingdoms while on normal freedom servers.  Wagons, flags, etc carry over from Chaos and would like to be able to wear my Chaos tabard on freedom.  Tired of wearing the same tabard when not on Chaos as everyone else.

This should be part of the PvP change.  Would get more people interested on going Chaos and maybe starting a PMK.  Normal Freedomers want custom Tabards and Kingdoms?  Then give them a chance to go to Chaos and create a PMK and earn the right to represent.  Just don't hand it to them though.

Only thing we have when doing Rifts and other events while not on Chaos to represent is dropping tents.  Then have a bunch of normal green freedom tabards around it and don't have a clue who is in what.  Seems lame.

This would boost recruitment into Chaos as others will see these pimped out Kingdoms all over and want to join up.

Why is Chaos part of Freedom then.  It seems like the Dev's (I guess mainly Rolf) have shunned it from the rest of the world and making Epic seem better.  They get multiple servers and cool stuff.  We get...............the finger.  Make Chaos worth more than just one server separated from the rest.

Edited by nicedreams
  • Like 12

+1, but only if you're an active member of THAT kingdom.  I don't want to have people buying JK tabards just because their favorite color is blue, etc.

Edited by Wargasm
  • Like 6

+1

Edit: also think it should be for active kingdom users only. So if your character is something other then freedom on Chaos your tabbard is the same as your Chaos Kingdom :)

Edited by Iberis

Still need to protect your kingdom on Chaos to keep your PMK (graphics) active.  That's the part that I hope brings more population to Chaos.  Don't get a free ride to Chaos to start a PMK and get a tabard for your freedom alliance.  Have to protect it.

+1

It's a great way to advertise PvP on PvE servers too.  Maybe one of my neighbors shows up in a PMK tabard one day, and I find out I have a friend on Chaos I can visit, etc.  Or as mentioned, you can see people work together at Rifts and potentially get to know a few and feel more confident venturing to Hell On Wurm Chaos.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nicedreams said:

Still need to protect your kingdom on Chaos to keep your PMK (graphics) active.  That's the part that I hope brings more population to Chaos.  Don't get a free ride to Chaos to start a PMK and get a tabard for your freedom alliance.  Have to protect it.

+1

Yeah I think it would be a great way to advertise and get freedom players interested in chaos. I've found by talking to players on freedom that are curious about Chaos the biggest thing for them about not joining in the intimidation factor of not knowing anyone there or who is in what kingdom. If they start seeing who is who at events and rifts it will start to get people to realise what the different kingdoms are like and also who to contact to get involved.

Would be great publicity for Chaos.

Plus I would love to be able to wear my DD tabbard on freedom!

• Like 1

Absolutely +1 on this. I'm a freedom carebear and very much agree it would give more insight to pve only players to the groups on Chaos, I can see it would bring the kingdoms closer to the folks, seeing they are the guys we play and chat together on a daily basis on the freedom servers.

I also agree PMK tabard designs must only be visible only if worn by actual members of the actual kingdom.

• Like 3

+1

Tabbards should be tied to the /mykingdoms for chaos (or epic if on epic cluster, but not pve area there so no point).

+1, great promo crossover, and more variety on pve tabard without need for creation time, merely code transfer on dev side.

• Like 7

+1

Not sure whether the /mykingdoms option is better or being able to create kingdom tabards (like flags, wagons, banners etc.)

(loyalty versus economy)

Edited by Bittereinder
  • Like 1

Last I heard people were giving -1 to a nice idea because we should keep Chaos unique and different from other freedom isles. 

On 6/23/2017 at 9:24 PM, nicedreams said:

I don't understand how Chaos is part of Freedom servers, but can't represent our Chaos Kingdoms while on normal freedom servers

Once you leave chaos and cross-over to Freedom your kingdom is changed to Freedom. Being able to "keep" your chaos kingdom would mean you are in an enemy kingdom while you stay at Freedom. 

On 6/23/2017 at 9:24 PM, nicedreams said:

Why is Chaos part of Freedom then.  It seems like the Dev's (I guess mainly Rolf) have shunned it from the rest of the world and making Epic seem better.  They get multiple servers and cool stuff.  We get...............the finger.

The state of Epic states otherwise. If anything Chaos is at a better state player wise since they can cross over to Freedom to sell their loot/characters. Chaos players have the freedom to pvp or pve when they want on the same character.

On 6/24/2017 at 6:51 PM, nicedreams said:

If this is changed a lot of people will be angry, like when Black Legion was destroyed and their PMK graphics got erased. Then a week later it was reverted to the PMK graphics.

On 6/25/2017 at 3:51 AM, Iberis said:

I've found by talking to players on freedom that are curious about Chaos the biggest thing for them about not joining in the intimidation factor of not knowing anyone there or who is in what kingdom

No. You just blab on about chaos in rifts and people there are too nice to tell you to shut up or change the subject. Most people don't join Chaos from Freedom because of the meta-gaming and the use of exploits. Just because you join the wrong kingdom, shouldn't mean you have put your account in jeopardy of being brute forced. To be able to compete you need to spend hundreds on tome charges and drake armour. Also some of us are not big fans of drama and try to avoid it.

I give this suggestion a -1.

• Like 2

Did you forget this is a game? I think you might be taking things a bit too seriously ;)

Some people just like to play for fun.

• Like 3

If tabards and wagons are creatable by all and wearable by all on freedom, big +1 by me.

• Like 1

+1

I've heard lots of arguments from both sides and I fully understand why it would get -1 but i'm a carebear :P Personally i want EVERY kingdom to be displayed in my deeds and i want to be able to make all my own items... therefore i want the ability to make all types. 

+1 

make them like wagons...the kingdoms can use some extra coins