Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 022

3 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

Many good changes lately :)

One thing that bother me abit though :P Those cat eyes, are they really gonna stand out so much? To me they look so out of place in the Wurmiverse.

I'm afraid that every time I go for a ride on a road with those eyes I will hear this in the back of my head...

• Like 5

I am very excited about all the infrastructure changes! Though, these updates are making it hard for me to finish my deed plans because I keep scrapping them when you give us sneak peaks of what to come! But, I like them all anyway lol Thanks Devs~

• Like 1

Has challenge been scrapped?

Granted there hasn't been a new one in quite a while. I have felt such would be a good test for some things like no local list.

Just to add on to what Retro has said about the updated Uttacha - The reason they are starting out on epic first is because Valrei mobs are the perfect candidate for the updated combat style that these mobs will have. Due to how it all works, I'm less confident in having these changes come to mobs that spawn in the thousands until it has been properly tested on other mobs than spawn in smaller quantities. Epic was also the cluster that got the old updated creature combat (the one that made trolls hit every 2 seconds, and is disabled now) - so this is mostly a refresh of this for now. Once I've gone through the Valrei mobs, the next likely candidates will be uniques across all servers, and then Rift mobs later down the line. So these sorts of changes will be coming to all servers eventually - but we're starting with valrei mobs on epic.

• Like 11

Combat log changes!!!!  Finally.

Can we float the Event, Combat, and other tabs in that section so we can see event and combat at same time?

I thought it would be a lot longer before I saw this.  This is awesome.

well all I can say is combat changes on epic is not going to help. Aftrer today wiht the champ without influence bias towards MR I cant be bothered playing epic anymore, gg cc staff.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

The color in the combat logs is going to rock, but even better would be able to have the combat tab able to be moved into its own window. I truly hate having to choose between the event tab and combat tab when both contain important information during a fight.

agreed..!!!

• Like 1

Great updates coming again. Thanks for the update, Retro and Budda.

And so good to see the Factional Fight Brothers back! Their videos are the reason I started playing Wurm.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:07 PM, Budda said:

Once I've gone through the Valrei mobs, the next likely candidates will be uniques across all servers, and then Rift mobs later down the line. So these sorts of changes will be coming to all servers eventually

Good. Take it slow on these aggro combat changes because those who want more powerful and harder to kill mobs below the Rift category are certainly in the minority. I find it very strange that *some* would believe that everyone else has their high combat skills and would like Trolls and below to be more powerful. If anything they should all be toned down in power and able to be killed in half the time as currently according to combat skill levels. I know that I waste a lot of time killing the overpopulation of Trolls in my vicinity and even inexplicably "miss" when fighting spiders. A very poor combat system adjusted to combat skill levels due to I think this idea that mobs are "too easy" to kill perpetuated by the very high combat skilled players.

=Ayes= 

15 minutes ago, Ayes said:

If anything they should all be toned down in power and able to be killed in half the time 

I think this idea that mobs are "too easy" to kill perpetuated by the very high combat skilled players.

I've came back from being alt tabbed on another client, sometimes without any armor on, fighting them with a medium maul which their leather armor is strong against, and found dead trolls, on an account with 28 strength and body control, he's barely a warrior and he can kill aged venerable trolls naked, he's about as far away from being a "very high combat skilled player" as you can be. They sure as hell don't need to be made weaker if an account that hasn't even grinded characteristics can kill them naked.

• Like 1

All the combat tab needs now is more feedback based on the damage you do.

Thread about it with code and examples. Would be a good change for both pve and pvp.

Reinforce the feel good factor of using bigger weapons and doing more damage with new flavour text.

Properly floating tabs (i.e. being able to split event / combat / blah into its own window) has already been listed as coming in the new UI.