Sign in to follow this  
Steveleeb

implemented

My suggestion:
A GM qualifies a deed with a heritage status and upkeep, becomes permanent. 
Time is energy. so i would still have to commit this valuable resource.
Making it perma-upkeep would.. make it more of an actual responsibility rather than a sacrifice. 
alas, i have little money but plenty of love.

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 1

Absolutely. But of course, nobody should live there, apart from using occasional inns or something like that.

edit: I would also add all "lighthouse deeds" on ends of all heritage tunnels. Nobody should pay for keeping them up.

Edited by zigozag
  • Like 2

Deed disbands it needs to rot away into history.

Also how would anyone loot the sucker if it becomes heritage!

Also if a deed has a absent mayor, is there really any point in staying in it? Best to move out and let it go, or keep pumping your silver into it in hopes the owner returns one day.

On 10/06/2017 at 10:17 PM, JakeRivers said:

Deed disbands it needs to rot away into history.

Also how would anyone loot the sucker if it becomes heritage!

Also if a deed has a absent mayor, is there really any point in staying in it? Best to move out and let it go, or keep pumping your silver into it in hopes the owner returns one day.

1: yeah
2: stfu
3: yeah, general rule. this is why i've been hesitant to suggest such a thing, still , some deeds are worth remembering

I've been convinced to loose my poison toward resellers, Evilspot is to blame for the ransacking of HD when it fell, no one else.
the fool told ppl that cared, that it was secured, which gave scavengers, more presence when the time came.
I've been convinced that most of the loot went into the community and funding codeclub.
still. if a GM tells me i can't alter the lettering on the highway, then the same respect need be given to the parent deed.
I have transformed the landscape. it took a long time. 

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 1

People stop playing their deed disband and free up for other to play, not more permanency, heritage already a bad idea imo. The current players should always have control over game world not someone played years ago none remember anymore.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Steveleeb said:

2: stfu

No you with your lame idea to cover the landscape in abandoned deeds that no longer serve a purpose, pay the upkeep or watch the buildings rot.

Abandoned deeds need to rot away, especially true if its a nice location someone else may want to build at.

Edited by JakeRivers

Didn't the original guy get banned at HD? I might be misinformed from bad gossip though.. I've always been a fan of one of the buildings at the original site. You can make it out in the background, this is a old picture.

854086263e3cf2299026bd273bb44088.png

I remember his buildings in disrepair at the time. Never fully understood what happen.

To your suggestion, it would be interesting to have community heritage deeds, if all the loop holes were closed.

yes niki you are quite right.

Edited by Steveleeb

the behavior of some makes me wonder why we still bother with a game where leaving a mark on it matters... just as a nation is nothing without history, wurm is nothing without its root.

We have the starter towns designed to be starter towns, but they never had the shine of some of the deeds perfectly handcrafted that makes wurm and some servers unique.

Wouldn't the first impalong location be worth keeping around as a memento, or some of the uneven houses which are slowly disappearing, or event locations. You can add to that the needed due to lack of proper rulling cave canals markers and odd water ways.

• Like 1

This being a sandbox where everything can change/be changed, I'm reluctant to make anything "heritage", unless it is a tunnel/canal that took ages to create and provides a much needed pathway for people.  Huge QoL benefit there.  Deed is pretty, yeah.  If people want to save it, people need to pay for it.  Otherwise let it go.  Decay is good for the server.  Less resources.  If you want something beautiful and amazing for new people to see, make something even more beautiful and amazing.

I've watched friends deeds go poof and been sad.  Who is to say one deed is more important to save than any other deed?  If we need amazing architecture to wow new players, we either rebuild starter towns or go make our own showplace deeds to wow them.

So -1 for me on this.

• Like 2

-1. If anything i think after a deed disbands the terrain should also slowly return to its original state. If you go older servers, its virtually impossible to find untouched nice looking land to build on.

no it isn't.
there's tons of free coastal land on deli.
and now that marsh is easier to kill, there's even more. 

but fair dues

I think this is the sort of situation that would benefit from more detailed permission systems, like that one suggestion a while back had.

I love the idea of preserving more notable deeds (or at least a portion of them) but I also have mixed feelings on their future and role. If we had useful NPCs or quests, I'd suggest making them quest hubs, but being Wurm we lack such things.

If we had regular contests (automated treasure hunts/races/etc. like was once mentioned) they'd work as objectives or start/end points.

I feel you man, but, I dunno. Keep working the idea.

• Like 3

concluded.

I don't enjoy this being given to the attention of most `recent posts` but it need be recorded.
nice work team.

Edited by Steveleeb
an update