Sign in to follow this  
Mosquete

We should be able to make a living out of any profession.

Be nice if there were USEFUL forage/botanise items that were found only at higher skill levels (or on tiles foragable/botaniseable at higher levels...)

It would also be nice if animals killed by a bow gave higher ql products when butchered...

+1

• Like 2

I should get payed for climbing skill

• Like 1

I agree that the range of skills are quite inconsistent in their usefulness and especially their mechanics, picking up your fishing example: I have a pretty decent rod, even rare, willow, 70+ fishing skill, I still get highly varied fish qualities. Same goes for metallurgy as I heard. Coal making is also quite inconistent compared to other skills like farming where you are pretty much guaranteed a certain quality. These skills are usually frustrating to pursue at all, and this should really be addressed.

These inconsistent skills aren't entirely uncontroversial, but I think a somewhat healither market could emerge from "fixing" them. Selling high QL alloys for instance could become a better avenue for making money; right now I rarely ever see anyone trying to sell good brass or bronze because it's apperantly (I'm taking this view from impressions on the forum and the ingame chat about this topic and might be wrong) too much of a pain to come by even for dedicated metallurgists. On the other hand...brass and bronze are only needed for niche things and might not be worth trying to offer one way or another.

High QL fish could be provided consistenly to cooks from people willing to dedicate the time to grinding fishing and having their characters not do much else, sure, would be nice to see more of that, but how financially viable do you expect this to be?

I'll -1 this with a counter proposal: Fix the inconsistencies of product QL among the wide range of skill lists, as some of them seem to be arbitrarily more varied than others. Then see if a healither market emerges as a natural consequence, but don't jump the shark by introducing completely new items, mechanics and concepts to tilt the whole market in favor of skills that will ultimately never be as useful as others in terms of marketability.

There is a case to be made about consistency, even in terms of improving market dynamics, but OPs demand in the title alone is one hell of a thing to ask for.

1 hour ago, Redd said:

My dream was to be a corpse retriever for people who died falling down cliffs. Nerf karma now!

Edited by Flubb

6 hours ago, Redd said:

I'm seeing a bunch of dumb comments and it hurts my soul ;-;. Who wants to live on top of a mountain for any reason other than to be bad***. Theres nothing valuable about living in areas of high altitude, but if there were things that spawned at high altitudes and made it an un-ideal place for living, then mountain climbers would be able to journey up there, get the stuff that can enhance gear or make something cool, and then trade it. The OP is asking for more skills to have value in them, and you are all taking it as "I want to make money for premium" rather than "I want diversity".

13 hours ago, Seriphina said:

-1  Nope.  Fishing, as an example, most people essentially do afk.  Part of the charm of Wurm is you can play entirely solo, mastering all of the skills eventually (apart from the priest trade-off).  Changing that so a few skills become "marketable" with caps on others would make this exactly like every other mmo out there, and and army of alts would resolve the problem of needing something you can't do yourself.  No thank you.  I like becoming a jack of all trades and eventual master of them as well.

And this... this got to me :(

1.) Fishing is no easier than any other crafting in the game as far as my experiences. the timer may be 2 mins (or 3 i havent fished in a while) but i wait 1 minute and i just click the button like crazy, then watch my youtube video or do my homework. If i were blacksmithing i would have 50 of the same items, sort by material that needs to be improved, bind r improve, and just go down the list queue-ing 4 times. That alone takes a minute and then i will go down the list again with the same material until its the minority and switch imp tools. So just like fishing i click every minute, blacksmithing i press a key every minute. Only difference is the forge (but that doesnt matter for leatherworking, cloth tailoring, all carpentry, or crafting bulk stuff). Yet fishing is either for noobs who need food, or people who want certain recipes that are no better than other recipes. Want Ink? you can fight for it easily, screw fishing.

2.) WHO MENTIONED CAPS ON SKILLS? You litterally brought up a suggestion YOU DON'T LIKE out of THIN AIR. It confuses my brain and hurts really bad.

3.) You can still be the jack of all trades, but become more useful. I don't think everybody was super pissed when the ql of the container mattered in making food. nobody said "Wtf you made pottery a more valuable skill, damn it now there's a reason to work on another skill." Besides Why do you want to master all of them when a lot do not have decent value. "Whatcha doing" "Playing wurm" "Oh what are you doing on wurm" "Raising my fishing skill" "Oh is fish good?" "Nah there are better options, but i want to get a title from it and probably never use it"

12 hours ago, Alkhadias said:

Making a living without any profession is difficult in real life as well as here. 

