Sign in to follow this  
SallyIronside

Cave deeds

With the recent announcement of bridges in caves, could we soon be able to place deed tokens inside caves so we can have our underground empires?  For the sake of cave stability, the tile where the token is placed should be considered a reinforced tile that can never collapse.  All remaining tiles is up to the deed owner to secure, mold and reinforce.  As always, thank you for the consideration.

Just as a warning there might be pvp issues, especially with the already proven track record of issues with the underground map and pvp in the past.

I don't pvp nor ever intend too.  How does the location of the token above ground or in a cave affect a cave deed?  If everything can be built in a cave soon and the only thing that would be needed on the surface would be farming, then how does the token (and only the token) being on the surface or in a cave affect pvp?  Can the token be attacked or something?  Please help me understand this.  Thank you.

Just now, SallyIronside said:

I don't pvp nor ever intend too.  How does the location of the token above ground or in a cave affect a cave deed?  If everything can be built in a cave soon and the only thing that would be needed on the surface would be farming, then how does the token (and only the token) being on the surface or in a cave affect pvp?  Can the token be attacked or something?  Please help me understand this.  Thank you.

Enemy players can drain tokens on deeds to steal money from upkeep. You need to drain the token to perform certain actions, including breaking reinforced walls on enemy deeds, so players could block access to the token underground extremely well, meaning the token could never be drained.

• Like 4

I have only the token outside of my pve cave town.

I figure it can be good if people can reach token to see who is mayor, and also the compass and other things.

• Like 1

An alternative would be to have 2 possible tokens.

1, necessary, above ground like usual and an optional, underground token.

That way, people could access their banks and deed information as well as 'decorate' their underground deed with their deed token.

Most people seem to make the token a sort of 'center point' on their deed, around which they build their main buildings... this would allow the same for underground dwellers.

It also would not affect PvP, as the necessary, above ground token would still have to be defended. (The below ground one would not be drainable and so would not have to be defended in the same way or could just not be placed)

• Like 1

I can think of another scenario where this would be desirable, which I've run into myself while tunneling under a mountain, and that is an area I'd like to deed but (so far) am unable to get to the place on the surface where I could drop a deed that would encompass the area I want.  There are old mine supports in a couple places that I would love to remove so I can improve the tunnel and make a nice forge area around some veins. Disintegrate doesn't work off-deed on freedom, and I've been on-and-off working on a road up that stupid mountain for a couple years now.  I figure I'll get there someday, hopefully before I keel over from old age.  :) 

I've had a couple dozen bad ideas so far but haven't been able to come up with anything that I couldn't poke holes in.  lol. 

But +1 for starting the conversation on it.  Would love to see a way to do this.

Edited by Amadee

there was a recent thread in suggestions, asking for "remote tokens", but by the end of the thread, I think the conclusion was that we really needed build-able banking units, that could be placed in various parts of the deed, above and below ground.

It would be nice if we could plant a deed on either side of the surface, and another token would appear on the same tile of another side.

+1 To having the token in caves.

+1

But as for the PvP debate, just have the feature disabled on PvP servers to avoid conflict? Mean, would be the most logical approach imo

• Like 2