Sign in to follow this  
Rudie

Remove champion restrictions per god.

Changing Champ Restrictions  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Favored Kingdoms

• Remove kingdom templates always being able to champ a certain god (MR=warrior gods, BL=hate gods, JK=other gods)
    • Remove favoured kingdom requirements completely (can champ without needing favour)
    • No change (champing requires kingdom being favoured, templates can champ certain god types regardless)
  2. 2. God Restrictions

• Max 3 champs per kingdom, kingdom has max one champ per god
    • Max 3 champs per kingdom, kingdom can have multiple from one god
    • No change (max 3 per kingdom, multiple from same god per kingdom, max 3 per god)

I understand you don't want one kingdom to controll all of a specific diety's champslots. I agree with that. What I don't understand is where "lets only have 1 champ per diety in each kingdom" came from because that is just plain out of no where and dumb.

1 minute ago, TradingAlt said:

I understand you don't want one kingdom to controll all of a specific diety's champslots. I agree with that. What I don't understand is where "lets only have 1 champ per diety in each kingdom" came from because that is just plain out of no where and dumb.

Well glad we are least on half the same page, and I would be happy with either personally but for me the reason for 1 of each is to help prevent a single priest like smeagain from becoming the 100% goto meta is my only convern but im happy for both if either happens honestly.

8 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Oh I have seen it posted before, just funny this time around is because crusaders misplaced a smeagan champ slot

This might just be my perspective, but I'd say this time around came about due to the realisation that the code seems to be heavily stacked in one templates favour?

• Like 6

9 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

All this because they lost a smeagan champ slot.

9 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Oh I have seen it posted before, just funny this time around is because crusaders misplaced a smeagan champ slot

Do you not have anything helpful to contribute? instead of just going on about your personal vendetta with TC. Like why does OP's kingdom affect the validity of the post?

Max 3 champs per kingdom, kingdom has max one champ per god.

The problem with this is, everyone will want to champ as Smegain and your smegain champ will be far more important than the other 2.

Perhaps add LOF and/or the warrior trait to all champs.

I think the bottom line and main cause of this thread is how overpowered smegain is compared to other priest\champs.

This poll should not be here, where everybody and his mother can vote.

On 6/11/2017 at 6:03 AM, Sklo:D said:

This poll should not be here, where everybody and his mother can vote.

But that's the problem with Wurm isn't it? No poll is going to be conclusive because any one person can have as many accounts as they wish and be 'anonymous' with all of them; Especially with accounts being free to swap or trade.

How do you guys plan to deal with the abundance of playermade gods and the fact that they just reuse old content over and over. For something that was supposed to be rare and sought after, it has become cheap all waiting for the next one.

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit
  • Like 1

Retro this is a must happen for PvP players to have that want to fight again. ;)

Based on the results of this poll we'll be making the following changes:

Remove favoured kingdom requirements completely (can champ without needing favour)
Change champion limitations to Max 3 champs per kingdom, kingdom has max one champ per god

Thank you all for taking the time to share your thoughts on this! 

• Like 9

Any chance on permadeath champions be reconsidered as the current point system and champs are bs. Pretty much just some Dr nothing else.

Also are their anything in work to remove some of the abundance of playe made god's at this rate you'll have more and more god's with the same spells being vomited round each becoming more broken and unbalanced than the last.

God good was supposed to be rare and hard to achieve. It has quickly become a gimmick.

Permadeath is not coming back

Valrei rework including player gods and balancing is in the works, as we've already stated.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Permadeath is not coming back

Valrei rework including player gods and balancing is in the works, as we've already stated.

Have you got anything in the works to bring back more purpose to holding the bl/wl or other points on the map to shift PvP in to meaningful conflicts beyond the skirmish style that eventually just burns through people as it is an endless loop?

Does an in game poll for cooking, spouts off a random idea about champs on chaos and takes the results of about 50 total votes...

12 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Based on the results of this poll we'll be making the following changes:

Remove favoured kingdom requirements completely (can champ without needing favour)
Change champion limitations to Max 3 champs per kingdom, kingdom has max one champ per god

Thank you all for taking the time to share your thoughts on this! 

how does this work for kingdoms who currently hold more than 1 sme champ? grandfather clause until their champ status runs out or are they going to be manually switched to a different god?

• Like 2

@platinumteefgrand fathered basically for current kingdoms with more the one of the same champ to my understanding. I asked in discord. But change opens up for other kingdoms to get sme champs too. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TradingAlt said:

Does an in game poll for cooking, spouts off a random idea about champs on chaos and takes the results of about 50 total votes...

Given its a logical change, has been raised many times in the past, and development discussion about the impact and balance of it, it's a pretty straight forward thing, we were open to changing them and it seems this way is the best. 

• Like 2

Ensure that the 1 champion per god is an optional change to wurm unlimited when it gets patch over.

As many servers don't have the 5 extra "god's" that would make this change his justified. Limiting each kingdom in many instances to a singular default god. 

Also it should be a standard procedure to consider any changes to wurm be also put through scrutiny for Wu as it effective has more than 10x the players.

Edited by JockII