Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Wood Floor update

Awesome updates on the different wall and floor textures so far.  Can't wait for it to spread to bridges!  Next step along those lines would be the different wood types for flooring.  I loved the old applewood BSBs and would kill for an applewood floor that had the same look.  A lovely cherry red floor would be amazing too!  Polished or unpolished could be a great touch, giving off a bit of a shine for polished, but I suspect that could be a hit on performance.  Art department is kicking some booty right now.  Keep up the great work!

• Like 4

+1 !

Great idea.

Not sure if possible considering we can't have the wood textures we already used to have :(  but wood textures all around again would be awesome.

• Like 2

I've seen a few tiles in the WU screenshot section that got me all excited, just seeing what people have been able to add to the game on their own time. I want to see more of the WU content getting added to WO.

• Like 1

Considering they are adding in all the new textures for slate, sandstone, red brick, marble and rendered, I would not be surprised if they are already working on the revival of wood.  Floors would be the easiest I think, then other wood items after.

Edited by Wurmhole

+1

Why should we only have one type of wood floor...  So many different trees out there.  I like wood floors in houses more than stone and different wood floor types just seems like it should have already been in the game since like OP said about chests and other items we make.

Should be possible, they were wanting a new model and shader system I thought to do just this... one texture with different shaders or something to give it varied tints, hues, and colors to simulate other wood types.

+1 to stuff like this

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 1

Buildings don't even have wood type property. Or is it just hidden?

the current wood texture is hideous, so as a WU i changed it, and it looks loads better, are you not able to change texture files in WO?

• Like 1