Sign in to follow this  
EvaDaly

DO NOT BUY FROM Mickaell or Echo

Hello, I am here to warn you not to buy from this person or his friend Echo. I put my trust, not knowing his rep, in my kingdom on chaos. He learned when the best time to do his deed was. He stole so much stuff from us. 5 to 6 hota statues, SMC, about 10 high casted COC and woa tools that I put in a LMC for kingdom to use and return that I won in an auction and so much more. 

I tell and beg you not to buy from him. 

He is a thief and all he sells is not his. He has stolen it. @Mickaell@Echo you  still have time to do good.

@Enki I would really like it if you came to my deed on Chaos and look at everything that was taken. Sheer Pandemonium is where it was all taken from.

Edited by EvaDaly
  • Like 7

I know he's trying to sell the SMC for 8s.  It's stolen and even at that price not worth the money.  It's also locked so he has no business selliing it anyway, and cannot mail it to you.

• Like 1

His in game name is Falgorn, not Mickaell, do not let him fool you like he did us.

• Like 2

To add to what Eva said, he killed a lot of our horses to get the gear off and looted the chests of other members who live in unsecured areas (Public motel). The damage to the kingdom was not purely monetary, but he killed our horses, severely limiting our ability to move. We are still tallying what all he stole, and I am sure much more will be revealed.

We brought this upon ourselves by trying to do good for a returning player. As soon as he joined, everyone rushed to his help and support. We set him up with gear, I gave him a free boat and we set him up with everything he could possibly could. This is how he repayed us.

Beware this person. He is a thief and a liar. Do not let this person into your confidence.

• Like 5

He was a sketchy person in BL when he played with us. Constantly taking small things here and there. We warned people about him once he joined WU etc. Pretty sure he still owns Chiry as well unless it was actually sold. Placebo that is

Edited by Pedro

hopefully enki is summoned, i hate people who do stuff like this and think its okay

1 hour ago, Niki said:

hopefully enki is summoned, i hate people who do stuff like this and think its okay

I don't feel Enki is needed in this situation. It is a sandbox game, unless he abused game mechanics to steal the items then yeah GM's should be involved. This doesn't mean I stand by what he did at all, but if he obtained these items without abusing bugs or an exploit he shouldn't be punished by the GM's. Like I said before it's a sandbox game so you can do whatever you like inside the official rules. 

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I don't feel Enki is needed in this situation. It is a sandbox game, unless he abused game mechanics to steal the items then yeah GM's should be involved. This doesn't mean I stand by what he did at all, but if he obtained these items without abusing bugs or an exploit he shouldn't be punished by the GM's. Like I said before it's a sandbox game so you can do whatever you like inside the official rules. 

I agree with Pedro. Even though it hurts we lost so much, including personal items, it was our own fault for trusting someone with deed permissions. Lesson learned. We share with the community in hopes no one else falls for his ruse. 

• Like 2

Hang on, isn't this a pvp server and therefore his actions 'fine'? Sure its a ###### move, but I thought this stuff was to be expected.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, cccdfern said:

Hang on, isn't this a pvp server and therefore his actions 'fine'? Sure its a ###### move, but I thought this stuff was to be expected.

Not really to be expected from people in your own kingdom. But, I'm not sure if it's against the rules. 
Someone should offer to buy items and just leave them in your mailbox until auto-returned just to mess with him. xP

Damn, how could I be so naive as to believe that the enemy has a red outline on mouseover? I'm sorry, all of you are correct; within the letter of the wurm laws, these two were 'allowed' to steal several hota statues, slaughter several geared horses to take the gear, steal an SMC and quite a bit of highly casted tools and weapons. Wait, it wasn't stealing, since it's 'all right'.

Obviously since it's a pvp server, absolutely no one you don't know in real life (and maybe some of those) are to be trusted and it's a dog eat dog world.  It's always the person that loses items in this sort of thing that is entirely at fault, not the person that faked being a new and/or returning player, even partly gained a bit of trust from a kingdom and proceeds to clean them out. Nah, it's not his fault, it's the spirit of PVP right?

No, it isn't.  Every time I see things like this happen and get blown off as "meh, their fault, perms issues, don't trust people, etc" it makes my faith in mankind shrivel just that little bit more.  And trust me, I've seen the full effects of mankind not liking one another, in a combat zone.  I love wurm for the unique way that the game gives me to play, and sometimes when I get complacent and enjoy the community of Wurm, another nasty snake rears its head up and does something asshattery, and gets complimented by the pvp crowd for a well played ruse.  

Granted, many of the other pvpers have agreed that it was a shit thing to do, but most likely to the non pvp side, they tend to lump us pvpers into one mob of nasty, toxic community. And in many ways they're right.  All you have to do is look at threads exactly like this one.

