Sign in to follow this  
Reylaark

Cannot mine floor next to reinforced floor

On my own deed, cannot mine far corner of floor tile if south of reinforced tile.

However, I could mine down the tile to the west without problem.

Highlighted tile to the SOUTH of the reinforced floor:

C9gqRJi.jpg

Tried mining down the far left corner of the highlighted tile:

[19:52:42] You can not mine next to reinforced floors.

Tried flatten:

[19:53:10] You can not flatten next to reinforced floors.

The paved tile is flat, so tried leveling:

[19:53:36] You can not level next to reinforced floors.

The three walls at the highlighted floor tile are : Rock, Iron, Zinc.   Left to right.

Highlighted tile to the WEST of the reinforced floor:

VKczu72.jpg

Same paved floor tile as above. 

I can mine the far corners of the highlighted tile just fine, no problem.

Walls around this highlighted tile are: Zinc, Zinc, Pottery Reinforced.  Left to right.

I did not test to the north or east.

I had posted this in another thread regarding a ceiling bug, but thought it might be better reported separately.  Feel free to delete with apologies if not.

Thanks!

I ran into this problem last week.  It seems if you aren't standing on the tile next to the reinforced floor, the action is allowed.

Stand on the blue tile and flatten, and you are able to reduce the slope between red and blue.  Stand on the red tile, and you are unable to perform the exact same action, because YOU (not the tile) are next to a reinforced floor.

Trying to level the ceiling adjacent to the building (only tile with a reinforced floor) I got the same message, never had this problem before, trying to raise the ceiling with scaffolding so I hope its understandable why I do not want to build scaffolding on every single tile. Also I was able to level the other 4 ceiling tiles adjacent to the building.

photo is facing south

VQ52VYJ.jpg

Edited by JakeRivers

48 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Trying to level the ceiling adjacent to the building (only tile with a reinforced floor) I got the same message, never had this problem before, trying to raise the ceiling with scaffolding so I hope its understandable why I do not want to build scaffolding on every single tile. Also I was able to level the other 4 ceiling tiles adjacent to the building.

Spoiler

photo is facing south

VQ52VYJ.jpg

I think what you're experiencing may be similar to this:

Unless of course it's the same bug causing both ceiling and floor problems.

The position (south, west, etc.) of the reinforced floor relative to what I was leveling made a difference with floors... not sure if that's the same for ceilings but it sounds like it.

I've run into this problem today. Like JakeRivers, I was trying to level a ceiling tile from an adjacent underground building, something I'd done many times in the past without issue whilst building my boat cave.

Here's the layout of the building ('X' = building tile, '-' = planned bridges; north = up): 

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

I specifically need to level ceilings above the '-' bridge corridors to make clearance for the bridges, but when I try I get '[12:10:26] You can not mine next to reinforced floors.'

This is a major problem for me, as it makes my building design impossible without ripping up a huge amount of work/mats I've already put in. I would have to carve out the three 'X' building tiles adjacent to each planned bridge, build a 1x1 scaffold in the central '-' tile of each planned bridge, mine upwards until enough clearance is achieved, and then destroy scaffolds and rebuild the removed 'X' tiles. 

Apart from this issue, I'm now unable to heighten the ceilings of my reinforced mine corridors. If I'd known this mechanic was going to change, I'd have waited before reinforcing them. (Just checked, now able to. *shrug*)

I'd love to know why the ability to mine ceilings above/next to reinforced floors was ever removed in the first place, and I'd love it even more if it was restored. 

Edited by Gwyn
added orientation and bridge labels

After re-reading the thread, I tested the issue more thoroughly. It turns out I can in fact level the ceilings at '-3', just not those at '-1' or '-2'.

Final Update:

After reinforcing the floors at '-1' or '-2' I was able to level the ceilings above them. This seems to have been the difference that had allowed me to level ceilings at '-3'.

Summing up, then, it looks like the issue is levelling ceilings from a tile with reinforced floor to a tile with non-reinforced floor. This seems in need of a fix.

• Like 2

this will be a problem to fix, cannot auto-level the overhang due to the `issue` and cannot widen the scaffolding longhouse due to the slope.
hZXu20e.jpg

..is it possible to mine a ceiling from atop a bridge?

Edited by Steveleeb
q

patch didn't fix - I'm making my issue its own thread.

Edited by Steveleeb