Sign in to follow this  
Rudie

Remove champion restrictions per god.

Changing Champ Restrictions  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Favored Kingdoms

• Remove kingdom templates always being able to champ a certain god (MR=warrior gods, BL=hate gods, JK=other gods)
    • Remove favoured kingdom requirements completely (can champ without needing favour)
    • No change (champing requires kingdom being favoured, templates can champ certain god types regardless)
  2. 2. God Restrictions

• Max 3 champs per kingdom, kingdom has max one champ per god
    • Max 3 champs per kingdom, kingdom can have multiple from one god
    • No change (max 3 per kingdom, multiple from same god per kingdom, max 3 per god)

Title is self explantory. Why is this a thing? It just favors whatever kingdom or pmk is MR template. Allow 3 champs of a faith regardless of god per kingdom.

• Like 1

this has been requested multiple times and their was a fairly recent thread about this wiht nothing done - of course. +1 from me and CC jsut might lkeep my 8 premmed chars playing - at least for a bit longer.

My opinion on this is to make it so each kingdom can have at max 1 of any god type and remove the 3 limit total.

Its way to easy to hoard the good gods you can control when you login to dechamp them, we do it in TC on chaos as have others in the past.  During the epic reset jk controled all 3 fo champ slots for an entire year before some of the other player gods with light of fo popped up its just overall a system that needs some balance consideration for sure.

Obviously any changes should only take effect once existing multi same champ kingdoms dechamp on their own, nothing instantly or screwing existing champs over please =)

Edited by Darklords

what about a max of 3 champs per kingdom (or scale to population) and 1 champ per god per kingdom?

This would mean that every kingdom could have a champion of say, Nathan, but no more than one each. 

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

what about a max of 3 champs per kingdom (or scale to population) and 1 champ per god per kingdom?

This would mean that every kingdom could have a champion of say, Nathan, but no more than one each. 

Would be my preferred option personally +1.

15 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Sounds way better +1

I've added some options to a poll on this thread - if everyone can vote there for what they would prefer. If the options need more clarification, let me know.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

All this because they lost a smeagan champ slot.

Its been asked for to change in different ways since 2015 and beyond, this just revived the debate.

1 hour ago, Egard said:

Edited by Darklords

1 minute ago, JakeRivers said:

Don't be dumb! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Darklords said:

Its been asked for since 2015 and beyond, this just revived the debate.

Oh I have seen it posted before, just funny this time around is because crusaders misplaced a smeagan champ slot

3 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

I'm sorry, who are you?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Oh I have seen it posted before, just funny this time around is because crusaders misplaced a smeagan champ slot

This was on epic fyi as rome.

1 minute ago, JakeRivers said:

So should this poll be for epic only?

Well considering this is a problem on chaos(Crusaders still are hoarding 2/3 sme slots) I would say it would be a good balance change for everyone

• Like 2

I wouldn't cap at 1 god champ per kingdom, it would just mean more agony over who champs because if people want to get the best spell set, they wont pick a weaker god just to champ

better idea to getting champs of other gods is just balancing the priests, but hey that's planned so 3 champs per kingdom and no limit on gods from me

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MrGARY said:

I wouldn't cap at 1 god champ per kingdom, it would just mean more agony over who champs because if people want to get the best spell set, they wont pick a weaker god just to champ

better idea to getting champs of other gods is just balancing the priests, but hey that's planned so 3 champs per kingdom and no limit on gods from me

I did like the idea only reason the I didn't go for it is I feel like it will become a balance issue in the future we will always find the priest that is the best and if you can be 3 of 1 like with smeagain being the dominant pvp priest I can't help imagine things won't return to the same once the new meta settles except we will all be that priest with it being limited to 1 of each sure a top 3 may appear but at least not stacking all 1 priest will let things be a little more deverse in the end.

I would be happy with either honestly anything but the current system is an improvement but just my 2 cents on how balancing priests in the future would be much much easier if it was limited to 1.

Edited by Darklords

so you want to have 3 champs that none can link to each other? are you trolling lol?

2 minutes ago, TradingAlt said:

so you want to have 3 champs that none can link to each other? are you trolling lol?

You realize linking gives a -3 cr buff the same buff a king crown gives?  Nothing stops you from having non champs to link so I don't see the issue.

you don't see the issue with removing the sand from a sandbox game? Hello, don't fix something that is not broken. If you wanna remove the limitations sure, but don't just come in here and say hurrrr lets have 3 champs that are all different.... Like where on earth did that come from? Oh yeah retrograde, someone who never pvped b4.

39 minutes ago, TradingAlt said:

you don't see the issue with removing the sand from a sandbox game? Hello, don't fix something that is not broken. If you wanna remove the limitations sure, but don't just come in here and say hurrrr lets have 3 champs that are all different.... Like where on earth did that come from? Oh yeah retrograde, someone who never pvped b4.

How is it removing the sandbox from the sandbox? If any restriction like 300 max slope dirt slope, 100 items per pile, or any other artificial restriction in the game not a fully sandbox game should you be able to do anything you want period with no balance in mind? At what point do we say any single balance measure are removing the sandbox from the game this is just trying to create an environment where things are more balanced for everyone and single kingdoms cannot control the meta priests because they got to it first and can lock it down for 6 months past when they champ up with no chance for a new comer to even contest the 3 limit currently in place on the best priest that currently has Full Heal, Refresh, Light of FO, Fungus/IcePilar, Oak Shell,Weakness, Damage Bonus, and why not lets just throw in the free res stone bonus just to add everything to sme(What else could you ask for in a priest maybe rebirth can't think of anything else sme is missing for pvp?). Sure you nerf sme and a new priest is  the new best meta sme just happened to get such random op abilities that its the by far most OP ATM but say its re balanced we will just find the new most OP and that will be the new SME instead of spreading champs out over more than just the god that has the most heals and damage ability at the current time that you can just spam 3 of instead of being forced to make some decisions on what kind of champs you want instead of just picking the 3 best.

Edit:

I would be honestly happy with 3 of any priest no limit or 3 different no limit but I honestly feel we will just run into everyone picking 3 of the same priest and have no diversity if left 3 of any which is going to make any rebalance of priests much harder to nail down for pvp servers in the end and we will just pay for it when we complain in a year that everyone picks the same champ because its the obvious choice no one else will pick different becuas X priest is the meta instead of making people spread out the champ choices.

Edited by Darklords