Sign in to follow this  
Seriphina

Relocate Deed Token Option

+1

I won’t pay the 19+ silver it’d take to redeed just to move my token the few tiles I want to move it to perfect the layout of my deed. Not to mention the risk of someone coming in and grabbing my land if I’m not online and ready at the exact time the disband completes.

Too much money and too much risk involved — just because I didn’t know EXACTLY how things would eventually develop on my deed when I first settled it.

Please let us move our settlement token to any valid location on deed. Sure, give a long cooldown if you must — even a month is fine — but let us move it.

Pretty please?

Edited by Calan
  • Like 4

Double plus on this long awaited suggestion! Have done the whole disband and re-deed thing in the past and it truly is a royal pain, not to mention the expense. On a new deed now and of course expanding as I plan it out means token is in the wrong place already, dreading having to go through that process again. Even if it was a one time reasonable charge for doing so it would bring in cash for the devs as I suspect an awful lot of us would grab the chance!

• Like 1

On 6/4/2017 at 1:54 AM, Wilczan said:

+1 for relocating  the token wit those conditions:

- must cost some silver

- once for a period of time (half year for example)

- not with the enemy in local and some time after enemy left the local

Would be great if someone add feature of moving token underground.

+1, and I like these restrictions. Without some time locking and cost, I could see folks "walking" their deeds across the map.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SirMuttley said:

+1, and I like these restrictions. Without some time locking and cost, I could see folks "walking" their deeds across the map.

I’d be happy with a 1 month cooldown, but personally don’t think it should incur cost.

If a player wants to take months if not years to walk their deed across the map with the risk of being blocked by other deeds along the way, more power to them. How does that hurt me? Sure, it allows short waliking without too much inconvenience or risk. But that’s already the case to a degree: people already do shorten their deed X tiles to widen it the same amount, only to reverse later, allowing them to switch settled tiles at no cost.

If the devs worry this would introduce walking as a problem, even with a one month cooldown, let them add a minimum fee to *any* changes in n-s-e-w directions through deed resize, even if total number of tiles stays the same. This way it’s just the walkers and resizers that pay, not those who simple want to reposition the token with their existing settlement.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SirMuttley said:

The whole idea is to move the token to a better spot within the existing deed not change the deed itself in anyway, so I really don't see how you could "Walk the deed across the map" if the deed dimensions and location never change!? The deed will not move just the token location within the deed!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Katrat said:

The whole idea is to move the token to a better spot within the existing deed not change the deed itself in anyway, so I really don't see how you could "Walk the deed across the map" if the deed dimensions and location never change!? The deed will not move just the token location within the deed!

Say your deed is originally 20-20-20-20 n-s-e-w with token in the middle.

1) you move the token as far south as you can, making the new n-s-e-w distances 30-10-20-20, as these will be based on the new token position.

2) You now go in to ‘resize’ the deed to 10-30-20-20. No cost, as total tile is the same.

3) You then move your token as far south again to 30-10-20-20.

4) Rinse and repeat and you’re moving you deed south more and more each time.

Unless I’m missing something?

So there needs to be something to block that and the suggestions are cooldown between and/or cost when repositioning the token. I personally think a sufficient cooldown should be enough and don’t think there should be a charge for the reasons I stated above.

• Like 1

A half measure might be to allow creation of a token replica which can be placed anywhere on your deed and allows access to the token menu. If you have a market and the real token not in good place for players to access the bank just pop a token replica by your market.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Caroc said:

A half measure might be to allow creation of a token replica which can be placed anywhere on your deed and allows access to the token menu. If you have a market and the real token not in good place for players to access the bank just pop a token replica by your market.

I'm not keen on this. I'd like to expand my house where my deed token currently is, so that wouldn't help me.

I really don't see how 'walking' a settlement would be an issue with a reasonable cooldown. Hopefully the devs will agree!

At the end of the day, if they feel they need to charge a SMALL fee, I'd certainly do that to be able reposition my token. I just personally don't think it should incur a cost or be necessary to discourage 'settlement walking'.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Calan said:

Say your deed is originally 20-20-20-20 n-s-e-w with token in the middle.

1) you move the token as far south as you can, making the new n-s-e-w distances 30-10-20-20, as these will be based on the new token position.

2) You now go in to ‘resize’ the deed to 10-30-20-20. No cost, as total tile is the same.

3) You then move your token as far south again to 30-10-20-20.

4) Rinse and repeat and you’re moving you deed south more and more each time.

Unless I’m missing something?

So there needs to be something to block that and the suggestions are cooldown between and/or cost when repositioning the token. I personally think a sufficient cooldown should be enough and don’t think there should be a charge for the reasons I stated above.

The something you are missing is that I have no intention of doing any of this! I just want move my token to a better spot within the existing deed. Add the cooldown by all means if that makes you happy but I honestly don't see why anyone would want to inch a deed along like this! It makes no sense since most of those who want this do so because they have built up and already expanded their deeds. It's not like I could inch my castle along with it!

Edited by Katrat
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Katrat said:

The something you are missing is that I have no intention of doing any of this!

Oh, I didn’t mean to imply you did, any more than I do. Just to explain the worry some have that this would open up walking the map, since you said, ‘I really don't see how you could "Walk the deed across the map" if the deed dimensions and location never change!’

The answer is the dimensions can be changed after moving the token, which brings the possibility of abusing it to walk the map. Hence suggestions to add a cooldown and/or cost to the suggestion.

Edited by Calan
  • Like 2

On 2/1/2021 at 2:35 AM, Calan said:

Oh, I didn’t mean to imply you did, any more than I do. Just to explain the worry some have that this would open up walking the map, since you said, ‘I really don't see how you could "Walk the deed across the map" if the deed dimensions and location never change!’

