Sign in to follow this  
Renate

More options to remove reinforcements

Heya,

widening tunnels offdeed for highways is most problematic, as many older tunnels have reinforced walls and there is too little option to remove them. Maybe allow Disintegrate on PVE for all priests? Or some other option to remove these walls offdeed (crowbar?), which is a little less painful than only to get someone to erupt/freeze them or a high-level Mag with little odds? This would be a big help to prepare tunnels for the new highway system, not only for me i guess.

• Like 1

Reinforcements are great simply because of the difficulty factor in removing them.

Edited by JakeRivers

I think they could be removable in perimeter too as opposed to only deed right now.

• Like 1

Do not make reinforcements weaker off-deed. Perimeter is a different thing, I would like that too - as perimeters cannot be shrunk from the 5 tile minimum. Expanding deed against the perimeter tiles would fit me right as well I think.

The least issues are with the already existing fully reinforced tunnels as highways, the reinforcements are quite well protecting these paths already.

1 hour ago, zigozag said:

I think they could be removable in perimeter too as opposed to only deed right now.

-1 especially perimeter

there is already workable mechanics that make it possible to remove reinforcements, its not easy but that is the way it should be

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 2

Well, as I've said elsewhere, I personally have not been able to think of an idea that I couldn't poke holes in but that doesn't mean a solution doesn't exist.  I would very much like to see a way to be able to improve tunnels off-deed where reinforcements are preventing it.  It's not always possible to temporarily drop a deed, especially on Xana, because of the surface terrain like impossibly steep mountains.  And due to the reinforcements, tunneling to the top to drop a deed is often impossible as well.

So +1 to any discussion on this where a solution might be found that we can't poke huge holes in. I think dismissing the subject altogether is a disservice.

Edited by Amadee

2 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

there is already workable mechanics that make it possible to remove reinforcements, its not easy but that is the way it should be

Is there a way to do it on freedom, aside from dropping a deed on the offending tiles?  I don't care how hard it is, I just want to know how I can do it.  So if there's a way, please do-tell.  :)

6 minutes ago, Amadee said:

Is there a way to do it on freedom, aside from dropping a deed on the offending tiles?  I don't care how hard it is, I just want to know how I can do it.  So if there's a way, please do-tell.  :)

3 options

1) drop a deed 

2) disintegrate them 

3) burn them with lava (requires path of power and 2-3 steps)

Edited by JakeRivers

Just now, JakeRivers said:

3 options

1) drop a deed 

2) disintegrate them 

3) burn them with lava

Hmm.  Thanks for the reply.  So aside from dropping a deed which in my case is not currently possible where I want to remove reinforcements, are you saying disintegrate does work off-deed on freedom?  If so, I'll def be trying that, but my understanding is that it does not work on freedom off-deed and the wiki says that.

I don't know anything at all about lava but will that work on freedom as well? 

2 minutes ago, Amadee said:

Hmm.  Thanks for the reply.  So aside from dropping a deed which in my case is not currently possible where I want to remove reinforcements, are you saying disintegrate does work off-deed on freedom?  If so, I'll def be trying that, but my understanding is that it does not work on freedom off-deed and the wiki says that.

I don't know anything at all about lava but will that work on freedom as well? 

I am sure it does might be mag priest only though, but its such a slight chance you can be doing it for hours on end.

Path of power is really the way to go to get it done in a timely fashion.

Edited by JakeRivers

Just now, JakeRivers said:

I am sure it does, but its such a slight chance you can be doing it for hours on end.

Path of power is really the way to go to get it done in a timely fashion.

Cool, thanks. And sorry if this is the wrong place for a semi-private conversation. lol.   It is on topic though.  :)

3 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

3 options

1) Pull money out of your wallet and drop a deed 

2) Pull money out of your wallet spend or spend months making a mag priest to disintegrate them 

3) Pull money out of your wallet and spend a few months meditating to burn them with lava (requires path of power and 2-3 steps)

Your options are either expensive or very boring. The support beams shouldn't be so stupidly difficult to remove when they are easy to place.

6 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

Your options are either expensive or very boring. The support beams shouldn't be so stupidly difficult to remove when they are easy to place.

If they were not stupidly hard to get rid of, reinforcing a mine off deed would have little meaning.

Reinforcements should not be able to be removed on a whim.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

If they were not stupidly hard to get rid of, reinforcing a mine off deed would have little meaning.

I understand the meaning is preventing the mine from collapsing, an intention that many people might share in an offdeed mine or tunnel. Also i would happily reinforce the widened tunnel again after, also very easy made with Strongwall (spell always succeds).

5 minutes ago, Renate said:

I understand the meaning is preventing the mine from collapsing, an intention that many people might share in an offdeed mine or tunnel. Also i would happily reinforce the widened tunnel again after, also very easy made with Strongwall (spell always succeds).

Collapsing or keeping others out of a off deed mine, not 100% of course but most can't be bothered to go through the trouble of getting into a reinforced mine.

I agree there should be a way to remove them from inside the mine. Nothing easy, or even fast. Like being able to do 5-10% damage a day on reinforcements over 3 months old.

Erupting a tile to remove reinforcements is possible on low sloped cliffs or near the rock/dirt barrier, but digging out 1500 dirt for each tile is laborious and incredibly difficult to pinpoint the exact tile.

The solution could even be a cash shop item for 1-2e (the crazy trader prices for useful items is different issue).

On 7.6.2017. at 9:17 PM, JakeRivers said:

Reinforcements should not be able to be removed on a whim.

Neither should they be able to be placed on a whim for forever. You deed it or loose it, so reinforcing mine outside of deed should have little meaning as building a fence of deed should have. There is great disbalans how easy is to reinforce versus how hard is to remove reinforcment. I had to expand my deed width by one tile when i found out i cant remove one single reinforcment that was on edge of deed tile, which is ridiculous i had to do (that's nothing compared to what others has to do)

• Like 1