Sign in to follow this  
moogien

Oh no i got killed, mission to reclaim lost skills, suggestion.

lest say you get killed by a creature ,  losing skills, sadly.

why not have a mission that gives you a chance to get the skills back.

You have to kill X amount of that creature that killed you as a revenge , within a set time.

Also if killed by suicide / drowning / falling off a cliff chooses a random mission from thjat creature pool that you have to do.

If the mission is accomplished skills is set back.

Shouldn't be easy  though but give a decent chance.

• Like 3

Interesting idea - not bad at all. Let's think about it.

+1

Sounds ok to me, would save a lot of frustration but not eliminate the penalty for dying  :) +1

There have been suggestions about how horrible skill loss can be for someone at 100, or 99.99999.  This would be a great way to address that loss.  Low skills, the loss is nothing really, but for all the high skills, this is fantastic.  One thing to consider is what happens in a mass death scenario, like rifts and boss hunts (or pvp).  Have to make sure missions aren't overlapping.  Don't want 20 people leaving the rift, all looking for the same critter.

Or this: "killed by the venerable greenish dragon?  Mission: kill 10 venerable greenish dragons in 60 minutes to recover lost skills".

But kidding aside, this is a +1

• Like 1

i died recently, lost 0.025 of my 99.9 digging due to an on deed death, but would i be able to kill chairs for going bugged and killing me as a result?

i mean its not too bad for newbies, yet for people where it would really matter due to their high skills its unlikely to ever encounter a scenario like this. because what could even kill you?

so one more nerf to meditation knowledge path? you think it wasnt nerfed enough moogien?

Edited by Tpikol
  • Like 4

~0

I have no skill loss, aside from Fighting... and depending how your mission is implemented, I will regain that fighting before I finish it...

I'm not sure, in at least my specific case, it benefits everyone.

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

~0

I have no skill loss, aside from Fighting... and depending how your mission is implemented, I will regain that fighting before I finish it...

I'm not sure, in at least my specific case, it benefits everyone.

True.... pok is already eliminating most of the skill loss

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnn said:

True.... pok is already eliminating most of the skill loss

Indeed, so for PoK players we're already a leg up.  I like the idea but if it's applied to everyone, I'm not sure how equal or balanced it'd be.  I guess it'd have to only give us the skills lost, so PoK players would only regain Fighting, nothing more.  But that, for PoK players, just doesn't seem worth it somehow.  I dunno, maybe just me.

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 1

I don't like how it overlaps (and partially negates) rank 9 PoK.

Maybe double the skill bonus you get? So instead of x3 you get x6 for relearning the lost skill?

25 minutes ago, Tpikol said:

so one more nerf to meditation knowledge path? you think it wasnt nerfed enough moogien?

6 minutes ago, Hailene said:

I don't like how it overlaps (and partially negates) rank 9 PoK.

Maybe double the skill bonus you get? So instead of x3 you get x6 for relearning the lost skill?

Would it be that bad to PoK ? 

My self is not PoK , my alt is though.

You think its better leave as is ?

It does.. makes it pointless to have pok if you have easy way to get all skill back..

It's something that even pok with all the months that it requires to grind to get it does not provide.:unsure:

Edited by Finnn
borked a line..

7 minutes ago, Finnn said:

It does.. makes it pointless to have pok if you have easy way to get all skill back..

It's something that even pok with all the months that it requires to grind to get it.:unsure:

Shouldnt't be easy , but give a chance.

However seems this idea nerfs PoK , and might not work good, unless better ideas comes up.

nvm

Edited by Arium

It's like saying that magranon and nacho follower/priest's ability to keep items on death is pointless when there are trader items doing the same..

Pointless? 

It's a perk for picking that faith/path/etc...

they should just remove losing skills upon death it's a really old system that no one uses anymore. replace it with durability loss on gear maybe. change the PoK perk into somthing else.

2 minutes ago, Finnn said:

It's like saying that magranon and nacho follower/priest's ability to keep items on death is pointless when there are trader items doing the same..

Pointless? 

It's a perk for picking that faith/path/etc...

yeah i came to the same conclusion a minute after i typed it and removed it since.

11 minutes ago, Niki said:

they should just remove losing skills upon death it's a really old system that no one uses anymore. replace it with durability loss on gear maybe. change the PoK perk into somthing else.

dont worry,looking at how everything its going im sure soon theyll change it so you gain skills when you die instead.

^ please no for PvP servers. Very very bad idea.  Rewards only hunters. Can be easily abused to increase ganking and alt spam more.