The answer is the dimensions can be changed after moving the token, which brings the possibility of abusing it to walk the map. Hence suggestions to add a cooldown and/or cost to the suggestion.

For Pete's sake I get the mechanics of it but again WHY???? Why would this be something anyone would want to do?? What is the point of walking a deed???

43 minutes ago, Katrat said:

For Pete's sake I get the mechanics of it but again WHY???? Why would this be something anyone would want to do?? What is the point of walking a deed???

Ok, first, you’d didn’t get the idea - you literally said, “I really don't see how you could "Walk the deed across the map" if the deed dimensions and location never change.” So I carefully explained how this change would allow it if there were no deterrents in place.

Now you replied, incensed, saying you ‘get’ the mechanics, but don’t see why anyone would do this. A totally different question.

Frankly, I don’t think ‘why would [walking a deed] be something anyone would want to do?’ is a very practical question. No matter what reason you or I might come up with, other people will come up with their own reason that we’d never have thought of.  But two reasons immediately pop to mind: the obvious 1) relocate your primary deed for any of a myriad of reasons or 2) relocate a secondary deed you use as a buffer between your primary and other deeds that might pop up nearby. Both these would normally take time, cost silver and remove deed bonuses.

This suggestion without cooldown or cost would be free and quick. Some may say that should be ok. But imo that’s a different suggestion - to have a cost-free way to relocate your deed.  The original suggestion isn’t about relocating your deed, but your settlement token within your deed. But any changes can have unwanted consequences, and we’re simply acknowledging that a consequence of this change is that it would allow relocating the deed itself. So some suggestions are being made to show how that could be controlled.

The bottom line is that the suggestion without incorporating restrictions would allow walking deeds, whatever reasons people might have to do so. Should it? I think not, and I think a reasonably long cooldown is a good way to control it.

My question to you is - are you against adding a cooldown to this suggestion of repositioning the token? If so, why? If not, why are you dwelling on this point? Just because you don’t think anyone would have a reason to do this? ‘The lady doth protest too much, methinks.’

Edited by Calan

Let me apologize for going after this like a pitbull but we REALLY just want to move our token once! That's it! And I Never once said I was against any fail safes! I am not apposed to them at all! I'm certain the Dev's would not implement such a thing without them! To me that goes without saying. I guess my biggest issue is grasping the extremes people will go to just to cheat. And thereby causing the rest of us to deal with the consequences of such actions.

• Like 1

I also would enjoy this as a new feature. Particularly because, after time passes, our need for the land changes.  I add to this suggestion two more possible elements that might make it more viable for developers?

1)  For PVP: there could be a tile count restriction, say a max of 5 tiles from it's original position if moving it far distances affects any level of game mechanics already established as desirable. This would allow them to gradually move the token farther over time if desired.

2) I definitely like the idea of the Bank Satellite option, you could also take it one step farther and add all accessible features available at the deed token such as viewing the deed map, etc. (the deed map could also be made to show both the original deed marker and any satellite ones.)

Thanks for reading. :D

This really needs to be implemented!

I imagine most people want to have their Deed Token at the center of a specific area, town square or along a specific road. Designs and layouts change, and I think having an element like the Deed Token be so permanent can make redesigning difficult.

It would be great to have the option to push and pull the token, it would give us more freedom to design a cute arrangement with the token, or just move it out of the way if you don't want it in the middle or your road or what not.

Edited by Spazmunki13
Added more details about why I want this to be implemented.
  • Like 1

part of the reason i dont expand my deed much ( aside from the seals....grrr) is this, the place when i started would be the 'slums' of the town if i grew it bigger...why would i want to have the token in the slums... moving the token would allow more freedom to grown and create, so more motivation and options=happy players.

One option would be a Move option on the token itself - this would move the token 1 tile in one of 8 different directions (only allowable if on deed and if at least 5 tiles from a perimeter)  this movement would need to update the distance (in tiles) to each of the perimeters (NESW) as it goes.

Another option would be to Move the whole deed 1 tile in one of the 8 directions, and let the player adjust the deed size to her taste later.

Another option would be to use a marker placed on the desired tile - (such as a mini archaeology token?) and move the deed token to that marked tile when the marker is activated in some way.  The distances to each of the perimeters could be calculated by the marker when activated and then used to update the deed when the action completes.

Other than updating the deed as you go, another idea is to offer a disband and auto re-deed option if a tile marker is activated on deed.  The re-deeding process could offer players a delayed disband and auto-re-deeding (to allow the server to process the info). The auto re-deeding is triggered straight after the disband, so that no-one else can jump in.  The new deed is placed in the same 'footprint' as the old deed but with the new deed token now placed on the previously marked tile (containing an activated mini arch token for example).

Just some ideas.

Edited by Muse

Would love to hear what concerns devs may have with this change. Crazy how this forum has gone 3 years with silence. This mechanic can technically already be done with enough money. If it's balancing issues I think a small fee and a cooldown should be plenty fine.

+1

I also would love to move my token about 15 tiles within my deed because I did an internal redesign and rebuild that changed my village's center of activity from up on a hillside to down where the Forge and Foundry and Newbie hostel and Public Inn are now located.

Agree also with 6 month cool down and cost of 5 silver just like a Deed Name change as very reasonable.

Food for thought,

Cheers,

Hughmongus

Cartographer of Indy

Co-Administrator - The Albia Roads Map of Indy

It appears this has been resurrected many times, and isn't likely to happen but...

+1

1) must cost money

2) must have a multi month cooldown

3) must fit into current deed size restrictions (i.e. at least 5 tiles form border)

4) must have additional restrictions to avoid PVP abuse ( I don't pvp so I wont say what)