Sign in to follow this  
scottv

Long time returning player - tips

I played a long time ago and was wondering what will happen when I log in.  Will I be where I left my character?  Probable 2001-2002 was the last time I Logged in.

thanks!

• Like 1

Assuming your character still exists, he'll be sitting where you left him. 
If where you left him has been deeded over or something you may need help getting out. 
But anyways, I'd just log in and see. 

(If it's been thaaat long you may have some issues though. Been a ton of changes since then.)

It's been that long, I was premium but obviously didn't keep paying since then.  What about any money/item I have on me?  If I die will I lose it/them?

thanks!

What if I was in my deeded home.  Is it still deeded 

Not after that long! It's been 15 years! Your old deed is LONG gone, sorry to say.

If you had money or any items, you should still have them. Premium characters never get deleted, regardless of when their premium ran out.

Very curious to see if your character still exists, please post back with an update!

(Though I'm unsure how you played in 2001-2002 because development began in 2003, according to Wikipedia.)

At any rate, sounds like you were one of the very first players of this game, and if you can, I'd like to hear more about that! Any details would interest me! Please share!

I thought there was a Great Purge called Wurmageddon that wiped out all the character data from like...pre 2006?

• Like 2

If you paied premium you have played after june 2006. some one tripped over the cable in 2007. so if you have logged in since some where around summer 2007 you should be ok, Rolf had a bad sandwich and invited pvp on the home server so it was nuked and indepencence server was created. If you where on wild, in 2007 you probably still are.

• Like 2

Sorry I had the date wrong.  Sep 11, 2011.   Off by 10 years lol...   regardless my deed is gone?  I'll log in after kids go to bed.

If your deed had 6 years upkeep it will still be there, otherwise it's gone.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, scottv said:

Sorry I had the date wrong.  Sep 11, 2011.   Off by 10 years lol...   regardless my deed is gone?  I'll log in after kids go to bed.

Yeah dude, your deed is gone. But, all of your items should still be on you and any money in the bank will be there. 
Sadly any items in the bank will be gone. 

Please do let us know how it goes though. I'm curious. 

EDIT: And yeah, if you die you'll lose your items. But, if you're on PVE no one can take them. If you have Karma still Karma your body back or get a priest to locate soul and help you find it. If you're on PVP, I'd go through private channels to get a bit of assistance before logging in cause you could lose whatever you're carrying. 

2nd Edit: I'm the first person to like a post of yours on these forums. lol

Edited by Matholameu

1 hour ago, Matholameu said:

Yeah dude, your deed is gone. But, all of your items should still be on you and any money in the bank will be there. 
Sadly any items in the bank will be gone. 

Y?

RNG decay.. or if his deed have dropped.. banked items vanish with it?

Still seems weird.. if bank keeps silver safe and not the items:huh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

Y?

RNG decay.. or if his deed have dropped.. banked items vanish with it?

Still seems weird.. if bank keeps silver safe and not the items:huh:

Bank keeps silver, but you need to transfer to a new token once your deed or the deed your bank was in drops. 
Any items in your bank during transfer disappear because they're held there specifically whereas the silver is kinda held "in the clouds".

Edited by Matholameu
  • Like 1

No, items in your bank will not disappear in the move of your bank location... "Opening a bank" simply opens a portal of sorts to your bank storage on that server; in short, the items inside your bank are not tied to that deed's token, they are tied to the server only. If the deed disbands just "open" up your bank at a new token and your items will be there. If you go to another server you get a whole new storage for that server, so at 5 items per server, you'd essentially get a capacity of 60 items across all the servers in Wurm.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shrimpiie said:

No, items in your bank will not disappear in the move of your bank location... "Opening a bank" simply opens a portal of sorts to your bank storage on that server; in short, the items inside your bank are not tied to that deed's token, they are tied to the server only. If the deed disbands just "open" up your bank at a new token and your items will be there. If you go to another server you get a whole new storage for that server, so at 5 items per server, you'd essentially get a capacity of 60 items across all the servers in Wurm.

Wish that was the case for just 1 token instead ;)

Anyway, thanks @Shrimpiie

15 hours ago, Shrimpiie said:

My bad. I coulda swore when I switched banks it said any items in there would disappear. 

EDIT: Also, what happened @scottv?

Edited by Matholameu