Sign in to follow this  
Seriphina

[Fixed] Can't dig or level on or next to paved tile

01181355d53d4f0e91739001b2be36a8.png

No longer have the ability to level or dig paved tiles, regardless of slope or location. I've tried in several areas, 1 or two tile paved areas.  It seems that if the corner you're attempting to dig is connected to paved tile at 3 or all of the 4 points, it gives the error [19:24:37] You cannot dig in such terrain.

The dig option does not appear for any paved tile. You must select a grass tile as a workaround currently.

Level option does not appear on paved tiles.

I checked this also. Was able to dig center of 2x2 pavement 2 weeks ago. Couldn't today.

Regarding the image above, even before this bug, you might have had trouble leveling that tile. Pavement with level/flatten/drop don't like to exceed 20 slope.

Edited by Kelody

Yeah, was just to illustrate the lack of dig options... not for actual leveling ;)

Im so glad they finally fixed this bug, being able to dig on a paved road was kinda rediculous

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TradingAlt said:

Im so glad they finally fixed this bug, being able to dig on a paved road was kinda rediculous

Not sure where the condescending reply is needed, but as far as that goes:

If this was a "bug" that we were able to do it in the first place, it's not in the Server Release notes from the past several months that it's been fixed.  Since the road terraforming had a limited slope due to needing to be able to be traveled, it doesn't seem that being able to dig and flatten these tiles was a bug in the first place.

Edited by Seriphina

I seriously doubt it was a bug, it is very rare that a bug has its own code checks and error messages for slope - when you try to dig a road to more than 20 slopes - the road would be too steep to traverse error. 

If pavement can't be dug it disallows creating paved waterbeds in docks.

I too remember being able to dig on pavement in order to fix road slopes without removing pavement.  At the same time I also remember trying to do the same thing in other locations and not being permitted to unless the pavement was removed first and then replaced.

I'll open an issue for investigation.

Just ran into this as well; made a clay tile a while back that used to work fine, but when I went to use it today I get [18:24:35] You cannot dig in such terrain.

a6c283aa49.jpg

Destroyed the pavement and tried it again; works fine. (Picture is facing N)

Edit: With more testing, it looks like it's the NW diagonal tile that's affecting it. I can dig the NW corner fine, as long as the tile immediately diagonal isn't paved (see below).

c3961eeb4f.jpg

Edited by Mayrin
additional info
  • Like 1

Boils down to: any more than 2 paved tiles on the corner of any 4 tiles and you will be stopped from terraforming.

I have had this problem many times, unfortunately i was under the impression it was intended. :huh:

Be nice to see a fix if it is not an intended feature for road protection.