Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 022

header.png

The White turtle castle - Gofs (Picture by Evening)

Hi everyone!
Another week down, and we've been hard at work! Want to know what? Just read on!

But first...

Patch Notes

Spoiler
Clearing crops that have turned to weeds will now return one seed.

Bugfix: Possible fix for the ‘stuck’ mine issues and invisible items.

Bugfix: Blessed lamps should stop consuming fuel when planted on the new pavement types in mines.

Just a small one this week, mostly to address the stuck in mines bug!

WU update
The beta version of the next WU update will be coming early next week, with everything up to yesterdays update going into it, this means the new bushes and almanac features will be coming, with the new bridge textures and features coming in the next update.

Combat log updates
With the next update we'll have a big change to how the combat log works, with the addition of more colours to differentiate different actions and also your relation to the other parties of the fight!

combat.png

Not only this, but these colours can be set by using the text colours of the client as shown

colours.png

This means that you'll be able to customise your combat log to suit your personal preferences, and keep your eye on the fight that much better!

Creature combat improvements
Work has begun on improving creature combat, and first off the rank is the Uttacha! These combat improvements will be coming to Epic in the next update, if you want to find out what the new moves are, you'll have to wait and see for yourselves!

Map Dumps
Just over six months ago we released the last map dumps, and I'm pleased to say new ones are in the works! We don't have a release yet, but they may come in with the new highway system being launched, so keep your eyes peeled!

Paving on bridges

Final touches with the big changes to bridges are in the works, with underground bridges and the paving under testing and tweaking, I'm super keen to see this come, and can't even begin to imagine all the plans you have currently going on, I want to see them all! 

paving.png

Midsummer fun
Midsummers is a big tradition in Sweden, and we've got a special event planned for it! On the weekend of the 24th of June we'll be launching an event on Xanadu, with a unique prize for completing it. What is the prize? You'll just have to wait and see...

Factional fight is back!
I'm thrilled to see the Factional Fight guys back in action, with their awesome new introduction. 

Anyone not familiar with their videos will HAVE to spend the next few days brushing up on them all, they've been companions to many a wurmians grinding days, and I can imagine we're all keen on seeing their new video next week!

That's it for this week, I look forward to sharing more with you all next time, but until then though, keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team

• Like 26

How about working on the creatures most of us are likely to see first? New creature combat isn't gonna make anyone play epic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fraeya said:

How about working on the creatures most of us are likely to see first? New creature combat isn't gonna make anyone play epic.

The creature combat changes were on Epic originally, this is an updated version of it. We're focusing on the epic specific versions of valrei creatures. While some creature combat mechanics may of course come across to freedom mobs too, this is primarily an Epic centric focus in order to bring more unique features back to Epic. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

WU update
The beta version of the next WU update will be coming early next week, with everything up to yesterdays update going into it, this means the new bushes and almanac features will be coming, with the new bridge textures and features coming in the next update.

Any chance that we will get a macOS version of WU?

• Like 1

I appreciate any and all work the Devs do.  However, I think many of use feel that Epic is a lost cause - a bad experiment that needs to be put to bed.  What is ironic about it is the fact that I personally think Challenge was more successful than Epic, even though Rolf allowed the latter to be scrapped and former to survive.

Edited by Eyesgood
  • Like 7

16 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

The creature combat changes were on Epic originally, this is an updated version of it. We're focusing on the epic specific versions of valrei creatures. While some creature combat mechanics may of course come across to freedom mobs too, this is primarily an Epic centric focus in order to bring more unique features back to Epic. 

Maybe make it a bit clearer that these changes are for epic ONLY right now.

Thank you thank you for the log colour update!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

It is nice to see epic getting some love those servers certainly need it, but I think you all missing the boat on where your bread and butter customer base is located and new combat changes/improvements should not be server specific.

• Like 5

Paving bridges!  Well done!

COmbat text colors (great start) are nice, but please let this bleed over into the event log?  I would love more than anything for an ability to highlight specific text in any log tab, with a bunch of color options.  For instance, when imping, I want to have all the next imp tools needed to pop out in green or red or something!  If someone mentions my name in a chat tab, have it highlighted. 

Right click a tab and a text field comes up.  Enter in exact text, then choose highlight text color and background text color.  Makes it very customizable and only stored in client settings.  Had this in the ancient MUD text based MMO called Gemstone (yes, back when dial-up was a thing).  It was MASSIVELY helpful!

Great updates!!!

• Like 3

Gofs, grats ! I knew it ..your castle is amazing construction and you're a very nice person :)  This picture is incredible ..lights and everything :P Good luck and keep wurming your way !

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Niki said:

only xanadu event? :(

a good opportunity to find those hidden uniques 

+1 For the coloured Combat Logs! So glad that you guys have taken notice of Sindusks work on Wurm Unlimited and seen how popular the coloured Combat Logs are over there.

So big thanks to Sindusk too!

• Like 2

Can we get a wau to change rarity colors too? I'm color blind and have a hard time seeing supremes. O.o

• Like 2

I'm excited to see the changes in the combat log! Sometimes it's hard to see exactly what's going on, especially during bigger fights such as rifts. And the paved bridges will be wonderful, allowing some of the beautifully patterned roads I've seen be continuous and unbroken. I'm also stoked for my first big Wurm event ? My best friend and I started playing about a month before the Impalong and did not have a boat to attend. We will definitely be there this time!

3 hours ago, Fraeya said:

Exactly what I was thinking seems that any combat oriented update is lastly implemented on most populated servers... 

Great thoughts... and developments.... personally I just want to be able to travel to epic servers by boat... why cant it be ONE WORLD

57 minutes ago, Legios said:

Exactly what I was thinking seems that any combat oriented update is lastly implemented on most populated servers... 

Actually, this might be the smart move.  Using Epic as a mandatory test server.

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Combat log updates
With the next update we'll have a big change to how the combat log works, with the addition of more colours to differentiate different actions and also your relation to the other parties of the fight!

The color in the combat logs is going to rock, but even better would be able to have the combat tab able to be moved into its own window. I truly hate having to choose between the event tab and combat tab when both contain important information during a fight.

Paving on bridges?!?! Aaaahhhh soooo goooood!!! This is going to solve so many issues! You guys rock!

FF <3

And the header image? Now THAT'S what I call a CASTLE! Beautiful!

• Like 1

Many good changes lately :)

One thing that bother me abit though :P Those cat eyes, are they really gonna stand out so much? To me they look so out of place in the Wurmiverse.

• Like 2