• Like 14

Updated with both forum names

Mickaell - in game name Falgorn

Echo - ingame name Placebo

15 minutes ago, Lisabet said:

Damn, how could I be so naive as to believe that the enemy has a red outline on mouseover? I'm sorry, all of you are correct; within the letter of the wurm laws, these two were 'allowed' to steal several hota statues, slaughter several geared horses to take the gear, steal an SMC and quite a bit of highly casted tools and weapons. Wait, it wasn't stealing, since it's 'all right'.

Obviously since it's a pvp server, absolutely no one you don't know in real life (and maybe some of those) are to be trusted and it's a dog eat dog world.  It's always the person that loses items in this sort of thing that is entirely at fault, not the person that faked being a new and/or returning player, even partly gained a bit of trust from a kingdom and proceeds to clean them out. Nah, it's not his fault, it's the spirit of PVP right?

No, it isn't.  Every time I see things like this happen and get blown off as "meh, their fault, perms issues, don't trust people, etc" it makes my faith in mankind shrivel just that little bit more.  And trust me, I've seen the full effects of mankind not liking one another, in a combat zone.  I love wurm for the unique way that the game gives me to play, and sometimes when I get complacent and enjoy the community of Wurm, another nasty snake rears its head up and does something asshattery, and gets complimented by the pvp crowd for a well played ruse.  

Granted, many of the other pvpers have agreed that it was a ###### thing to do, but most likely to the non pvp side, they tend to lump us pvpers into one mob of nasty, toxic community. And in many ways they're right.  All you have to do is look at threads exactly like this one.

When you give humanity a chance to hide behind a veil, humanity will do what it pleases or whatever it benefits them regardless of how it is seen by others. It takes a lot of morals for someone to not take advantage of somebody else, especially when you know you can get away with it. Maybe their motives were never to make friends.. or build an actual community at all. Obviously saying it's your fault does not soothe the problem at all or even gets anywhere near, and in a position where you're now, you just want to vent and get support from others that feel the same way about the subject. It is a hard lesson we all learn and go through multiple times in the real world and in the virtual world. 

What is most scary to me is.. regardless of how together in harmony we all become... there is always going to be a few looking to destroy what was created with love and care just because they can.

• Like 6

the rules should be changed to prevent internal kingdom theft then, the word 'sandbox' gets thrown around to much, whatever happen to people being decent to each other?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, EvaDaly said:

I put my trust, not knowing his rep, in my kingdom on chaos. He learned when the best time to do his deed was. He stole so much stuff from us. 5 to 6 hota statues, SMC, about 10 high casted COC and woa tools that I put in a LMC for kingdom to use and return that I won in an auction and so much more. 

on chaos... pvp... isn't stealing one of the main things to do in pvp?

5 hours ago, Lisabet said:

I know he's trying to sell the SMC for 8s.

I want it...

• Like 1

not inter kingdom stealing; and if you want it I want no business with you, sorry 

*edit* that does nothing more than encourage this type of behavior

Edited by Lisabet

Just be careful guys. Thief's always do same and same stuff all the time.

Wasn't he part of Wurm University, aka the group of players seemingly always on the fringe of hackings and stealing?

@Oreo

Legios, I both agree and disagree. Kind people, honourable people will remain as such, even in a game, regardless of game. People who aren't all too nice, whether just showing glimpses of it, afraid of retribution, or is it downright visiable, will be that or even worse in a game. But no person who is decent, will stop being so just because of a screen. 

I don't PvP, but inside jobs, I'd never class as OK. Unfortunately, this comes down to a lesson learnt. 

To you who were robbed: You have my deepest sympathy, I will personally have nothing to do with people of this low behaviour - but don't lose your faith in mankind. There are good and decent people around as well. :) Thankfully, most people aren't this dishonourable. It is just those who are that become louder, or causes people to raise their voices, that are shown more. But most people aren't this bad. :)

*hugs everyone* My heartfelt best! I wish I could return your stuff at you, but all I can do, and will do, is to have nothing to do with them. 

Warmest regards,

Gilwen Aistrinas

• Like 3

Sorry but this kind of behaviour is really bad for new players trying to get into kingdoms :/

Kingdoms will just stop trusting new players if this kind of behaviour becomes acceptable.

I'm all for looting and raiding in a pvp setting but pretending to be a new kingdom member and gaining their trust and respect just so you can rob them? That's not pvp. That's a really low and disgusting move all because the players involved don't have the balls to go out and fight panda on the field or raid them like the game intended.

• Like 8

I am impressed at the amount of support the Chaos community gave us. That was unexpected to say the least. Thank you guys for all the good intentions and your support. It further cements my argument that the Chaos people are a community worthy of envy. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Yiraia said:

on chaos... pvp... isn't stealing one of the main things to do in pvp?

I want it...

We will remember this.

Your rep just dropped to the ground.

• Like 9