Sign in to follow this  
Attenia

Dominating / charming bug

This has been going on for ages and it's driving me demented. I can't seem to find a pattern in it, but here's an example. A new troll is born and I want to brand it. I take my Nahjo priest and click 'dominate' just to check. It starts dominating, so I think I'm ok. I back away and activate the love effect so that the other troll in the pen doesn't attack me. I walk forward again and try to dominate, but it's suddenly bad for my karma and disallowed on the server! I log my main on, but my computer doesn't do well with more than one Wurm window open at a time, so by the time it's finished freezing, my love effect is gone. I manage the role for the Nahjo alt, which has everything ticked except branding and lock picking. I tick and save those at least once a week, but whenever I log on again, they're unticked! Why, please why??

Anyway, I tick and save branding and try again to dominate, but it's still illegal. I go back to manage roles (branding is now unticked again) and tick branding and lock picking. Then I can dominate, but of course, my love effect is gone now. Since I have two characters on, my computer freezes and when it unfreezes, I'm dead.

The last time I tried doing love effect with my main logged on already, to make necessary changes if I suddenly couldn't dominate, my computer froze and when it unfroze my love effect had run out and the animals in the pen had killed me.

This is just one example of absolute mess that I can't seem to make any logical sense out of. The same with charming. One day, I'll be able to charm the animal, and the next day, without having made any changes, it'll suddenly be illegal. I've tried it with branded and unbranded animals, as well as animals I specifically unbranded with my main and re-branded with the Fo/Nahjo alt, and the results are still the same: it seems completely random whether on a certain day I'll be able to charm/dominate. Sometimes just logging on my main without doing anything lets me charm/dominate, others I have to redo my brand and possibly lock picking roles. Other times unbranding the animal works. Other times there's no problem.

Please, please could we fix this? It's driving me utterly batty.

Here the relevant logs from today. If it'll help, I can try keep trying and come up with more logs showing different examples of this insanity.

Nahjo alt

[19:49:35] You start to cast 'Dominate' on a young fierce troll.
[19:49:36] You must not move while doing that.
[19:49:36] You stop dominating.
[19:49:37] The wooden fence gate blocks your attempt.
[19:49:42] The wooden fence gate blocks your attempt.
[19:49:53] You feel the love stream towards you.
[19:49:59] That would be very bad for your karma and is disallowed on this server.
[19:50:29] Attenia left the world.
[19:50:33] That would be very bad for your karma and is disallowed on this server.
[19:51:11] That would be very bad for your karma and is disallowed on this server.
[19:51:24] Attenia has logged in.
[19:52:53] The stream of love fades.
[19:53:12] That would be very bad for your karma and is disallowed on this server.
[19:53:14] The wooden fence gate blocks your attempt.
[19:53:50] You start to cast 'Dominate' on a young fierce troll.  (computer froze here)
[19:54:08] You leave the old fat Zarahunting.
[19:54:08] You are dead.

Main

[19:53:04] The role "Alt 2" has been updated to your specifications. (branding)
[19:53:43] The role "Alt 2" has been updated to your specifications. (branding and lock picking)

I'd guess you aren't supposed to be able to dominate 'green' mobs.

I'll give it a try when my love effect renews and see if I can dominate a random animal off deed under love effect. I never have problems with those, it's only the ones on deed. If that is the case, I can't see why, and it should definitely be changed. My alt isn't strong enough to survive two creatures attacking it at once while dominating, and the love effect is supposed to get around this.

I'm not sure that is it, though. I've had the same problem with my Fo alt trying to charm things not under the love effect, just when I have over 30 favour so that the aggros don't attack me - unless the bug extends to that as well...

Edited by Attenia