header.png

Hi everyone!
A big update today with underground bridges coming to Wurm! Underground housing was released just over a year ago, and it's come a huge way since then, with paving, new reinforcing, and now the bridges, what could be next? who knows...

But first...

Patch Notes

Spoiler

PatchNotes.png

Bridges 2.0

• Bridges can now be planned and built inside caves.
  • Pottery, slate, rendered, sandstone and rounded stone bridges can now be built.
  • Minimum height from water level has been reduced to 1 dirt above water.
  • You can now pave bridges to match your roads by preparing them with mortar then paving them as you would a normal surface tile.
    • This does not apply to rope or wooden bridges

Other changes and additions:

• The weight of an almanac has been reduced to .25 weight empty
  • Cooking times have been tweaked so that they are a bit faster than the previous patch.  Lag will be monitored with this setting.
  • When shearing sheep, the wool will now go directly into inventory instead of on the ground.
  • Spawn of Uttacha will now have more unique combat features on the Epic cluster.

Client Changes:

• New combat log will colour code messages according to your relationship with the subjects.
  • The colours may be set by using the text colour options in the client settings.
  • (Unstable)New player texture compression has been added to improve performance in large gatherings.

Bug Fixes:

• Bugfix:  Fixed the issue with not being able to improve metal mine doors when lump quality and skill should have allowed improvement.
  • Bugfix:  You can now dig near pavement without having to remove and replace it again.
  • Bugfix:  Restricted prospecting on reinforced floors.
  • Bugfix: You should no longer be able to surface mine next to bridge entrances/exits.
  • Bugfix: Contents from decayed Easter Eggs will have the same last owner as the egg itself.
  • Bugfix: Disembarking on a bridge should no longer make you stuck.
  • Bugfix:  Erupt ability should again work on sandstone and other veins.

Creature features
So this week saw the devblog of Buddas touching on how the current mob AI works, as well as some plans to improve on that and hopefully see some better spreading of creatures across the servers. There'll be a bit of testing on the test server, then we'll move to one of the smaller servers, both to test that the system works in spreading out creatures as well as doesn't impact performance. It's an exciting change to come, so I'm keen to see how it plays out!

Midsummers in Xanadu
Hinted last week we'll be having a midsummer's event on Xanadu! The reason we chose Xanadu is because this event will run around a central location accessed from all starter deeds (much like the labyrinth). You won't need to bring a horse or travel, and since we'll have a special event only reward, people from Epic will be able to request a transfer ot the reward from Freedom to Epic! 

The event will start on Saturday the 24th of June at 16:00 server time (UTC+1) and will open from all starter deeds!

WU beta delay
Once we were sure that cave bridges would be coming out in this update we made the decision to delay the beta in time for this release, ensuring that the next beta will have lots more in it! I know it can be frustrating waiting for it to hit WU, but I can definitely say it's worth the wait.

Player texture performance improvements
This update also sees some improvements to player textures, meaning better performance in crowded areas such a PvP, events, and unique fights. We'll continue to monitor events like these to identify areas we can improve.

Cooking poll
This week saw a poll launched to follow up on rarity of ingredients, tools, and cookers affecting the resulting affinity of a meal. The poll is having some issues running on Xanadu, but you can cross servers to place a vote in if you still need to vote you can!

We'll have the results of that poll in next weeks news.

Community Content
We talked about this last week, but it's here! The Factional Fight brothers are back with an awesome showcase of Linton. It's an amazing starter deed and they really put a lot of work into it, so you'll have to forgive me for milking it. 
Check out the video here in our brand new Showtime theatre, where you can share videos for both Wurm Online and Wurm Unlimited! If you have a video you'd like to have moved from from the artists bench please just report the post and our friendly mods will move it!

That's it from us this week, I know you'll all be busy building, so keep on wurming!
Retrograde & the Wurm team.

• Like 18

Please update player avatars models first before anything else...we deserve that...game deserves it....we are to boxy

No word on magic so far ^_^

The creature ai was a very interesting read through!

"The event will start on Saturday the 24th of June at 16:00 server time"

The event is on my birthday, woot!

• Like 3

dl7PVyp.jpg
lovely, ty

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 6

Will the Midsummer event affect the labyrinth in some way?

I have a toon in there atm.

Can wait for the updates, always appreciated when they work versus being rushed to meet a promised date. :) Keep up the great work all!

That is lame, xanadu one of the power houses when it comes to playerbase, has an issue with the polling system.. I don't think many people will go to another server to cast their vote, the whole poll should be postponed until this get fixed to deliver an even ground for all the players in the server, did you guys even consider those without boat access? they probably don't matter I guess.. even though those are the players we want to retain.

• Like 7

(Unstable)New player texture compression has been added to improve performance in large gatherings.

Nice one!

Also, thank you for the new bridges!  I've been stalled on my new building project, waiting for these new bridges :)

• Like 1

oh my god, that is Linton?! What a change.

Wow, nice job!!!

17 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

Unstable)New player texture compression has been added to improve performance in large gatherings.

alts crashed using the unstable with 60 in local, stable worked fine

6 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

alts crashed using the unstable with 60 in local, stable worked fine

Well poo. 

On 6/16/2017 at 0:26 PM, Retrograde said:

Cooking poll
This week saw a poll launched to follow up on rarity of ingredients, tools, and cookers affecting the resulting affinity of a meal. The poll is having some issues running on Xanadu, but you can cross servers to place a vote in if you still need to vote you can!

We'll have the results of that poll in next weeks news.

Does this mean Xanadu peoples opinion will not be listened to? a large portion live here and we have a different mindset than the other wurm players i believe.

5 hours ago, Killroth said:

Does this mean Xanadu peoples opinion will not be listened to? a large portion live here and we have a different mindset than the other wurm players i believe.

a replacement poll was opened for Xanadu and will be added to the existing poll

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Thank you.

• Like 2

On 6/18/2017 at 7:35 PM, Retrograde said:

Thanks Retro is dont see a new poll is it already gone?