Sign in to follow this  
Attenia

More lairs!

It would be great if we could have more lairs around! Having more conditioned animals would be great both for breeders who want to collect them, and for fighters who want the higher fight skill associated with certain conditions. Plus it would just make the game more interesting with more variety. Lairs are also useful if you want a specific animal for some reason - missions, grinding taming, breeding - as you can just keep checking that spot until more of the animal you want spawns. Plus you can move them, or destroy them, which gives players more control over which animals spawn and where.

Here are some ideas:

Dog Cave

Tortoise Cove

Hell Hound Hole

Hen Hut (for hens and roosters)

Pig Sty

Pheasant Nest

Sheep Hideout

Deer Point

I think eventually we should have all animals spawning from lairs, but it may be easier just to start with a seven or eight and see how that goes.

Edited by Attenia
  • Like 6

Seems like a cool idea, I'd go for something like that.

I'd like to see a small town pop up out of nowhere instead of a lair.  Like have a small troll village with maybe some houses or tents and a fire in the middle and be about 4-6 tiles wide.  For sheep can make some kind of cool looking 1-4 tile sheep pen that spawns sheep.  Something besides a large rock for a lair for these animals.  Something unique per creature spawn.

• Like 6

At this point I'll take any addition to the game when it comes to stuff to kill +1

• Like 1

I like the idea of ruins with some undead to kill also. More lairs is good. +1

Deer yard and dog hole were a thing in the past, but were removed, wouldn't be any champion dogs or deer if they never existed.

Should be a lair for every animal, need those story high horses to ride into battle.

Ha... when I first say this I thought I saw "More liars".... tired eyes.

+1 more critters  :)

• Like 3

Goblins building their own villages was one of the original planned features envisioned

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

On 4.06.2017 at 5:45 PM, nicedreams said:

I'd like to see a small town pop up out of nowhere instead of a lair.  Like have a small troll village with maybe some houses or tents and a fire in the middle and be about 4-6 tiles wide.  For sheep can make some kind of cool looking 1-4 tile sheep pen that spawns sheep.  Something besides a large rock for a lair for these animals.  Something unique per creature spawn.

+1

It'd be fun if a lair is left untouched for some time, it increases it's "power".

In other words, as an example, if a scorpion lair is not destroyed in a month, it will develop through several stages and the critter spawn rate is increased, they get more aggressive, more conditioned (alert, raging, champion), they start bashing walls and fences in the area. The final stage could become a local event of sorts, maybe even have some loot if the lair is destroyed.

• Like 1

Great idea but it incentivizes the bashing of those lairs asap for people who can't be asked to deal with it, causing more pve drama.  My two irons. @Shmeric

Edited by Brew

10 minutes ago, Brew said:

Great idea but it incentivizes the bashing of those lairs asap for people who can't be asked to deal with it, causing more pve drama.  My two irons. @Shmeric

The current lairs are already like that. I don't think it's ample reason not to add more lairs. 

NPC Lib followers "invading" freedom from new camps and lairs, perhaps? They could build those colossi that people have been wanting, with potential dire consequences. :o

+1, more monster options, variety is the spice of life.

@math yes you're right but their suggestion amplified the reason to bash, not the OP.

On 6/18/2017 at 3:02 AM, Shmeric said:

It'd be fun if a lair is left untouched for some time, it increases it's "power".

In other words, as an example, if a scorpion lair is not destroyed in a month, it will develop through several stages and the critter spawn rate is increased, they get more aggressive, more conditioned (alert, raging, champion), they start bashing walls and fences in the area. The final stage could become a local event of sorts, maybe even have some loot if the lair is destroyed.

You could take that a step further and have a random "Den Mother" spawn as you bash the lair. Something along the lines of a Champion with a bit of extra health but not inst-wipe the party doing the bashing. Might be fun for new players clearing a den for their deed to see a bit of "excitement" with some help from the locals in their vicinity.

• No unique loot, do not want this to become another unique hunt.
  • No Champ title on the den mother, again, becomes another unique hunt.
  • Maybe a title for the bashers...Brood Warrior or something along those lines.
  • Increase spawn rate of mobs while bashing...you are trying to knock down their home after all...
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brew said:

@math yes you're right but their suggestion amplified the reason to bash, not the OP.

I misread your post. Thought you were talking to OP. Muh bad. 

• Like 1

Well all do it, crusty morning eyes. I also will add I like the idea of the suggestions I wanted people to think about the grand picture though.  Stronger stuff around people who want peaceful pve deeds will be way more inclined to bash lairs before they become a problem at all.  Along with the many a holes who will bash them to grief their neighbors and so on.

I'd love to see it happen, just keep in mind unless there is a way to prevent more incentives to destroying then it will only amplify the present problem further.  Such as the lair respawn rates turned up faster than players can bash them ( be caught intentionally grieifing)

32 minutes ago, Brew said:

Well all do it, crusty morning eyes. I also will add I like the idea of the suggestions I wanted people to think about the grand picture though.  Stronger stuff around people who want peaceful pve deeds will be way more inclined to bash lairs before they become a problem at all.  Along with the many a holes who will bash them to grief their neighbors and so on.

I'd love to see it happen, just keep in mind unless there is a way to prevent more incentives to destroying then it will only amplify the present problem further.  Such as the lair respawn rates turned up faster than players can bash them ( be caught intentionally grieifing)

I still don't see it as a reason not to. If you don't want one in your area you bash it. If you want one, you leave it. 
Just because someone can grief something doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. 

As Taylor Swift would screech: Griefers gonna grief grief grief grief grief