Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Unicorn Horn Wands

Going to bump this one.

Remember, we're at the stage where if you want to see it in WU, now is the time to vote it in!

Thought CC stopped supporting anything WU-related, and this is not WU suggestion thread, are you jebaiting WU people into liking this for the wrong reasons..
--edit

nvm I guess, bits from others I caught up to.. were a bit darker, I either missed or intentionally skipped reading the official news segment

Edited by Finnn

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

Thought CC stopped supporting anything WU-related, and this is not WU suggestion thread, are you jebaiting WU people into liking this for the wrong reasons..

I was under the impression that WU was winding down content additions, but a few content patches were left?

Edit:

Wurm Unlimited news

As some have already stated, our focus for Wurm unlimited is shifting from content updates from WO to bug fixes and more modding support.  We'll be adding the client modloader to the vanilla WU client which will allow for easier control of mods as well as many other features. We'll be working closely with server admins and modders via the Discord server in providing as much support as we can. While this does mean the end of content updates from us, our goal is to provide as much freedom as possible to the modders to continue to push what is possible in Wurm. 

Nope, appears they've killed it off.

RIP

Edited by Etherdrifter

I like this idea, for WO, but I would only want someone to be able to get out of the wand what a priest has put in. Perhaps it can have one charge added per 10 ql of gem. So a wand of strongwall could be sold after being made with a 50ql gem, but it would need strongwall cast into it 5 times to achieve those charges.  This would make priests able to sell their services a little more easily for the deed maintenance spells that are hugely useful, but they often would need to travel for making selling these services less convenient, such as strongwall, genesis, and even humid drizzle.  Also, since this would use some materials and clear some of the backstock of materials on hand I can see this being a benefit overall.  Give the wands a high decay rate if not in inventory, and perhaps make it require several other materials instead of simply the horn and a gem depending on the spell to be stored.  Since priests can continue actions, this shouldn't be an issue.

Furthermore, attachment of the gem (or even overall construction of the wand) would be good to base on the soul depth or soul strength in the same way that rune attachment are.

Edited by Seriphina
  • Like 1

I'd argue against the high decay rate, as that devalues the casts.  Otherwise, +1 from me.

On 12/6/2019 at 3:59 PM, Etherdrifter said:

I'd argue against the high decay rate, as that devalues the casts.  Otherwise, +1 from me.

Is the cast really valued lying on the ground anyway?  Note, I did indicate high decay OUTSIDE OF INVENTORY.  So players either need to keep wand in inventory or on a merchant, otherwise they have to buy a new one. I don't see that as devalued at all.

And another bump here, because with all the poorly thought out nerfs I reckon the devs could do with giving priests something nice :P

• Like 1

I don't like wild growth in its current state. When growing trees in bulk I get varying powers of cast and some trees end up older than others, and when casting repeatedly some end up withered, so being able to rejuvenate them through wands would be just dandy.

And wands in general is an exciting concept with a lot of potential.

Unicorns are far more common than wild horses and bison at this point.   Why not put them to use? 

+1 if the wands have a very low durability.  This needs to be a thing you need, seek, and use.  Not something to stockpile and create another marketing cabal.

I have a ton of unicorn horns and gems that this idea would lend to utilizing and I would love grinding my jewelry smithing skill on this. Plus I don't have a Fo priest so a wand of curing would be ideal.