Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

WSA: PvP ban and cave dwelling locks

WSA.png

WARNING: Due to an unexpected bug, all locks on CAVE HOUSES and CAVE GATES have vanished. Replacing them are the current recommended action while the issue is being sought out. Anyone caught taking anything they would not be able to before will be punished harshly. Secure your items!

Effective until further notice there is a Full PVP Ban in effect.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/137025-pvpraid-ban-directives/

*Recommendation – Replace your lost locks even while this situation is under investigation.

**Anyone caught taking items they would not have been able to before without needing to bash or lock pick their way in will be punished severely while this directive is active.

We thank you for your understanding and patience.

The Wurm team.

• Like 1

Devo try destroy PVP in Chaos, that why use Full PVP Ban in Weekend. I pay for this game so i want play here.

We all pay to play and no one likes losing their stuff because of bugs. If i had to pick between spending a weekend at home and having peoples things taken freely im happy to keep things fair. Dont forget that not everyone can be here instantly to relock their things and they too pay for this game.

• Like 4

Heheheh, that is lair. You block PvP in Chaos, so why exist PvP server if we cant play PvP? If i buy premium for this game, and cant play in this game so what i can do?

5 minutes ago, Hawkinson said:

Heheheh, that is lair. You block PvP in Chaos, so why exist PvP server if we cant play PvP? If i buy premium for this game, and cant play in this game so what i can do?

You can try obeying the rules of the game, which sometimes includes developer-directed pauses in the gameplay for the mutual benefit of everyone.  Don't forget, the developers have no personal interest in you keeping your stuff.  I would be thanking them.

• Like 1

Work on any of the 100 skills that you can do while you wait, no one pvps 24/7 and everyone can benefit from being a little stronger, patience is a virtue and serves the greater good rather than being self focused.

• Like 1

i dont PvP 24/7, i have time only in Suterday and Sunday, and you took it. If i want skill 100 i could go to Freedom or WU(for noobs).

• Like 2

[19:31:18] 5 minutes to shutdown.

Ussles Developers, again off. Plis learn about fix bugs.

The shutdown is to fix bugs and hopefully lift the pvp ban, it's a good thing! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hawkinson said:

Fixing bugs is precisely what I'm doing :)

Sorry for the interruption.

On the bright side, meditation timers and prayer timers are reset!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hawkinson said:

Hmm, just 24 posts. Me thinks you haven't played this game long enough to fully appreciate how gut-wrenching it is to realize all your ###### is suddenly unlocked. 
There will be PVP tomorrow. Settle down. 

EDIT: Why the 25 like limit? Can we bump that to 50? I will pay a small subscription for more liking power. xP

Edited by Matholameu
  • Like 1

Devs agree to lift the PvP ban and post the location of Hawk's settlement?

Thanks for working on the weekend to find a fix. :) 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Keenan said:

On the bright side, meditation timers and prayer timers are reset!

\o/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matholameu said:

Hmm, just 24 posts. Me thinks you haven't played this game long enough to fully appreciate how gut-wrenching it is to realize all your ###### is suddenly unlocked. 
There will be PVP tomorrow. Settle down. 

As a developer, that gut-wrenching feeling is even more pronounced. We've had people on this since we found out about it. Since we all come from the player base, we know what that feeling is like.

• Like 4

Just now, Keenan said:

As a developer, that gut-wrenching feeling is even more pronounced. We've had people on this since we found out about it. Since we all come from the player base, we know what that feeling is like.

I need more like button ability please. Didn't need to post another response. 

But - like. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hawkinson said:

I doubt you PvP that much.  Not like people go around Chaos and fight all day.  You see death tabs like once or twice a day.  Crusaders and DD most active and we don't even fight all weekend.

Sorry, but yuo dont know what that feeling is. You do nothing, so how you do know? In Chaos exist bugs not fixed years. So like i said, learn fix, then you can named Developer. If you done some for this game, then i agree you do good work, for now you are ussles. I dont have exp with programing, but im still be better than you.

I'd stay off pvp until english levels up a few times.. nothing like a few words to exchange with your fallen enemy.

