Sign in to follow this  
Odynn

A small bit of forest replanting.

2 hours ago, armyskin said:

The last thing I am concerned about is how anyone else feels about what I do on or off deed. If it's off deed it's fair game. Don't like then destroy it. It's what I have done for five years now. No sense in asking permission for something in a game where everything is editable.

Seriously really? You sound bored or you must really not like OP. Or is forum trolling and freedom greifing what old ex MR players do now for fun? Freedom has different ideology and rules that need to be respected.

Recently I got into a big argument with a neighbor because they didn't like my project I am doing with a friend it got to the point where the arch GM was summoned over a misunderstanding! Things escalate and it's not always a good thing, sandbox or not.

Shame to see a helpful thread turn into a cesspool like this.

• Like 4

Well, cased close seems like not only turning the area into a wasteland is enough, now its a deeded wasteland.

Jun 14, 2017 11:56:24 PM  Trytyn founded West Solitude

And right where the trees replanting was supposed to be :

[00:44:38] This is within the village of West Solitude.

So another deed dropped by the person who destroyed the place for who know what purpose... obviously not making the area a free hunt one. Nor protect the oaks trees in his perimeter like he pretended in the past.

And yes, this whole thing only show what Wurm is becoming... whoever with the biggest wallet will own the server, prevent any spawns in an area (cause nothing spawns on deed) and permanently change a server face, its community and drive people away.

Soon to be Bullying Online.

2 hours ago, Cecci said:

And I quote Enki:

Being neighborly!

From time to time we end up looking into area disputes on the Freedom cluster.  The disputes range from highway changes, new roads, canals, tree cutting, etc.  This is partially why we have the “Play Nice or we will rip your heart out” rule, as it allows us to mediate any serious issues, but at the base of all of them is usually a lack of communication.  While we respect your privilege to do work within a certain range of your deeded areas, we expect for you to cooperate and communicate with your nearby neighbors as best as possible so that you can adjust or adapt to their plans and needs, and they vice versa.  Even if it takes you awhile to get into contact with your neighbors, you should always be neighborly and give them a heads up to any projects you are working on that may affect their time and enjoyment.  Projects such as road changes, terrain changes, fences, etc.  Anything that will affect land near them or access near them should be discussed.  Not only does such communication make the social environment much better, it will improve interaction and teamwork on large projects, but most importantly it will avoid creating a situation that needs a moderator to get involved in.

Please keep these tips in mind when you are working near others on the Freedom Cluster.  We hate having to ban people just because they are being jerks…. Oh wait…  well… at least you would likely not enjoy being considered a disruptive jerk and getting banned, because trust me, we do enjoy banning disruptive jerks!

So Enki, when is enough enough, when do you step in and stop him from griefing Deli.

You have spoken to him about his actions and behaviour and playing nice with others around him and he just keeps getting worse and taking it farther.

When do you stop this?

I would like to clarify an item of interest in this rather heated exchange.  A couple of people in this thread are intentionally misinterpreting an issue recently handed down in this area.  To clarify for the public, one player was planting oak trees in rows over an extended distance which ended up infringing on areas near other players in the area.  Some tried to work on their area the way they wanted it only to have their work continually removed and re-oaked.  In order to alleviate the problem I stepped in and asked the player about their oak tree project and then asked them to limit it to 20 tiles from their deed area.  It was a large scale project affecting residents of the deed.  It was a cause of grief and while we dislike it, we hoped it would help him get along better with his neighbors.  It was a ruling we would impose on any large scale project in similar circumstances or grief, but it does not mean you cannot modify terrain that is free and clear away from deeds.

Now then, it seems fairly clear that the matter on Deliverance is only degenerating and since I have an 'understanding' about how to handle these impasses, perhaps it is time for more "permanent" measures to be taken against the 'problem'.

/Enki (Head Game Master)

So someone planted a deed where Odynn wanted to play in the wilds and that is a problem?

I think you are setting a bad precedent when you threaten to ban players over the planting of trees off-deed.  I believe the correct GM response to this is to promote the generation of revenue for the game and encourage players to deed the places they want to alter if they cant agree with others on off-deed spaces.  Deed it or lose it is a much more fair way of resolving these types of issues.

How do you handle disputes when player A whines that someone clearcut an area near their deed and Player B says they did it for the valrei mission to cut down a tree there?  Are you going to ban them too?

Edited by madnezz

@Jakerivers ... No.