Also you don't have much influence on demand, so even if we'd consider that all skills would be valuable and important, naturally some of them would have more market demand than others. 

AND YOUUUUUUUU!!! Who said wurm had to be a clone of the game "IRL". If wurm was just like irl i wouldnt play wurm, I'd be at the gym lifting weights and reading books to increase my mind logic and body strength. Also Nobody mentioned that fishing had to be just as good as channelling, but at least have something. Don't pull random negatives out of thin air like Seriphina.

Decided to rant because im bored at work and was really confused on everybody's response. The only problem with the OP is that it is very vague, and the title doesn't express what he is asking for. He is not asking to pay his irl bills and premium, but at least the ability to find something decently trade-able in a skill. @Mosquete,you are better off making specific suggestions. Skill by skill. Fishing is a good start might i add, Filleting them only provides food, but butchering them can possibly provide things like glands, eyes, and fish bones. Fish bones (even bones from regular animals) would be really nice for things like tribal necklaces that give buffs (takes damage when buff is applied, can be repaired and imped with jewelry smithing.. maybe leatherworking, idk) that aren't as good as shoulder pads or other rift related items that still don't work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yiraia said:

I'm seeing a bunch of dumb comments and it hurts my soul ;-;. Who wants to live on top of a mountain for any reason other than to be bad***. Theres nothing valuable about living in areas of high altitude, but if there were things that spawned at high altitudes and made it an un-ideal place for living, then mountain climbers would be able to journey up there, get the stuff that can enhance gear or make something cool, and then trade it. The OP is asking for more skills to have value in them, and you are all taking it as "I want to make money for premium" rather than "I want diversity".

And this... this got to me :(

1.) Fishing is no easier than any other crafting in the game as far as my experiences. the timer may be 2 mins (or 3 i havent fished in a while) but i wait 1 minute and i just click the button like crazy, then watch my youtube video or do my homework. If i were blacksmithing i would have 50 of the same items, sort by material that needs to be improved, bind r improve, and just go down the list queue-ing 4 times. That alone takes a minute and then i will go down the list again with the same material until its the minority and switch imp tools. So just like fishing i click every minute, blacksmithing i press a key every minute. Only difference is the forge (but that doesnt matter for leatherworking, cloth tailoring, all carpentry, or crafting bulk stuff). Yet fishing is either for noobs who need food, or people who want certain recipes that are no better than other recipes. Want Ink? you can fight for it easily, screw fishing.

2.) WHO MENTIONED CAPS ON SKILLS? You litterally brought up a suggestion YOU DON'T LIKE out of THIN AIR. It confuses my brain and hurts really bad.

3.) You can still be the jack of all trades, but become more useful. I don't think everybody was super pissed when the ql of the container mattered in making food. nobody said "Wtf you made pottery a more valuable skill, damn it now there's a reason to work on another skill." Besides Why do you want to master all of them when a lot do not have decent value. "Whatcha doing" "Playing wurm" "Oh what are you doing on wurm" "Raising my fishing skill" "Oh is fish good?" "Nah there are better options, but i want to get a title from it and probably never use it"

AND YOUUUUUUUU!!! Who said wurm had to be a clone of the game "IRL". If wurm was just like irl i wouldnt play wurm, I'd be at the gym lifting weights and reading books to increase my mind logic and body strength. Also Nobody mentioned that fishing had to be just as good as channelling, but at least have something. Don't pull random negatives out of thin air like Seriphina.

Decided to rant because im bored at work and was really confused on everybody's response. The only problem with the OP is that it is very vague, and the title doesn't express what he is asking for. He is not asking to pay his irl bills and premium, but at least the ability to find something decently trade-able in a skill. @Mosquete,you are better off making specific suggestions. Skill by skill. Fishing is a good start might i add, Filleting them only provides food, but butchering them can possibly provide things like glands, eyes, and fish bones. Fish bones (even bones from regular animals) would be really nice for things like tribal necklaces that give buffs (takes damage when buff is applied, can be repaired and imped with jewelry smithing.. maybe leatherworking, idk) that aren't as good as shoulder pads or other rift related items that still don't work.

Okay, since you have them numbered, I'll respond in numbered order. 

1. Yes it is.  You don't need additional tools, you don't have to even really pay attention to what you are doing. Fishing is one of the least interactive skills in the game.  Click, wait. Click, wait.

