Sign in to follow this  
Galatyn

Can enchant but not dispel items not owned

I was unable to dispel an item and later found out it was because I was not the owner (i.e. last person to have it in inventory).  So I tested and found that I can enchant items for which I am not the owner, but not dispel them.  This may not be a bug, per se, but doesn't seem right.

I would imagine it's that way so people don't grief each other by dispelling another person's items. 

2 minutes ago, Matholameu said:

I would imagine it's that way so people don't grief each other by dispelling another person's items. 

Yeah, I agree with you....just seems like I should not be able to enchant someone else's stuff either, without having it in inventory first.

7 minutes ago, Galatyn said:

Yeah, I agree with you....just seems like I should not be able to enchant someone else's stuff either, without having it in inventory first.

Oh, yeah I agree. 

Pretty sure it's a feature. Btw priests can't be owners of mailboxes, i believe.

edit: and this way you can have a priest enchant your stuff without letting it in their suspicious hands

Edited by zigozag

25 minutes ago, zigozag said:

Pretty sure it's a feature. Btw priests can't be owners of mailboxes, i believe.

I'm 99% positive you are correct. Can't build them I think. 

Edited by Matholameu

hmm...could you grief someone by enchanting their item with a low-skill priest, and causing it to shatter?

11 minutes ago, Wonka said:

hmm...could you grief someone by enchanting their item with a low-skill priest, and causing it to shatter?

If they have permissions set so you can cast spells but not pick up items.