Sign in to follow this  
elentari

Allow trading from freedom to epic and viceversa

Fairly sure this has been proposed before, but why not allow Epic/Freedom trade ?  I keep hearing that "oh god, those rich epic players with their 50x skillgain (not true really, pretty much just as hard like freedom to grind skills past 70) will flood our markets with easy to do 90 ql goods and ruin the economy". But is it really true? Will it ruin the economy or just give players more trading options? Maybe do it as an experiment for 6-8 months to see if it actually revitalizes trade on epic and freedom, keep in mind, freedomers will now have access to Epic market and able to sell stuff there too, rares, supremes, etc.

After a decade, the wurm community seems to have grown more familiar with the servers and players so why not encourage free trade over all servers? Pretty sure a lot of freedomers would benefit for example from buying a lot of rarely used runes/rift materials from epic, or having their market open to more priests able to enchant from epic. Also epic players will have the market open to new trading opportunities from freedom and able to buy items they would rarely find on epic such as supremes or perhaps fantastic items, drake hide and scales (keep in mind until recently drops from dragons on epic were in the 0.01 kg levels) so seeing someone in dragon armor was something of an event on Epic.

I think the pros outweight the cons, and it would surely merit at least a chance to experiment to making wurm a global market to see where it goes. Also, i can already see many opinions swaying in the -1 , "the market is crappy already, dont give us more stuff ", well if the market is crappy already what do you have to lose? I can't say i'm a master in economic theory but doesn't having paths open to new trade routes in general lead to positive economic outcomes and growth? 

Let's hear your opinions. 

*Addendum : maybe make a small 200x200 island port where epic and freedom can sail to , where they can sell bulk materials, statues, etc. and sail back. Suggestions on how to call this island port? :D

Edited by elentari
  • Like 1

Mega -1. The difference in the price of moonmetal alone between the two clusters makes this completely unfeasible. 

Edited by Matholameu
  • Like 1

if there will be no straight merge, which budda has said like a bajillion times it won't happen, then I do not want the worst aspect the influx of epic items into freedom to be the "key feature" that actually makes it.

2 hours ago, Matholameu said:

Mega -1. The difference in the price of moonmetal alone between the two clusters makes this completely unfeasible. 

1 hour ago, Budda said:

Nope.

1 hour ago, FranktheTank said:

if there will be no straight merge, which budda has said like a bajillion times it won't happen, then I do not want the worst aspect the influx of epic items into freedom to be the "key feature" that actually makes it.

1 hour ago, Kswords said:

-1 Just delete Epic

So Chaos goods to freedom = OK

Epic goods to freedom = NOK

Maybe then separate Chaos from Freedom?

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 5

Theres too many differences and really it gives Epic everything to gain and freedom only looses. For example freedom is drowning in dragons from the higher loot so the scraps Epic gets will not make a difference, however Elevation has chests and easier moonmetals to gain to flood freedom and tank their prices. Epic stands to gain from the ridiculous prices of tomes on freedom while freedom wouldn't see a huge influx of them available. More priests to enchant things will also drive prices down further since Epic has nothing new to offer there. The only thing that freedom may stand to get something out of is rift materials but I mean really they have a bajillion servers all with their own rifts so its only a matter of time until they become more common if not already.

2 hours ago, elentari said:

well if the market is crappy already what do you have to lose?

Just a guess here but there is always room for crappy to become more crappy, if people are already undercutting to ensure a sale then it will just get worse with more vendors available.

• Like 1

freedom aint ready for the amount of moon metal and hota statues I will dump if this ever happened.

• Like 2

Too many differences and our market is flooded with 90ql goods already anyway.

+1, best idea ever, bigger market == bigger demand - > prices go up -> everyone profits!!!

• Like 1

Alright, what about allowing free trade but not trading moon metals, like put them on a "no trade list" so it doesn't affect the moon market on freedom? As for hota statues, i doubt those are going to break the freedom market. 

1 minute ago, elentari said:

Alright, what about allowing free trade but not trading moon metals, like put them on a "no trade list" so it doesn't affect the moon market on freedom? As for hota statues, i doubt those are going to break the freedom market. 

Have you seen what they sell for lol

Just now, elentari said:

just as hard like freedom to grind skills past 70)

-1 for this comment alone being as it is, so incorrect ;)

• Like 2

Why is it incorrect? I have heard from many other people that past 70 skills , it's just as hard on epic to grind due to the effective curve which makes gains very small. 

Epic has 2x skill gain as well as the curve, and at 70 skill you're able to make 90ql things anyway, you could grind 70 in a day for most crafting skills. It's just skills like meditation that the curve makes getting 70 a pain.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

11 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

you could grind 70 in a day for most crafting skills

What?

19 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

What?

Make new acc, give it coc tools, then grind blacksmithing or whatever till fatigue, you'll be 60+ and close to 70. acc with 5/10 hours sleep bonus can hit 70 easy.

2 hours ago, elentari said:

i m a freedom player and therefor not really into the epic prices, but its not only about moon metals. like every item in wurm and rl it has a value (not monetary) defined including usage, advantages, durability, etc. this value is what we pay for with money.

to short this up every item is connected to every other (we buy moonmetals cause its better than steel, steel cause its better than iron, iron cause its better than rock, enchants cause its better than blank, and so on) and with it the value and the amount of money we pay. if a set of items has a sigificant difference in the market value (now it is about money) on two clusters while being the exact same items, that leads to a difference in ALL prices.

combining the two markets would destroy both, and with it deal large damage to the community and the game itself.

and to give it an example: iirc i saw simple rare forges selling on epic for 1.5-2s, while on freedom for 5-6s

Edited by Simju

10 minutes ago, Simju said:

and to give it an example: iirc i saw simple rare forges selling on epic for 1.5-2s, while on freedom for 5-6s

Must have been real bargain.

Normally on epic rare forges/ovens/smelters/floor looms etc sell for 5s.

Epic is a completely separate game.  So No trading or even bringing anything back and forth between the 2 worlds. 

+1 Freedom takes everything from Epic, it's about time they gave something back.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lolabelle said:

Epic is a completely separate game.  So No trading or even bringing anything back and forth between the 2 worlds. 

Completely separate server. All other are the same, except on Freedom You cannot harm anyone in any way.