Let's compare that, as you did, to improving an item with say... Cloth Tailoring.  First, I need cotton of high enough quality to make string of high enough quality as it comes up randomly in the improving tool queue to be able to improve the item.  If my item gets to 63.04 and my cotton is max ql of 63.03, I need to find some better cotton or farm some.  That's if I need the cotton of the water, scissors, needle, and string of cloth I have to keep in my inventory to be able to improve the item I'm working on. Then I have to keep improving the item limited by my skill for more than 2-3 minutes before moving on to the next. But, yes, fishing is exactly the same with all of the... single fishing pole.  Hmm, perhaps not.

2. If you want to have an economy based on a marketable profession and not have people just go out and do it themselves (exactly what happens now with the exception of the boring and grindy stuff which is why bulk is basically the only profession) is to cap the skills so you have to choose an actual profession, like other MMOs, which is what I was saying in my response.  It's not out of thin air, it's the basis of every profession based economy. I can make this and the next guy can't...

3. The part of this you seem to not understand is that this is a real currency economy. People don't want to constantly shell out silvers because Sandra Dee wants more money for skilling something that isn't really particularly useful but wants to enjoy her play time and not have to pay for her upkeep or premium out of her own pocket.  That is what this all boils down to.  People are willing to pay money on the droll boring stuff so they can do things that are more fun, but that's out of convenience. That's why there is a market for those items.  No one is entitled to the silvers that come out of professions.  Sorry if you think that making bulk items is boring, but that is why there's a market for them in the first place.  In the end, CC needs to keep the servers running with the funds that come from people paying for premium and upkeep, and other money floating in the marketplace is real money from real people investing in the game for one reason or another.  No one is entitled to a chunk of that simply for logging in to play the game.  So, no, it's not about diversity. It's about what is fun to do in the game vs what is work.

Finally, I'm sick of you singling me out in posts attempting to pick apart my comments. Just because you don't agree with a statement or don't fully understand it, does not give you the right to make comments like you did and constantly accuse me of pulling out random things from the air, in this thread and others. Sorry your pathetic soul is so weak that other people's comments make it hurt.  Perhaps you should get to the gym and strengthen that backbone.  Just because you don't see a benefit in something, such as living at high altitude, doesn't mean there is not a benefit to someone else.  Your viewpoint isn't the only one that matters.  Someone having a differing viewpoint doesn't make theirs "bad" as you called it.

Edited by Seriphina
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Seriphina said:

Okay, since you have them numbered, I'll respond in numbered order. 

1. Yes it is.  You don't need additional tools, you don't have to even really pay attention to what you are doing. Fishing is one of the least interactive skills in the game.  Click, wait. Click, wait.

Let's compare that, as you did, to improving an item with say... Cloth Tailoring.  First, I need cotton of high enough quality to make string of high enough quality as it comes up randomly in the improving tool queue to be able to improve the item.  If my item gets to 63.04 and my cotton is max ql of 63.03, I need to find some better cotton or farm some.  That's if I need the cotton of the water, scissors, needle, and string of cloth I have to keep in my inventory to be able to improve the item I'm working on. Then I have to keep improving the item limited by my skill for more than 2-3 minutes before moving on to the next. But, yes, fishing is exactly the same with all of the... single fishing pole.  Hmm, perhaps not.

1.)The preparation of the additional tools are insignificant. I have high ql tools from impalong and they still function extremely well without any additional imps. And i have worked my skills from 30 to 70 in blacksmithing, 40 to 60 in jewelrysmithing, and some other smithings here and there with them. Yet again you can not read that well, i clearly said in my first point "Fishing is no easier than any other crafting in the game as far as my experiences" When i fish i just click, when i smith i just press keys. No difference. Infact i would have a more annoying time fishing because the best fish would require specific locations found by a pendulum, or simple fish with higher ql in deep water. And getting the high ql materials for smithing isn't a matter of raising smithing, its a matter of mining, ANOTHER easy skill where you just click a bunch. If you decide to link items together, then you can argue that you need to be a good carpenter to get a good rod to fish with. I'll repeat for you, as far as my experiences, fishing is no easier than any other crafting in the game.

2. If you want to have an economy based on a marketable profession and not have people just go out and do it themselves (exactly what happens now with the exception of the boring and grindy stuff which is why bulk is basically the only profession) is to cap the skills so you have to choose an actual profession, like other MMOs, which is what I was saying in my response.  It's not out of thin air, it's the basis of every profession based economy. I can make this and the next guy can't...