@ madnezz ... Do not twist my words...  though to be fair in trying not to divulge anything to sensitive I may have been a little 'too' cryptic about matters you clearly do not have direct knowledge of.

I am merely asking for a clarification in order to illuminate the slippery slope you will create with such arbitrary rulings.  Changing the area to a GM zone is not an ideal resolution either because where does that end, will you solve every argument with making the area out of bounds?  That is impractical, easily abused, and not sustainable long term.  There are always going to be land disputes, its human nature.  

You have a solution that you created when you changed the rules on off-deed enclosures, deed it or lose it, it's much simpler and leaves little room for interpretation.

Edited by madnezz

It has been said that this all started with a mission to cut down an oak in Quasiwuds perimeter, his revenge hits us all.

We have not even mentioned in this topic the ugly rift in the landscape he creates/surfacemines for a "canal", it will be a few 100 sloped I belive.

I'd have preffered a tunnel.

It has been going on for 5 months, over an oak in perimeter, the tantrums got silly long time ago.

Personally I have tried to be a nice neighbour and I and Quasi have not discussed this matter, we have worked on altering a hwy together and all went just fine.

He always says hello to me also.

I have hoped he'd calm down, but evidently he hasn't.

Unfortunatelly I have been busy on Xanadu for months else I think I could have had some impact in calming the situation.

All these MR people answering prolly only got Quasiwuds and Kriets side told to them.

Since we have kept this conflict mainly out of forums (except the canal topic), and Enki also didn't state in his topic who this was aimed at,

it is hard to know the underlying facts, or extent of the oak plantation, for you bystanders.

Edited by Cecci

Wait is Madnezz and mr freedom involved in another griefing issue ? If so doesn't surprise me. considering the number of MR freedom player commenting on this thread seems like safe assumption they are involved.

10 hours ago, Odynn said:

And yes, this whole thing only show what Wurm is becoming... whoever with the biggest wallet will own the server, prevent any spawns in an area (cause nothing spawns on deed) and permanently change a server face, its community and drive people away.

Tfw you can afford another 5s a month (because it's actually next to no cost that you can afford begging at your local train station and not a candidate for having the biggest wallet in the game) and decide to lord your wasteland over everyone in the area. 

Deed it or lose it.

If land is not part of your deed it is free game-people can do what they want to-but only up to a point

It is common courtesy to talk to your neighbors about changes around their deed

While I dont know the specifics about this situation, when it comes down to one party cutting down trees and replanting,then the second party goes behind them and changes it and the cycle keeps repeating, then both parties are griefing each other.

I get the same thing going on  my school bus-except its arguments of 8 year olds!

If you dont have nice things to say to each other-then dont say anything:)

Please listen to Enki and play nice:)

Nuff said:)

15 hours ago, Niki said:

Seriously really? You sound bored or you must really not like OP. Or is forum trolling and freedom greifing what old ex MR players do now for fun? Freedom has different ideology and rules that need to be respected.

Recently I got into a big argument with a neighbor because they didn't like my project I am doing with a friend it got to the point where the arch GM was summoned over a misunderstanding! Things escalate and it's not always a good thing, sandbox or not.

Shame to see a helpful thread turn into a cesspool like this.

Actually this is the most confusing thing for other players to understand. I do not care what other players do on or off deed at all. I find it very amusing that there is such a large number of players who do care. Your play style has no affect on me whatsoever. If I don't like something and it is off deed then away it goes. If this game ever gets to the point of not being a sandbox then at that point I will be wrong.

• Like 1

Let me clarify the tree cutting part,

First person had trees all around their area that they were happy with and had no plans to clear cut them, second person clear cut them and replanted and continued to go farther, first person went to second person and asked them to stop because it was getting out of hand and almost everyone in the area was being affected now and not impressed by it, second person ignored that request and took it even farther, first person instead of cutting down second persons trees spoke to Wurm support to get help, Wurm support spoke to second person, second person ignored what was said to them and continued doing more, first person went back to Wurm support for help, Wurm support spoke to second person again and gave them a limit as to how much of Deli they were allowed to replant and gave first person permission to replant the original trees in the area that they cared about and they started to, second person cut them down and replanted again, first person went back to Wurm support, "rinse repeat" but the second person is now doing more then just cutting and replanting trees and it really does need to stop, most of the people living in the affected area are not happy and not impressed with what the second person is doing to their whole area.

I don't know about the oak tree mission in the second persons perimeters and if that is part of what gave them the idea to do what they are doing, thank god the rest of us have never taken it here.

