Sign in to follow this  
Alectrys

[Bug] Stuck in mines and items going invisible.

After today's possible fix for the mine issues, it seems that we are still experiencing problems.  Please post here any details you can give.

Here is one report I found added to the patchnotes thread:  http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/154845-patch-notes-8jun17/&do=findComment&comment=1586797

Quoting Shaka:

Since the patch I have been stuck in a mine twice. Both times I had been alt tabbed for a while and when I returned to the game I could not move anymore. Some things around me had gone invisible like the rock shards or the horses hatched to the cart. The cart was still there so I tried to get on it and "fell" though the floor. Went to the place with an other char to look at things but could not see anything wrong. Logging off and waiting until the stuck char has left the world fixed the problem both times.

Is it possible for this to be linked to some recent client rendering/optimization of surroundings.. to eventually lose data for objects around the player.. as usually when tabbed game's not on focus and fps is set lower... maybe than something happens and client unloads some data like objects turning invisible(not showing) or falling trough floor because of missing data? Settings might be temporary.. or if it's constantly synced with the server it might be skipping to ask for an update .. making it do odd things that it shouldn't. idk..

Could it help the devs if somebody's able to save a snapshot with jvisualvm and share that?

Since my first report I got stuck 2 more times. One more time after alt tabing and once just out of the blue after I had mined a full pile and turned around to make more space. So it is not only after alt tabbing :(

• Like 1

Not sure if my issue is related. Seems to be the same as "cave bug", but I experience it outside.

Had a similar odd episode in a cave on Serenity a short time ago, I was mounted on horseback and was filling a lamp, then appeared to fall through the floor of the mine to water level.

I could see some items on the floor of the mine at different levels, some below me, some above, although I know all 'should' have been on the same level, my horse was directly above me, but unreachable. curiously the lamp I attempted to fill was right beside me, as I floated in the water.

A full relog fixed it.

I think it behaves exactly like before the fix. Happened on the same tile yesterday to 4 people (1 got stuck and others went to look) - relog fixed it for 2, but other 2 could only get saved by a GM.

Edited by zigozag

yep still doing the same thing with the stuck and items disappearing all 3 toons after a 10-15 min afk  

edit: one difference maybe is embarking a horse didnt put me through the floor like previously but it happened in a higher rock level than where I had that happen too.

Edited by Lordterrabyte

Hotfixed 90 minutes ago.   Please report here if this happens after today's hotfix.  I'm hoping that my post is the last in this thread.

It has happened to me 3 times since the fix.

Almost exactly the same as Zenity except I was meditating and all of a sudden --> [01:12:38] You can not meditate here. It is too wet..

45 minutes ago, Clova said:

It has happened to me 3 times since the fix.

Almost exactly the same as Zenity except I was meditating and all of a sudden --> [01:12:38] You can not meditate here. It is too wet..

Did a relog fix the issue?  Were there others in the same cave at the same time?

Can you tell me the server and deed please?

Relog fixes it but it is happening constantly.

It's unplayable at the moment.

I was alone in the mine.

Others here in other mines are experiencing the same.

I'm on elevation - deed is Carlsborg

Oh and a new development is that sometimes after relogging I'm just stuck where I stand and items are disappearing (crates etc)

Edited by Clova
Adding information

Devs are still investigating the issue as the hot fix today did not solve it yet.  If you can, stay away from caves.  If you do get stuck, try logging out for /lotime or 2 minutes (whichever is greater), then make your way out.  You may get stuck a few more times along the way.

If you cannot get out, please put in a support ticket.

Just to make it interesting, I accidentally entered my mine, immediately got stuck, so I hopped into an empty cart, which freed me.  I disembarked, was able to take a few steps and got stuck again. Tried the cart again and disembarked again. This happened: First pic looking up.  You can see my mine attached to the building.  Second pic looking down.  Crates were in my mine. BSBs were in the room attached to the mine.  I believe they are still where they belong, but will know soon, since I'm relogging to find out.

McfBsq7.jpg

kTmWQM7.jpg

This may help... different graphics settings seem to be the trick for me.  I was stuck for several long reboots and tried other alts too. All stuck. Finally experimented with different settings and one of my presets was the key and we all escaped.  I will pin point it for you shortly. And no luck. tried all my settings back and forth, with no luck on getting stuck again. 

Edited by Wurmhole

I would say a pastebin of both settings config could help maybe the differences can give a clue to the devs

got this a few minutes ago again...

i mined a sandstone vein, got the bug and couldn't move

logged out and in again, just to be stuck again after 10sec of logging in

logged out and in again, moved 2 tiles and got bugged again....

for the love of god, why don't you just rollback to the last patch which would 100% fix this cause it was obviously something in the latest big patch that got this bug in.

like you could rollback and put changes in ONE by ONE if you can't figure it out another way.

please don't let it be another bug that's just not gonna be fixed, get it right from the beginning, after all you should know what the procedure is after a patch introduced a severe bug :/

Edited by Quicktor

I've gotten same bug twice today. Once meditating and once while riding a horse. 

Just had the same bug again aswell. was making bricks in the mine, suddenly i freeze, items start disapearing and i cant move

got out of the mine in 3 phases relogging all the time.

Once i finally got out it wont let me in again. it somehow doesnt recognize the minedoor as minedoor.

I was told this was a regression that I should report. Wasn't sure if this was a server or client issue, so here it is.

Both myself and my wife have experienced this over the past 3 or 4 days I would guess, but we have dropped through the floor of a mine while on a cart. Movement doesn't seem to be necessary for it to happen, unless rotation of view counts as movement.

I looked for another thread on this but they are all flagged as fixed.

Today has been very bad, cant stand still in a cave for more than a minute or two without items disappearing or falling to water level if you are on a cart or wagon.

Get the same issue with stable and unstable client.

Edited by Threap
  • Like 1

It is this one and they are working hard on solving it.  We are all just focusing above ground as much as we can, until the fix.

I just got stuck at the water level while fighting a mob into a cave. I could see my horse over me at the cave floor. After relog got fixed but this issue keep happening.

(Stable client)