2.) My second point was asking why did you bring up capping. Nobody mentioned it and you respond "A market wont exist unless you cap people's skills" which is not true AT ALL. There is a market that exist right now, and its between new players and better players, or possibly good players that have yet to raise a certain skill. I can't do bowyery and i recently bought a bow. I also have a Nathan priest that can cast Coc, but because i need something done now and i want good skill I will still purchase a coc item. Because it takes a lot of time to make a skill decently high (about 70) there exist a market where people decided to specialize in things, and purchase the rest through trade. Not everybody can craft everything they want. Caps aren't needed for a market, the time it takes to raise the skills or make materials is enough to create a market.

3. The part of this you seem to not understand is that this is a real currency economy. People don't want to constantly shell out silvers because Sandra Dee wants more money for skilling something that isn't really particularly useful but wants to enjoy her play time and not have to pay for her upkeep or premium out of her own pocket.  That is what this all boils down to.  People are willing to pay money on the droll boring stuff so they can do things that are more fun, but that's out of convenience. That's why there is a market for those items.  No one is entitled to the silvers that come out of professions.  Sorry if you think that making bulk items is boring, but that is why there's a market for them in the first place.  In the end, CC needs to keep the servers running with the funds that come from people paying for premium and upkeep, and other money floating in the marketplace is real money from real people investing in the game for one reason or another.  No one is entitled to a chunk of that simply for logging in to play the game.  So, no, it's not about diversity. It's about what is fun to do in the game vs what is work.

3.) the part of this you seem to not understand is that wurm is what you make it. Not everybody has to use silver, trading is very well an option in wurm that is simply not utilized. Soon I will plan on utilizing it so i can spend my time on one skill and then trade for the item related to another skill. And you think i believe making bulk items is boring? Don't assume, because i have a blacksmith shop and all i sold were bulk lamps, 100s of them all at 50ql. Bulk items that require improving (and it was as easy as fishing ;) ). get 50 logs, 50 lamp heads, attach them all, shove them in a forge, and do exactly what i said before. Focus tool by tool (not lamp by lamp) and its just a bunch of key pressing and occasional refuels every 40ish mins. Im sorry your head is only floating around negative thoughts, but there are plenty of other options. I know how money works in the game, I know that wurm doesnt spawn infinity money in the ground, I know that people don't need to get silver in order to play the game. I pay for subscriptions monthly. And yes it is diversity, there are skills there for a reason and currently a large amount of them shouldnt even be considered to go past 50 unless you want titles.

Finally, I'm sick of you singling me out in posts attempting to pick apart my comments. Just because you don't agree with a statement or don't fully understand it, does not give you the right to make comments like you did and constantly accuse me of pulling out random things from the air, in this thread and others. Sorry your pathetic soul is so weak that other people's comments make it hurt.  Perhaps you should get to the gym and strengthen that backbone.  Just because you don't see a benefit in something, such as living at high altitude, doesn't mean there is not a benefit to someone else.  Your viewpoint isn't the only one that matters.  Someone having a differing viewpoint doesn't make theirs "bad" as you called it.

Get off your high horse XD I in NO WAY singled you out, there were 3 people in my comment that said stuff that confused me. I said there was a benefit in living at high altitude, and it was to be awesome (bad*** was censored cause im nice like that :3). I understand my viewpoint isn't the only one that matters, I was confused on how your viewpoints were relevant, how Alkhadias wants a video game that is a clone of real life rather than just playing "real life" or where he got the idea that the OP was to make fishing just as good as other skills, and the climbing comment was insignificant and not even well thought out. I'm not saying you guys are wrong, im saying you guys set up a Christmas tree for Halloween. Bringing up irrelevant topics to a vague suggestion that he further explained in the post. Everything else you said are just insults that are not even productive. You are right though :) , I simply don't understand why anybody would disagree with the idea of bringing more value to useless skills.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

I simply don't understand why anybody would disagree with the idea of bringing more value to useless skills.

I can ultimately only speak for myself, but I doubt people here are against adding more "value"(Which isn't strictly in the shape of coins) to skills. It's the direct tie to the monetary system that is clearly jumping the shark, because the implementation will obviously require ludicrously contrived new mechanics and items to achieve that goal.

Hence I maintain that the rather borked "useless" skills have their existing mechanics reviewed and tweaked and worry about their market viabilty second. This is a sandbox game first, and trading is just a part of it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Flubb said:

I can ultimately only speak for myself, but I doubt people here are against adding more "value"(Which isn't strictly in the shape of coins) to skills. It's the direct tie to the monetary system that is clearly jumping the shark, because the implementation will obviously require ludicrously contrived new mechanics and items to achieve that goal.

