Sign in to follow this  
SackBart

I was gone - for a very long time...

Hello everyone,

just wanna ask how WO goes - i just see updates, updates, updates so the game is still alive?! i thinking about a comeback =) ?!

can you tell me something - whats going on in the last 2years, pls?

(secundary question: are many players leave WO since WU is released?)

greetings!!

Edited by SackBart

Well on the whole the game and what it delivers is better than ever.

Last 2 years... Bridges? Not sure how long they've been in now. We've recently had a massive cooking overhaul which has added a load of new veggies, fruits etc etc and made recipes matter more with the inclusion of carbs, protein, fats and sugars giving you buffs. This update also came with bees for honey so we've got mead in game too now! Loads of bug fixes and a few bug inclusions too :P Siege weapons (I know we had catapults before, but now there are rams and trebuchets too). Plenty more too.

As far as WU goes, yes the WO population has diminished since WU was released but it's still very much alive, though Epic is quite quiet these days I believe. Devs are looking at combat and UI as a priority for major overhauls along with the tutorial so Epic may see some resurgence with the combat changes.

If you're looking to come back, you may like to [shameless plug coming] look for some deals on bits and bobs in the official auctions where we're selling off items seized after a particularly bad scamming case over a year ago. The proceeds are going to be given to the people who were scammed.

• Like 2

Adding to Hordern's list : ability to build entire underground cities, wide underground entrances,  with many new construction materials now (marble slate potterybrick sandstone houses/bridges/extended arches etc)

image-35cc62645673fe32335c1d2e5b1c9dd122

cooking overhaul includes not just mead but also still distillery --  whiskey, vodka, rum, moonshine, lotsa others and of course  hops/beer

I  forget what else :) new graphical client engine coming out, UI overhaul in progress, other stuffs  

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

sounds very good !! and i am very happy to see these auctions are paid with S instead of real money !!

when WU was released i was(still) very anxiety - this could be the end of WO. becouse of (WO-)leaving players and the feedback of all the casual gamers could ruin the unique charackter of Wurm...

thx for the fast response !!!!

thx for the update brash!

so mutch disputes in this forum - whats wrong?!

Edited by SackBart

Animations, lighting, and models are also MUCH better then last you played.  On the whole, Wurm is no longer 2007 but very much at least 2012.  Xanadu, the latest and largest server is laggy and is still back in 2011, it'll catch up in 1 year.

Edited by Nomadikhan

1 hour ago, SackBart said:

so mutch disputes in this forum - whats wrong?!

As with just about any community in the World, the unhappy minority are usually also the most vocal. If the unhappy were a majority, WO would not be here.

• Like 4

Read:  most happy people are too busy playing to bother with the forums. Although... some of us do sneak on the forums at work. :)

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 8:48 PM, SackBart said:

can you tell me something - whats going on in the last 2years, pls?

Too much to cover. Just read these forums. It's all here. The good, the bad. the ugly. Not too sure Clint has dropped by to see it though. I think his spirit got lost on those high plains, drifting on the wind. Need to use your own judgment to ferret out your own Truth. Will it set you free? No idea.

=Ayes=