Sign in to follow this  
Kurson

Make personal goals possible

A day goes buy and this goes unfixed, unacceptable! :P

So after seeing this thread this morning, I took a look at mine when I logged in.  I haven't looked at that list since I first started playing, and now I remember why.

Become a planeswalker?  I had to ask a friend what the h*** is a planeswalker.  I have a couple other gems, all related to pvp, like 'drain a settlement token.'  Right, like that's ever gonna happen.  lol.

+1 to giving this feature some love. Not like we have to finish them but it would be kinda cool.  :)

Let's start with something easy, give us the ability to wear a bracelet for the personal goal that says wear a bracelet, necklace, and ring at the same time.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Amadee said:

drain a settlement token

that one is actually easier than it seems ;)

• Like 1

Well now im reading the code and it looks like it might be possible to get diabolist... wouldnt it work with 4 black sorcery items? anyway bump cause man these goals are epic. in a bad way

11 minutes ago, Kurson said:

Well now im reading the code and it looks like it might be possible to get diabolist... wouldnt it work with 4 black sorcery items? anyway bump cause man these goals are epic. in a bad way

Diabolist requires 4 titles total, the majority being black.

Thus you would need exactly 2 black, 1 red, and one "other".

Diabolist = black tome of magiclibram of the nightwhite cherryuttacha slime

This is only one configuration. There are others. :)

If you have 2 black, it'll give you a title, so you might need to go black-red-black-any, best to test on unlimited first

13 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

If you have 2 black, it'll give you a title, so you might need to go black-red-black-any, best to test on unlimited first

If you read on in that thread you'll see that it is impossible to get Diabolist. If you use two or three or four black items then you get a special title (not Diabolist), and if you just use one black item you can't have a majority black (because then you just get the title of that item).

I just checked WU code and this code hasn't been updated and there are no new black sorcery items, so it is still impossible.

But this is all somewhat moot, as most players agree sorcery titles have no place in personal goals.

Edited by thorgot
  • Like 2

yea even if this is doable it would just be 'grats u paid 400 dollars u won the game' kinda thing. literally pay to win?

+1

Allow us to gear our goals towards our game experience.  Why on earth would I like to defeat another player with a knife, and why would I want to become an archmage when I really want the Necromancer title?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

+1

Allow us to gear our goals towards our game experience.  Why on earth would I like to defeat another player with a knife, and why would I want to become an archmage when I really want the Necromancer title?

Being given an option to roll new goals would be interesting.

"Give me 3 crafting goals, 2 combat and 1 PvP" That way they are truly personal. If someone doesn't like combat or PvP, they can choose all crafting. If they're a PvPer...all PvP etc.

• Like 1

I like the idea of cluster split but not pvp/pve split or valrei creature kill split. I think it should only be cluster split.

+1

Yes exactly how in the world am I gonna do epic stuff

Not gonna lie, was too tired to read all the posts. 
But, don't you get a tome for completing all personal goals? If so, seems the difficulty is warranted. 

29 minutes ago, Matholameu said:

Not gonna lie, was too tired to read all the posts. 
But, don't you get a tome for completing all personal goals? If so, seems the difficulty is warranted. 

The point of the original post is that it is literally impossible to complete many of them, not just difficult. While many have suggested removing the really difficult and annoying ones, it's the ones that cannot be completed on the Freedom Cluster that are the real problem.

27 minutes ago, Aeryck said:

The point of the original post is that it is literally impossible to complete many of them, not just difficult. While many have suggested removing the really difficult and annoying ones, it's the ones that cannot be completed on the Freedom Cluster that are the real problem.

Ahh. Thanks for answering. And they're not impossible, come to Chaos. :P (I'm just kidding, relax everyone.)

Edited by Matholameu

Freedom cluster includes Chaos ;) We'll be coming all right, to form our own Freebear kingdom so we can complete our goals :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aeryck said:

Freedom cluster includes Chaos ;) We'll be coming all right, to form our own Freebear kingdom so we can complete our goals :) 

Go deed in NW. No one ever goes there anyways unless on random adventure. lol