Hence I maintain that the rather borked "useless" skills have their existing mechanics reviewed and tweaked and worry about their market viabilty second. This is a sandbox game first, and trading is just a part of it.

Thats what I believe too, glad to hear im not alone :D

If higher skilled fishermen (or women) had the ability to catch and stuff fish for decorations, and it was only available to once you reached a certain skill (Lets say 80 in fishing) than you could make a living off fishing just by catching and stuffing fish to hang on walls.

If you had the ability to stuff animals from hunting if your butchering skill was at a set point ( I will use 80 again) than hunters could make a living from just hunting. And if certain animals opened up at a certain skill point, wolf at 50 butchering, troll and 90 than I could see making a decent living off a skill set.

With a little thought you could in theory make most useless skills useful to make money just by adding decorations for housing assigned to those skills.

Mavv

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mavv said:

If higher skilled fishermen (or women) had the ability to catch and stuff fish for decorations, and it was only available to once you reached a certain skill (Lets say 80 in fishing) than you could make a living off fishing just by catching and stuffing fish to hang on walls.

If you had the ability to stuff animals from hunting if your butchering skill was at a set point ( I will use 80 again) than hunters could make a living from just hunting. And if certain animals opened up at a certain skill point, wolf at 50 butchering, troll and 90 than I could see making a decent living off a skill set.

With a little thought you could in theory make most useless skills useful to make money just by adding decorations for housing assigned to those skills.

Mavv

More decorations is certainly one thing that I think everyone on Wurm can agree with.

• Like 4

-1  this OP is the living embodyment of entitlement.

4 hours ago, Rathgar said:

-1  this OP is the living embodyment of entitlement.

Hmm, asking for more jobs to be created so you have more choice in professions isn't exactly what I'd call the "embodiment of entitlement," but I see where you're coming from. 

Nonsense. As a noob, you can only make money doing mindless grinding.

Same for reasonably experienced players. Asking for more and less boring possibilities has nothing at all to do with entitlement whatsoever.

• Like 1

Prices are going to follow supply and demand. Supply is provided by the number of people that can do it and demand by how necessary it is.

Supply for "regular" mobs is going to be tough. Everyone can do it and a lot of people do it regularly for skill, animal parts, meat, etc.So one way is to dramatically cut down on the number of mobs on the server to artificially decrease supply, make mobs much harder (thus making it much harder for most people to hunt, again reducing supply), or dramatically reduce mats you get from slaughtered animals.

Other hand is to touch the demand side. Make the mobs drop something valuable. You'll still have to touch the supply side since mobs are so common and easy to do.

Or you could hunt for uniques. A single dragon would net a few hundred silver. Even split 10 ways, that's enough to pay for several months of premium.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:52 AM, Mosquete said:

I'm talking about work. Everyone can easily make 5k bricks, sell them and "play for free". My point is, there's a huge skill list, but only a small, limited number of them are profitable or even marketable. I don't want to make it easier to make money, I just want new ways to make money, and I want to be able to properly enjoy the game by choosing the skill I want, not the skill the market wants, and still be able to make a living out of it.

I think your concept is flawed here. The easier it is to make silver/coins from a skill the more people will do it and in turn drop the price of the item due to competition. The end result is less silver/coin to be made. This is why some players propose some sort of exclusivity so that they can more easily control higher prices, since then less players are able to produce those items or services. Sure, it is to their benefit but at the cost to others. In this respect your suggestion has some merit since it will destroy market control by the dominant forces (players).

Yet, your reference at the end to "be able to make a living out of it" reveals your true motivation is to make money (silver/coins) from playing the game in order to pay for your game and even other expenses as desired. I would much rather see the ability to make money substitutes from playing the game removed. Then the game would truly be turned into one of playing for enjoyment as most others are. This would also remove a lot of corrupting and disruptive forces (players too) from the game. Of course there is about as much chance of this happening as your suggestion, so lets just call it a draw.

=Ayes=

+1

i agree with this, i mean what is so good about toymaking? no one needs it except for maybe a few puppets and thats it. toymaking is literally useless in my point of view. either take out toymaking or make it useful 

Toymaking is good for producing (and selling) favour. It might be worse than alternatives, but the use is right here.

It's not the game mechanics that reallly decide what skill grants good money gains and which one doesn't, it's the market.

You can't force the market volatile reality to be bent by game mechanics into balance, it will never last anyway.

Mostly you can't propose that as a general rule, because fixing it is wrong and/or impossible.

You can propose things for single skills and individual changes, so that people can actually reply to a proposal and not to an utopia.

