Sign in to follow this  
Gwyn

Add option to unhitch and lead animal(s) simultaneously

I suppose this is really two suggestions:

1. Allow a single specific animal to be unhitched from a wagon/cart.

2. Allow the animal to be unhitched + led in a single action.

This would save unnecessary unhitching/re-hitching when all you want is to take a single horse for a solo ride before returning to your wagon.

And more importantly, it would prevent anyone from going through what happened to me yesterday. I was flatraising from my wagon. When I was ready to call it a day, I was of course too high up to just ride back down the slope. So I figured I'd just unhitch my bison, lead them, and push my wagon down the slope before climbing down myself. Little did I know that my bison had grown so restless after years of being shackled to my wagon that they would bolt away in various directions (all of them straight up a mountainside) the instant they were unhitched. I didn't even manage to lasso one of them. (Hmm, lassoing might deserve a suggestion thread of its own.)

• Like 4

while embarked, you can right click individual animals to unhitch just the one.  This helps a ton with wagons.

+1 for unhitch while leading option to eliminate the bolting animal.  There really is no reason not to.

• Like 1

Bump.

A disembark+lead option or 'keep led' option that auto-leads mounts every time you disembark would also be a great QoL feature.

• Like 1