header.png

Unknown deed - Wiczan

Glad Midsommar!

Another busy week with the dev team, with the new bridges out of the way, what might be next? You'll have to read and find out

But first..

Patch Notes

Spoiler
  • Can use keybinds FLATTEN or LEVEL on tile borders resulting in the raising or lowering of the tile border.
  • Less random slopes when mining forward,  depending on skill level.
    • skill less than 50, +-3 (current)
    • skill = 50, variance is +-2
    • skill = 70, variance is +-1
    • skill = 90+ no variance
  • Tile corners are now available on bridges.
  • Champion changes
    • Kingdoms will no longer require the player god to favour them in order to ascend a champion
    • Each kingdom may have one champion per god, with a maximum of three champions
  • Courier and dark messenger no longer have cooldowns
  • Genesis now has a cooldown of 30 seconds

• Bugfix:  Creatures without bodies should play a proper death animation before being deleted.
  • Bugfix: Strange devices courier casts can now be improved while in the correct spirits domain
  • Bugfix: Fixed the bug that caused the pave option to show on packed dirt with floor boards, resulting in a gravel tile.

More fences!

With the release of the new textures and fences, many were asking about other possibilities, such as parapets, tall walls and other things.
As we stated then, this work requires several major changes to expand possible fence types, and would be a little more intensive than simply adding the textures.

I'm pleased to announce that this is a project currently underway, with the tall stone wall, portcullis, high iron fence/gate, stone parapet fences receiving the textures of  slate, rounded stone, pottery brick, sandstone, rendered, and marble!

This probably begins some players third or fourth deed remodels, but with more options available, who's complaining?

Champion changes

This week saw the changes of champions and how they work, going from a cap of 3 per god and 3 per kingdom to 1 per god per kingdom and 3 per kingdom. This means all kingdoms have equal opportunity of choosing their champions, so choose well! With this addition, Mol-Rehan kingdoms can now choose Fo and Vynora champions as well, with Jenn-Kellon kingdoms able to choose Magranon as a champion. Of course Libila remains HotS only.

Midsummers on Xanadu
Tomorrow is the launch of our Midsummer event on Xanadu, with a special unique prize for those who complete it. 

We have a sneak peek of the prize to tease you all with today! 

mask.png

This unique Midsummers themed mask will only be available through this event, which will be open until the end of July, so make sure you get in and solve the mystery!

auction_timer_E1498312755.gif

Performance monitoring
Over the coming weeks we'll be adding extra performance monitoring on servers, starting with a smaller undisclosed server. With this system we'll be able to track performance better and identify any areas of concern, which hopefully leads to tweaks and modifications to address the issues.

This won't be run on the same server as the creature changes, but we'll of course continue to update you all as the weeks go on, showcasing the results and our goals for the future.

Community Content

This is slightly older, but forum user Iberis (Hexd) has been all over Exodus and is showing off her travels!
Check out the sights and wonders of Exodus, I cannot wait to see where she goes next!

That's it from us this week, I hope to see you all this weekend! Until then though, keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team 

• Like 19

That mask is amazing :) Great news on the walls as well. What a good week!

BUT!!!!!

Give me my mirror, that's all I ask,

Especially now for that gorgeous mask.

Help me to turn into who I am,

Help me to turn from a Sir to a Ma'am.

Allow me to look the way that I feel,

To see what emotional wounds that may heal.

Too long now have I lived in looks like a guy,

With mirrors announced, I am asking: Why?

Why do I still have to look like a male?

When can I leave this bodily jail?

Edited by Yldrania
  • Like 12

Cash shop upgrades are ongoing, but not in a position to give any timeframe yet, simply that its a work in progress

• Like 1

" Iberis has been all over Exopdus"
This just in, the grammar police have charged you with one misspelling of the name Exodus. 
You have 24 hours to correct said issue or further action shall be taken. 

:P

(EDIT: Don't know if this typo or just funny spelling. " Glad Midsommar")

2nd EDIT: Oh, was soo busy being a grammar nazi I forgot to say, WOOT! Can't wait for tomorrow's event!

Edited by Matholameu

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

I see no typo, clearly you are mistaken

My eyes playing tricks on me. :P

(P.S. Just edited my OP.)

What time does the midsummer event launch?  Could we have a timer please?  Preferrably in UTC?

'cos you know how much Retro loves getting those timers right...

13 minutes ago, Wonka said:

What time does the midsummer event launch?  Could we have a timer please?  Preferrably in UTC?

'cos you know how much Retro loves getting those timers right...

Here's the topic about the Midsummer event, including the timer. :)

And about this topic itself, I LOVE the mask! *Middle-Earth fangirl screaming* 

Edited by Kadmint
  • Like 1

Yay for no gender mistakes when mentioning me! Thanks Retro for linking my vid too :P

So glad we are gonna have paparets now for the new walls... time to edit my warehouse design plans... again *sigh

• Like 1

Iberis, you thrive on change are tree slaves;). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iberis said:

Yay for no gender mistakes when mentioning me! Thanks Retro for linking my vid too :P

So glad we are gonna have paparets now for the new walls... time to edit my warehouse design plans... again *sigh

So when are they going to give you the title, "Official Wurm Videographer" already?

• Like 1

Does that mean we have to re-do our fences, or do we get that similar 'apply a thing and change it out' thing all those other walls/cave walls etc got? I'd kill for some slate fences/portcullis. (I also would kill for the ability to dye my armor black so I can be the black knight...) I love me some black.

Wurm has some weird fascination with masks. This one is cute, though. And yay for potential new fences!

Would be nice if masks would offer face protection... 

(I'll wear it anyways, but come on dev team, seems only wogical they'd give protection. :P  )

Do we have to go to a starter town on Xanadu and is it advised to have a horse?

26 minutes ago, Bittereinder said:

Horse isn't needed, might want one anyways. 
Have to go to a starter town on Xanadu to begin event. 

"You will not need:

A horse

A boat

Combat capabilities

Sanity

You will need

Food

Water

A sense of humour"
~Retrograde

Edited by Matholameu
Oops

21 minutes ago, Bittereinder said:

Yes, starter towns on Xan only.

No horse needed. ;)

• Like 1

Ya'll killing me with these new textures. I just get the deed done, and Kristof wants to remodel for the fifth time. The only thing holding him back? High fences. *sighs* Now what am I going to do??

Otherwise, keep up the great work!

Great work art team!  That mask is beautiful!!!

Thank you Dev team for all of your hard work!

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Less random slopes when mining forward,  depending on skill level.

• skill = 90+ no variance

If this means that at 90+ mining skill the next tile that is mined out will always remain *level* with the previous one, this is excellent news! Seems almost too good to be true when after all these years my mined out tiles result in crazy dips in the mine floors all over the place, which is why I am questioning the reality of my interpretation.

Yes, also good news with the addition of more wall/fence types with the new available textures. Me, I just wait for them to hit WU where I can quickly use them as desired. Not much point in redoing things in WO multiple times with the exceedingly slow processes in comparison. Poor WOmanites ye be, enjoying these "redoings". Still, you are generally sane and likeable individuals on the whole, I guess.

=Ayes=

i always enjoy in this videos and i see even black pearl :D   great times

and i hope one will be made soon for xanadu and i would see glasshollow there :D  

• Like 1

Guess i have to go to xanadu for once....you win this time giant annoying server!

But hey a video that features my deed :D Check out progress on Magranon's Rest in the Exodus section guys :)

can you change masks so they don't take damage in combat thanks.

• Like 1