Sign in to follow this  
Reylaark

Remove mining safeties

On 5/17/2018 at 5:12 AM, Jaz said:

The side shaft should not be a coding issue - as you can easily create that setup with collapsing a tile (where you end up with two blind tunnel parts where they only share a common corner).

I believe the trouble is when you're trying to mine the tile that would then result in this configuration. The game is trying to create a cave roof value and a cave floor value for a tile corner that already has them, but doesn't have another boundary corner with that same tile to work out slopes with (not that I'm a coder, this is speculation from my experience with mining). When you're collapsing a tile to create this configuration the game knows that corner has just the one floor and roof value. I do get really frustrated with tunnel collapses that result in this impasse though, because I know the tunnel works, because it used to be there >.<

I've seen what this issue looks like when I created a bugged tunnel entrance a few years ago. It was not pretty and was not fixable by a player who didn't have a shaker orb/priest with Strongwall plus a sculpting wand handy (and would have cost a LOT in charges...).

• Like 2

+1 I just spent a few months filling in some old mines under my deed. There were several places where the game just would not let me get to certain areas to fix them. I sadly had to leave them there. Since I am surface mining over this area I really hope I don't hit the error where I can't surface mine because of these places. 

4 hours ago, Lucyein said:

+1 let miners mine

Yeah! I don't mine mining but when I mine, especially when the mine is mine, then I really want to mine. So whether I mine up, down or even all around, really I do mine when I can't. If you know what I mean (and even if you don't). What tha heck!?!

=Ayes=

+1 the mechanic are silly and never made sense. Let the rock fall on me! So what!