Sign in to follow this  
Griffith

easier to make transmutation liquid resource tiles

suggestion to please remove juice from transmutation liquid recipe to make

resource tiles. To prevent griefing give it a limit of 1 tile per week per character.

and to prevent griefing from a group, no limit timer on removal of tiles.

Juice                    Solid             Used on             Makes
0.05 kg Apple 0.5 kg Tin Sand Clay
0.05 kg Lemon 0.5 kg Charcoal Grass/Mycelium Peat
0.05 kg Cherry 1.0 kg Iron Steppe Tar
0.05 kg Lemon 1.0 kg Zinc Clay Dirt
0.05 kg Cherry 0.3 kg Moss Peat Dirt
0.05 kg Apple 1.0 kg Lead Tar Dirt

I'm not as familiar with WU as I used to be, but can't this simply be modded in?

Edited by drvst
typo

Let me point out that this is another suggestion that is more detailed on solving the problems that the suggestion itself would cause (and these solutions are bad too), than the suggestion itself.

There is no need to make them that much easier, and imposing unnecessary limitations (as if griefing by removing resources is not possible) would be terribad.

Edited by zigozag

i accept your -1

but, i added those restrictions because that to me was the only reason why they

added juice to begin with, to prevent griefing. So i added those to suggestion to

keep that "balance" it already has. But in fact its too difficult for new players to

wo and many not so new players, to get the necessary ingredients under the

current recipe. and i guess we can agree to disagree on if its too difficult or not,

obviously you dont think it is, and i think it is.

Why are you worried about griefing on your WU server? I'm confused. Don't you play WU?

:rolleyes:  why are you worried if im interested in adding qol to wo?

As for me i still have 2 characters in wo, some possessions, and more money in the

bank than probably half the population on average has. So i might one day come back

to wo ... Dont you all say you never really leave wo, you just take breaks?

And i lurk the forums as a bad habit i got from wo. play and surf, so thats what

i still do, i play wu and surf the web, including wo forums.

If you don't come back to WO you could always donate some of that money to the church of fo ;)

But in all seriousness, this is a nice QoL change that would make creating the perfect enclosed little kingdom much easier.  The thing is it is already much easier than when I did it (1 apple per tree, 0.1 juice per apple) and it provides a nice reason to keep orchards.  -1 from me on the simple grounds that it would still allow griefing (9 alts + tar patch = no more tar).

Why do we want the juice removed? It wasn't added to prevent griefing at all. Being able to place and remove tiles is a high end function, thus why it's a difficult action too

that was the only logical reasoning my little mind came up why that was added. so it seems i was wrong?

why then did they add juice, please tell.

why remove it?

1. it makes it too difficult for the average player to craft them.

2. its too iwogical to me that if i want clay i need to add lemon juice. its not a cooking recipe.

Maybe add more water or sand, but juice?

hmm edited post or i missed what you said. if its a high end function add skill check instead. But i wanted

to make it more newbie friendly. So skill check could be lowered if i got my way, which i doubt.

Edited by Griffith

Actually making those pots is easy enough, and needs just maybe a bit better nat sub, but the potion, wich is actually an alchemy thing (so more woowoo magic than anything reasonable), works even at very low ql, just needs a crapton of it for changing the tile.

Proposing a limit of how much tiles you can change for time, actually makes it easier to exploits with.. alts, obviously, so -1. Changing tiles is already a QoL thing wich is not at all necessarily for a lowly player.

4 hours ago, Griffith said:

:rolleyes:  why are you worried if im interested in adding qol to wo?

As for me i still have 2 characters in wo, some possessions, and more money in the

bank than probably half the population on average has. So i might one day come back

to wo ... Dont you all say you never really leave wo, you just take breaks?

And i lurk the forums as a bad habit i got from wo. play and surf, so thats what

i still do, i play wu and surf the web, including wo forums.

You didn't explain that. It took me poking you to give even a needlessly rude response. I was trying to get at what you wanted, because such changes can be modded into WU. In which case, you are posting on the wrong forum.

As for this coming into WO:

The current system seems to work very well to me.

PS: You attempting to establish your WO cred based on silver in your bank is cute. :)

Edited by drvst

well i apologize if i came through as rude. ill admit it happens to me a lot.

i told my brother in law to give us some space, when i was talking to his wife (my sister),

when a more proper expression would have been, can you give us a couple of minutes?

nuances in english still escape me, even though i type it very well, if i may say so myself.

From americans i learned to be very precise and to the point, and somewhat blunt. Maybe

ill need to unlearn some of that. See i did it again. maybe i need to relearn english but im getting

too old for that. 

on the other hand,  i think i have as equal "rights" to post as anyone else,

and mainly because yes i still have toons and silver in wo.

If im not allowed to post, let the mods tell me. you asked :P

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Griffith said:

well i apologize if i came through as rude. ill admit it happens to me a lot.

i told my brother in law to give us some space, when i was talking to his wife (my sister),

when a more proper expression would have been, can you give us a couple of minutes?

nuances in english still escape me, even though i type it very well, if i may say so myself.

From americans i learned to be very precise and to the point, and somewhat blunt. Maybe

ill need to unlearn some of that. See i did it again. maybe i need to relearn english but im getting

too old for that. 

on the other hand,  i think i have as equal "rights" to post as anyone else,

and mainly because yes i still have toons and silver in wo.

If im not allowed to post, let the mods tell me. you asked :P

Learn to speak like a Canadian. You'll rarely piss people off, though frequently annoy them, and find yourself saying sorry at the end of every second or third sentence. lol

• Like 1