Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Midsummer on Xanadu

is there time limit to complete all there, or is it bug?

just my fault, entering every maze without talking to forgetter :P

2 hours ago, Nilars said:

just my fault, entering every maze without talking to forgetter :P

I don't remember seeing anything about talking to the forgetter if you leave one part of the maze and re-enter using a different entry.

If that really is the problem, and I suspect it is, using the sign to get back to the central area should also either advise you to talk to the forgetter, or clear down progress.

I've updated to advise that, and also closed the house and cave starts, the hedge is the only start point now, should make it a bit easier.

While it worked well when it worked, it unfortunately caused a few to get confused.

Ive added wells and a torch giver to the cave

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

the hedge is the only start point now, should make it a bit easier

And this is how, with all good intentions, our democracy and freedom of choice is being slowly yet steadily taken away bit by bit.

• Like 2

;) i arrived, gave it a go, completed the house (fun), then ran screaming back to deli after i tried the hedge maze.
I didn't consider the need to reset because CAhelp was explaining that it does it automatically when you leave the dream world.
glad it's fixed.
Currently logged out in the cavern until i find someone with a map or i muster the energy to make my own.
I found every single nymph except the one i needed and that took an hour.

fyi - unstable client and lantern is adequately bright. 

http://pyromancers.com/dungeon-painter-online/
www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient_unstable.jnlp 

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 1

I quite enjoyed the building and maze, but really disliked the light level in the cave. If there's a torch giver then I unfortunatly totally missed it in the several hours I spent down there. The darkness made it incredibly hard, but thankfully I managed to make a somwhat accurate map (took a few hours as I screwed up a lot, and without light it's so easy to lose your way and no longer know where on your own map you are). I think what might help is placing lamps here and there in the mine so it's lit, even if some spots are only barely lit by distant lamps. Or putting a lantern in the player's inventory when they enter the mine, and taking it back when they exit the mine.

I did like how the mine forced me to actually make a map, that was quite interesting. In the maze and building I just always went right, which would result in you looping through the entire thing and visiting all the nymphs. It took some time but did the trick. The mine was set up in such a way where this simply did not work, which was a great way to switch things up.

Edited by Ecrir

1 hour ago, Ecrir said:

I did like how the mine forced me to actually make a map, 

Pic or it didn't happen ;)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Retrograde said:

I've updated to advise that, and also closed the house and cave starts, the hedge is the only start point now, should make it a bit easier.

While it worked well when it worked, it unfortunately caused a few to get confused.

Ive added wells and a torch giver to the cave

I sent alt to bring lantern to my priest who was in cave and had to redo hedge with him when i realized i can't enter cave directly, no it didn't make it a bit easier it made it much harder :D Road to hell is paved with good intentions i guess ;)
But all in all i got my mask, i might even force myself to finish cave and house with alt :)
Good work btw, mazes are mindblowing, made me hate myself for doing it just for stupid mask and forced me to draw map at the end, it was fun all in all, just i wish they arent that time consuming and that you warned people to bring lanterns and tar.

• Like 1

I started with the cave, and at first the "follow one wall" technique seemed to be working, but after several statues I ended up drawing a full map. The same went for the garden maze (the house was easy, thanks to someone who left pointers). Although I nearly lost my mind mapping the maze, in the end I actually enjoyed it too.

• Like 1

I found it tedious. Just boring.

Also, really jarring creative choice to break the fourth wall on almost every question.

The endless questions about game mechanics.

In the context of this fictional universe, do characters think of themselves as "players"? How would they understand a question about a "Player God" otherwise?

If a certain type of berry does not exist in this universe, how would the player characters know about it?

Nothing felt real about it.

• Like 1

I found all the statues and wrote down what they said .

Just don't see what else there is to do?

Is there a hidden entrance/exit  in the hedge maze...

Other  2 places are roped off at start..

4 hours ago, Damascus said:

I found all the statues and wrote down what they said .

Just don't see what else there is to do?

Is there a hidden entrance/exit  in the hedge maze...

Other  2 places are roped off at start..