Making them smile back at you.. does not have the same effect.:unsure:

Chill dude.. there's a problem, it's going to be fixed.. they are working on it... and it's smarter to have some offline time instead of letting people abuse something and than erasing/bringing old backup.. breaking even more things/trades/etc...

2 minutes ago, Hawkinson said:

Sorry, but yuo dont know what that feeling is. You do nothing, so how you do know? In Chaos exist bugs not fixed years. So like i said, learn fix, then you can named Developer. If you done some for this game, then i agree you do good work, for now you are ussles. I dont have exp with programing, but im still be better than you.

So what's your chaos character?  Would like to know all this pvp you do on weekends so I know to either be ready for you or if need to take a trip to your deed to fight because you never go off of it?

I bounce between nicedreams and creeperthemob on chaos so I do know the feeling.  Can't even go to volcano and look for boulders since pvp ban.  I mean if you with DD or crusaders or even panda then I'll give you more credit.

I cant PvP and i cant skill my weapon or skill my butcherin, or archery becouse i cant go to enemy teritory. Developer do nothink about this bug. So why i cloud love them or respect them? When they do somethink in dhis game i can like them and respect. For now, they are trolls, who try destroy weekend not only me, but all players in Chaos.

13 minutes ago, Hawkinson said:

I cant PvP and i cant skill my weapon or skill my butcherin, or archery becouse i cant go to enemy teritory. Developer do nothink about this bug. So why i cloud love them or respect them? When they do somethink in dhis game i can like them and respect. For now, they are trolls, who try destroy weekend not only me, but all players in Chaos.

Dude, your problem isn't the Dev team, your problem is you're a newb. You literally won't be able to kill anyone right now anyways. 
I'd say join a kingdom, but you just shot yourself in the foot for that probably. I don't like you, I'm TC(though certainly not a leader) and Dreams doesn't like you, he's DD, and any other kingdom reading these stupid posts probably won't want you either. Go skill up on Freedom for a while and come back when your attitude is fixed. 
I'm not against complaining to or about the devs, but I am against doing it for a stupid reason. Pick your battles. 

EDIT: I can sense this coming - ForumModerator: Please get this convo back on topic. 

2nd EDIT: Oooohhhhh, he's Ebo. Well there's your problem. :P 

Edited by Matholameu
  • Like 3

You don't skill your weapon by fighting people.  You skill by fighting creatures.  This is a PVP ban.  Not a creature hunting ban.  You at Ebo so just sail off the server and go hunting on Deli or somewhere else for now and get your skills up.

Don't talk crap about PvP if you don't even have the skill to PvP.

These developers found and fixing the issue and you say they doing nothing and have no respect for them?

My last reply....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hawkinson said:

I'm confused, because the hotfix will also resolve the PvP ban. If there's another bug preventing you from playing the game, please post it in the appropriate forum so we can investigate it. I do apologize if you feel I'm "trolling", but that is not my intention.

As for understanding, I spent over 3 years on Chaos with the Empire of Mol-Rehan. I know full well how frustrating a PvP ban is as well as how bugs can ruin the experience. It's unrealistic to assume every bug will be caught between test and live, but we will always work tirelessly to resolve them when they get through. Especially something as game-breaking as security being removed from structures.

Servers are back up now, and the GMs will be verifying the fix and addressing the ban soon.

Happy Wurming!

• Like 5

Just now, Keenan said:

I'm confused, because the hotfix will also resolve the PvP ban. If there's another bug preventing you from playing the game, please post it in the appropriate forum so we can investigate it. I do apologize if you feel I'm "trolling", but that is not my intention.

As for understanding, I spent over 3 years on Chaos with the Empire of Mol-Rehan. I know full well how frustrating a PvP ban is as well as how bugs can ruin the experience. It's unrealistic to assume every bug will be caught between test and live, but we will always work tirelessly to resolve them when they get through. Especially something as game-breaking as security being removed from structures.

Servers are back up now, and the GMs will be verifying the fix and addressing the ban soon.

Happy Wurming!

Thank you Keenan and the rest of the team.

If i wanted be in Freedom i dont go to Chaos, so if i want be in Chaos i want play in Chaos.