As they did for fishing, saying that it is in fact a skill that most people do from afk.

Want to propose a base favor increase for yoyos and whatnot? Do that, it might make sense!

Edited by Davih
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Davih said:

It's not the game mechanics that reallly decide what skill grants good money gains and which one doesn't, it's the market.
You can't force the market volatile reality to be bent by game mechanics into balance, it will never last anyway.

If you watch/read this forum section you will find that people whose focus is to make coins/money from playing the game are always dreaming up schemes ("suggestions") to give them an edge in this market by enhancing it to their own benefit (market niche). In doing this they attempt to do exactly what you mention in your second sentence above. The unfortunate part of it all is if these "suggestions" are adapted they will be at the expense of those who will pay for their controlled market manipulated product.

Sort of amusing to see really, if it were not for the increased prices that it imposes upon others. Then you will see all the justifications arise in an attempt to deny what is actually going on and who is benefiting from it. The pursuit of profits as a substitute for fun is a ruthless venture. Only the Devs can truly rein this in, if they have the insight to do so.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

To the OP:

We shouldn't be able to make a living out of any profession.

This is sandbox and supply is defined by demand, not but some artificial actions, just because someone decided that he must be a carpenter and make living by creating chairs.

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ayes said:

If you watch/read this forum section you will find that people whose focus is to make coins/money from playing the game are always dreaming up schemes ("suggestions") to give them an edge in this market by enhancing it to their own benefit (market niche). In doing this they attempt to do exactly what you mention in your second sentence above. The unfortunate part of it all is if these "suggestions" are adapted they will be at the expense of those who will pay for their controlled market manipulated product.

Sort of amusing to see really, if it were not for the increased prices that it imposes upon others. Then you will see all the justifications arise in an attempt to deny what is actually going on and who is benefiting from it. The pursuit of profits as a substitute for fun is a ruthless venture. Only the Devs can truly rein this in, if they have the insight to do so.

=Ayes=

I understand what you say, but that is exactly why i suggest that they should be given as individual suggestions, because everyone can read and reply in the thread, and if someone else thinks a given change would benefit someone's market only and/or be overally bad for the community, it's their right to complain and disagree with the idea.

While some generic idea of balancing everything, means really nothing and helps nobody

For instance, a couple of specifical (therefore meaningful) suggestions were made on this thread

- Enchance fishing reward, with like fishes that give 1hr sleep bonus.
I'm not saying fishing is balanced, but this would create a mess. because fishes would be probably coddable, and fishing is mostly done from afk having very long timers.

There is a pretty good portion of players that can sort-of play from work but not too much, and it would be easy for them to queue up several fishing actions (some people can queue 8 of them)
Even if the SB fishes would be pretty rare, i'd assume you might get one over... dunno, 4-8 hours of fishing? That means these kind of players would be able to fish-up 1 or 2 hours of sleep bonus every day. (20 in a month?)
They would be better than Sleep powder because coddable, so i guess they would be sold at 1s each at first, but coddable, making sleep powders worth less because non-coddable - but if the market gets even saturated from them, competition will become harsh, prices will drop furthermore, everyone will have way cheaper sleep bonus and sleep powders price would significatively drop, maybe they'll get to be worth 20c each.
So, everytime you pay for 2 months of subscription with 16€, you would get 40c "back" instead of 2s. And nah, this isn't something i would trade for making fishing a better skill.

making a skill better can affect some players and some markets more than other, but it must be done in a toughtful way, without rushing things and evaluating all the possible changes something implies.

This is why something like "let's make everything better" sounds very rushed and also sounds a lot like "let's all become rich" and it's not something that can easily work, making changes must take time, evaluation and accuracy.

Edited by Davih

If living means here being able to use a skill to forsee in purchasing just resources, tools, imps and such, ok. But if the goal is to completly support your gameplay from start to end, then no. That is going to kill the game, because then noone has to buy premium or coins for deed upkeep and such. Then how is Code Club going to get money out of it to maintain, improve and expand the game?

Value of skill and trade can just increase by expanding the game. Papyrus making got more usefull for that instance in the cooking update. Expanding the game population works too, while in general that would not change the relations between supply and demand, the increase in population would mean the chance increases for a few to start making a "living" from fishing.

There are many recipes that require a certain fish from what I hear.  We can now store fish in the fsb.  Which means that it is now easier to sell fish.  This will help for both the people that sell affinity recipes and for the people that panfill.  2 markets that unless you fished close or something that were previously closed.