Sign in to follow this  
Boyar

High mortality rate of animals?

Currently, several players with Animal Husbandry skill over 50 (even over 70) are facing the similar problem. It was noticed that animals (horses and buffalo only) die without any reasons (healthy and fat). Miscarriages happen very often and sometimes lead to death of the mother, again without any visible reasons, all animals are with good reserves of fat, they are not venerable and groomed well. In other words, we see the high animal mortality not only with the pregnant animals. It's not related with the server reboots.

Wurm Unlimited: Dedicated Server - v. 1.3.5.5

Vanilla - No mods

Are these farm animal ondeed?

Ondeed pregnant animals have better chances, 

possibly better when cared-for.(don't know specifics from code.. but these 2 things are well known to help, also if your deed's creature ratio is good - helps the odds)

44 minutes ago, Finnn said:

Are these farm animal ondeed?

Ondeed pregnant animals have better chances, 

possibly better when cared-for.(don't know specifics from code.. but these 2 things are well known to help, also if your deed's creature ratio is good - helps the odds)

Yes, all animals are ondeed and well cared for. It seems that "care" doesn't help much

I've had a horse that's lived for nearly 3 years just randomly die.  Seen it happen time and time again.  It honestly seems that caring for animals is no longer an assurance but rather a very tiny chance they still die.

Over 30 deaths by miscarriage on deeds with way over 15 ratio in the last couple of weeks. AH is 80+, enchanted grass, and no pregnancies below the age of Mature. One+ Grooming time a day. 

I don't know what's going on but it's definitely not normal :) 

P.S. Yes, this is an issue for both WU and WO.

Edited by Yldrania
  • Like 1

Same here.  Heaps of horses dead yesterday and lots of miscarriages.  This only happened when they did server resets, not sure if there was a change in the code since it now happens all the time?

Please look into it.

I've had a few well fed, non-diseased, non-pregnant, cared for and even some hitched animals explode in the last few days, i was driving my cart around and both my bulls on the front died at the same time. Ratio's around 30 and space for a lot more animals and none of them were in packed areas. Indy's been up for 4d13h so it wasn't due to a server reset either.

Maybe the servers had it with every player having 30 peaceful animals each and is killin em all off.

Folks, please keep WO and WU issues separate - if you have a WO issue, please make a thread for it in the appropriate WO sub-forum.  As the code bases are not the same, it gets really hard to figure out whether something broke, and if so, what it was, when you don't know where to start looking.

The more info you can give, the better - what happened, when, any extra details, etc.

I have had animals die right and left 2 or 3 a day and when breeding animals the traits are diminishing I can breed a 3 speed and a 4 speed and get an animal with one trait...I don't know what is happening but it is  causing havoc, I almost have no horses left for good breeding. It is very aggravating to say the least.

On 5/20/2018 at 2:08 PM, sailingsuzye said:

I have had animals die right and left 2 or 3 a day and when breeding animals the traits are diminishing I can breed a 3 speed and a 4 speed and get an animal with one trait...I don't know what is happening but it is  causing havoc, I almost have no horses left for good breeding. It is very aggravating to say the least.

Is the deed ratio too low ? If it is under 5, then miscarriage will happen a ton. I've had this happen on my deed before.