Sign in to follow this  
DropDeadFred

Tent's name

Hmm. I can't see anymore the rename option in the right click menu, it was there as all my tents are renamed. Maybe it is a bug?

Tried all variations of locked, unlocked, in inventory, dropped

Edited by Jaz

They should be able to be renamed. I've seen several and did it once myself

+1 Renaming Tents

I thought we used to be able to rename our tents, but I too have found I can't do this anymore.

I seem to remember I could rename my tent, but only when I was carrying it, so not in built up state.

Can't you drop/put it on ground and rename it than?

At 1 point that was possible..

1st time reading for naming it during creation :D clever! lol

Your problem should be solved as it is.. btw...

For ages.. it have worked like this.. drop the tent on the ground - right click - rename, type something, ok.. and it works.. if it doesn't.. tent might be 'not yours' or somehow bugged.

Just tested it, works with starter tent.

The way I renamed my tent was to unlock the tent, select the tent and the lock in your inv, and then right click the lock and press "Rename" That would rename the lock and the tent for me.

• Like 1

That sounds mad :) I'll try this way maybe related to the bugged locks on tents? My idea is to try with a new locm attached to the tent.

I think this change is just *tentative*.

=Ayes=

Just tried to rename the lock itself - no success.

Tried to attach a different lock and rename the tent, dropped and in inventory, no option at all.

23 minutes ago, Jaz said:

Just tried to rename the lock itself - no success.

Tried to attach a different lock and rename the tent, dropped and in inventory, no option at all.

You have to select 2 things: one you can rename and one you cannot. Then right click the one you can and rename it. It will rename both. This works with crates in container that you can't rename too.

i know I renamed mine long ago using some trickery. Think it was like unlock, drop, pick up, drop, attach lock and then rename. Something to do with how the game sets permission for drop items.

Jaz if you have alt with starter tent.. try to drop that on ground and right click - rename.. does that work?  

For me it does work with starter tent; too lazy atm to check for crafted tho:mellow:

@Aeryck that worked - so I had to select lock and tent, rename tent and it renamed tent too. Sounds wogicky :D

@Finnn, yes alt has right click / rename on his tent even in inventory.

• Like 2

+1
toward universal renaming 
until then, thanks for the info.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2017 at 3:59 PM, Aeryck said:

You have to select 2 things: one you can rename and one you cannot. Then right click the one you can and rename it. It will rename both. This works with crates in container that you can't rename too.

This is inspired!! It works for anything.  I can even "rename" healing covers, they just error out in the event log instead of changing.