Sign in to follow this  
Yiraia

Remove farm wilting

"Not being busy when its time to harvest" Is not a challenge, just inconvenient. And its nice waiting for every plant to reach a full growth stage and harvest everything at once. Would be really nice if plants wilting would be removed.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but I cannot see the complete removal of wilting as an option for Wurm Online. Crops already last a pretty decent amount of time if you tend them daily.

• Like 9

*tear* I can't leave my deed even if i wanted to XD, Thanks for the response

38 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

*tear* I can't leave my deed even if i wanted to XD, Thanks for the response

Just need to plan out when to plant and when not to.

Can be tough if plans change though.

I just wish that after your farm and skip a day to replant on your own deed, the grass won't start growing on all the tiles super fast.  Being a priest can't dig the 4 tiles quickly so just takes longer to cultivate that quick spreading grass.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, nicedreams said:

I just wish that after your farm and skip a day to replant on your own deed, the grass won't start growing on all the tiles super fast.  Being a priest can't dig the 4 tiles quickly so just takes longer to cultivate that quick spreading grass.

It is possible cultivate grasstiles now.

• Like 2

+1. Yes, this mechanic makes perfect sense, but it can really turn one's gameplay into a job.

2 hours ago, zigozag said:

+1. Yes, this mechanic makes perfect sense, but it can really turn one's gameplay into a job.

I used to say this a lot when I played Archeage, some of my friends would spend copious amount of money to acquire land that then they need to work manually, they would get so much that their whole logging experience was simply them in their farms harvesting and planting..

I guess you just need to learn your limit.. and not try to be greedy to save a few cents; after all it is a situation you put yourself in because you believe you'd succeed more in general. Catering to the ones that poorly manage their playtime in order maximize their profits would simply diminish the quality of the game as a whole. 

Edited by Legios

FWIW, the fact that farm tiles all age at slightly different rates means that if you miss playing for a critical couple of days, you won't lose the entire crop.  And crops do have 2 age increments in which they can be maximally harvested, so the window is already pretty big; of course, you might just want the harvestable window enlarged, but I don't see that as a useful change personally.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pandalet said:

FWIW, the fact that farm tiles all age at slightly different rates means that if you miss playing for a critical couple of days, you won't lose the entire crop.  And crops do have 2 age increments in which they can be maximally harvested, so the window is already pretty big; of course, you might just want the harvestable window enlarged, but I don't see that as a useful change personally.

It isnt useful if you stay around your deed often. I can't attend Sermons parties for too long, I can't go on a camping trip in an unpopulated area for a good hunt, All i could do is stay at my deed and farm, then leave for 1 hour and come back. I understand thats the life of a farmer (with no farm hands) but its just a kill joy, not a challenge.

How huge is your farm? I get a 100% harvest tending my fields once per day, Takes about 3 days to clear them all.

Edited by Darmalus

After planting crops grow for ~3-4 days.. tending could be done on alt.. while you could be at a sermon or hunting on your main character(s), you'll only have to go home for the harvest which already last for ~1-2 extra days. *shrugs*

So as Jberg said we won't be eliminating the crops turning to weeds, what we will introduce is getting one seed (or crop if the result can be planted directly) from plants that have gone to weeds, so at the worst case the tile can be replanted

• Like 10

Over at WU we have a mod that prevents wilting, its a shame you guys cant have something similiar to that....

• Like 1

A great suggestion Yiraia! Of course most WU servers have adopted this elimination of farm crops ever *turning into weeds*. It is very nice because then farm crops can be used purely as decorations if desired. Just tend them once when ripe to remove the unsightly *untended* display and there you have it! Also they make for great grazing farms for horses which are not even packed down. Then everyone can have the benefit of enchanted grass from farm crops.

Unfortunately you are only having a pleasant dream of envisioning this happening in WO, for these benefits are an affront to WO's sly player taunting's of even thinking this as a possibility. When you awaken tread softly then for as an unbeliever to these sacred WO principles you may be tossed out forever into the dastardly realms of WU!

Beyond this, these *weeds* as sacred to WO in their symbolism of too progressive a thought process. Step out of line, the man comes to take you away! What's that sound?

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Don't forget, WU servers usually run at a much faster crop growth cycle, some being as short as an hour, but most running around the 1-2 days to go ripe. This means with this cycle there would be an extremely tiny window in which they could be harvested, so the mod that makes them never grow is of course handy.

Wurm Online grows and time passes, trees spread, dirt turns back to grass, animals age a nd die, and crops wilt if left, it's all part of the cycle.

[12:46:10] You find some strawberry seeds in amongst the weeds.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Retrograde said:

So as Jberg said we won't be eliminating the crops turning to weeds, what we will introduce is getting one seed (or crop if the result can be planted directly) from plants that have gone to weeds, so at the worst case the tile can be replanted

Can't wait!

7 hours ago, Retrograde said:

I like this, since it's not really catering to those few with more land that they can manage, and at the same time it's not providing them with any advantage or disadvantage. I was a bit worried we were going to make the game easier for a second there.

As I see it it is simply a case or prioritizing what you do ingame.

I farm for some week so I have stuff stored to last me while I'm busy playing with other aspects of the game.

We can't expect to be able to do everything in same time.

I would like this just for the decoration of the crops at ripe stage. 

Would it be possible to stop or slow wilting on deed, while all villagers are off-line?

29 minutes ago, Arvid said:

Would it be possible to stop or slow wilting on deed, while all villagers are off-line?

thats what would i want, but i assume linking player info to tiles would be too intensive. I'm happy with the plants replanting themselves after wilting.

Maybe just keep crops from rotting while they're on deed?

I think that's a fair compromise.

• Like 1

this would nice personally and be a QoL, maybe the ability to create enchanted soil could be added.

• Like 1