Behind the scenes is the fact that the second person holds a grudge for the first person because of previous disagreements so this all has just been their way of, "getting back at the first person", for lack of a better way to say it.

This is not an example of how to all get along in the sandbox.

It really does need to stop.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Egard said:

Wait is Madnezz and mr freedom involved in another griefing issue ? If so doesn't surprise me. considering the number of MR freedom player commenting on this thread seems like safe assumption they are involved.

That was your pile of crap tunnel on xanadooz? That ran from one disbanded deed to another disbanded deed?

4 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Tfw you can afford another 5s a month (because it's actually next to no cost that you can afford begging at your local train station and not a candidate for having the biggest wallet in the game) and decide to lord your wasteland over everyone in the area. 

Deed it or lose it.

Seeing that you have read and replied to that post, you should then know that if you deed an area, you prevent spawns in it. Disrupting spawns server wide is not and never been my intent, so it's not a matter of paying (which no one should have to because someone decide to grief them, we have rules for that) it's a matter of following said rules, freedom code of conducts and whatever fair play you can do.

This area have two side. One fully planted with oaks near that person deed and one void of trees, every regrowing ones being cut again by said person, I was merely trying to replant the trees in the area empty of them in my nearby local (because not only the area was clearcutted and the trees rotted away, but now that player cut the others trees for his crates need, not the oaks mind you, all the others trees, spreading the damages even farther).

So not only the locals were annoyed and tried to repair the area, had the green light from the GMs to do so, the BS kept going on, with players even leaving thanks to that, the post here was to make the replanting official and inline with the large area advices directive, but no instead it appears that everyone not being on Deliverance or in local have a word in it.

Perimeter doesn't stop spawns and if its deeded they'll spawn elsewhere in the area, servers have a number of hostile and non-hostile creature spawns so if its under a certain number it'll keep putting out numbers till it does.

1-up him, plant nothing but oaks and willows, clearcut everything but the oaks then sand over the area. Hell just 300 dirt wall in the middle so you can't see each other since you obviously can't communicate with him. Him cutting down a bunch of trees that arent deeded isn't preventing you from playing and from his perspective a tree-less land may look better.

8 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Perimeter doesn't stop spawns and if its deeded they'll spawn elsewhere in the area, servers have a number of hostile and non-hostile creature spawns so if its under a certain number it'll keep putting out numbers till it does.

On 14/06/2017 at 4:56 PM, DevBlog said:

creaturedeeds.png
How areas around some deeds may look. Happy hunting to those that recognise their deed.

*cough*

9 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

1-up him, plant nothing but oaks and willows, clearcut everything but the oaks then sand over the area. Hell just 300 dirt wall in the middle so you can't see each other since you obviously can't communicate with him. Him cutting down a bunch of trees that arent deeded isn't preventing you from playing and from his perspective a tree-less land may look better.

And that would clearly be griefing... the exact opposite of what i'm trying to achieve... so sorry but no. Unlike him i'm a level-headed player and won't escalate that insanity. I did not take any actions against that player and always played by the rules and freedom code of conduct while trying to talk with him and find a way to make things works. It obviously didn't, so now the case is once again in the hands of the GMs.

• Like 3

Orange on the right has red monsters touching it so they're right on the edge of the deed inside the perimeter. That's not spawns either that's a picture of npcs on a map (Happy hunting to those that recognise their deed.), if someone is online in the deed and the creatures are near the deed they'll aggro eventually and go after the player and die, removing hostile npcs from close proxy to deeds. Notice how on empty map all the dots are really far away and on deed map they're all in npc packed areas? almost like 

38 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

if its deeded they'll spawn elsewhere in the area

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

27 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

That's not spawns either that's a picture of npcs on a map

ain't npc, but mobs, hard to call critters non playable characters, right? and it's the map showing how deeds screw up local mobs distribution. And no, if it's deeded, they won't spawn in the area, they will spawn somewhere else on the server, leading to areas with massive mobs spawns and empty ones, just like @Budda explained in his thread.

So not only you are derailing that one, but you also prove that you have no knowledge of what you are talking about.

At this point, can a FM lock this thread since the main goal is gone and it's now a drama feast.

Action should probably be taken, sandbox or not you shouldn't have the right to change the entire forest of a server, especially if it's making other residents annoyed.

eea66807d3962f0c636672f2f967645c.jpg

Edited by Niki
  • Like 2