When you enter the maze you were given a question to answer, the statues are the answers to questions you get, answer all the questions and the last statue sends you on to the mine.

That's it I did  not get any  question as I entered the maze Only think was to see some npc there that's it..

I will leave and try it new.

One statue asked for info on sword enchant , another was about goblins and so forth . and a OK to click on..

2 hours ago, Damascus said:

That's it I did  not get any  question as I entered the maze Only think was to see some npc there that's it..

I will leave and try it new.

One statue asked for info on sword enchant , another was about goblins and so forth . and a OK to click on..

When you enter the Dream, not any mazes yet, you will have to talk to the NPC and check a sign next to him first to get it started. Then you can enter maze and question should pop up.

A-mazing Thanks to the two player who helped me out with water and food. I had to leave it and not finish.

I got out only to find one of my horse team died, horse's corpse and equipment gone. I was parked inside the start roped area.

Maze, if i go in again it will be 3rd time. Two of my friends are in there..they're food rotted...so i have to. I'm camp cook and outta there. :(

Edited by jasminth
  • Like 1

I actually quite enjoyed the mazes.  The hedge maze was tough, but thanks to a few packed tiles, bodies, and a dropped club, I was able to figure out where I was in the maze.  The cave was dreadful, even with my lantern to light the way.  I was lost in that place for Vynora knows how long... but then the house was a welcome change of pace and I got through that easily.  Overall, I had a good time and got a welcome memento to remember that with.  Thanks to Retro and everyone that put that event together and I can't wait to see more events like that in the future!

• Like 1

Ra13G8Z.jpg

Thanks for creating and setting up this great event - this must have been a lot of work. Good job, folks!

[19:09:00] It is 11:32:43 on Luck day in week 1 of the Snake's starfall in the year of 1067.
[19:09:08] You enter That Place Between Sleep And Awake.
[19:10:01] Your are rewarded a mask of rebirth.
[19:13:18] You wear a mask of rebirth.

• Like 2

IRI3Isn.jpg
I experienced the mazes from the perspective of compass, compass and lantern, compass and lantern and map (excluding house)
strangely.. the hedge was easier to follow without a map compared to cavern.
the hedge was harder to follow with a map than the cavern was.
the cavern, was hell on earth, without a map. (sense of humour not high enough)
the hedge was taxing, with and without a map.
The cavern was easy with a map.
The house.. was fun. fun.a real perfect balance, without a map. *win*
.in my humble opinion and relative experience.
(some of us, have visualization skills, this is hardware. genetic.. wide connections between neurons, mathematicians, einstein. i am not one of these people tho genius can flow through us all.)
A challenge on many levels
Retrograde, thank you for the designs. Buddha, thank you for the mask
Knowing what i have presented, with potential given, i hope i have served definition somewhat.

third time's a charm.

Edited by Steveleeb
this and that
  • Like 1

Yay! This was the most painfull yet fun experience in a while,I almost quit in the cave,the hedge was fun becouse i used the mountains and trees to guide me and the house.. was amazed about it really nice work!

I am a proud owner of my own mask!'

EDIT: I'm an idiot! I forgot to mention the nice lady I met and did the maze with! Thank you Silberry for sharing the pain with me :D

Spoiler

TBdXc9s.jpg

Edited by Jonydowy
  • Like 2

Thanks to the people who created this, it was a-maze-ingly frustrating and fun at the same time. And thanks for a certain someone for dragging me through parts of the dungeon when I was lost and desperate, especially that horror house. ;)

I often put these things off until the very last moment

Will there be a few days notice before the event closes?

Wow, that was the most idiotic event I ever participated in any mmo I ever played. Events are in general stupid, but wandering for three hours in a cave where I can't see drek is.. wow, that's not only stupid but also quite annoying.

it encourages teamwork and compassion.
if u wondered around on your own without considering to make or ask for a map, then you're going to have a hard time.
If you hadn't called it idiotic and stupid, i would have probably pm'd you what u needed. 
I did it three times before i succeeded. It's madness, but i wouldn't call it idiotic. or stupid. 
I'm glad you're enjoying the game.