Sign in to follow this  
McGarnicle

[Factional Fight] Episode 15: A Year in Review and A Look to the Future

double*

Edited by Sila

well done :D   

more info about markets all over xanadu here.

Get a rune on your wagon and start using a bsb for your building needs, much handier than a dozen large crates to sort through.

• Like 1

Love the castle design stairs going every direction :D

Added Bonus Video 1 which was previously unreleased on Youtube.

You guys are in for a special treat for the next episode (or two) as we will have a very special guest on the show! You can catch it early on our Patreon Page so what are you waiting for?? Go check it out! 

https://www.patreon.com/factionalfight

I was totally psyched to see you return, your videos always motivate me to do more in WO.  The prospect of regular content on such a high frequency really is awesome.

• Like 2

Bonus Video 2 is released. It's quick-fire questions with Retrograde. Stay tuned, because next weeks episode is a full length interview with Retrograde about all things Wurm!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, McGarnicle said:

Bonus Video 2 is released. It's quick-fire questions with Retrograde. Stay tuned, because next weeks episode is a full length interview with Retrograde about all things Wurm!

I just watched it, thanks for another video! :)

And hope you are getting better soon!

Just watched Episode 1 of your comeback series, great job on Linton!  Now I'm tempted to make a new character :)

I'm also jealous... the barn has a painted fence!!  It looks great.  Caught my eye in every frame it showed up.

An interview with retrograde! I want to hear your guesses as to what the new skill will be!

• Like 2

Ahhhhh so much goodness!

Brian was the "Hey, hello!" voice? Whaaaaaat?! I never guessed, but now that I know it's so self evident! 

This long juicy interview with Retro was amazing. I love the fact that it was so long and relaxed, allowing topics to branch off into further conversation. Usually interviews tend to be shooting questions and getting answers one after the other boom, boom boom. This was so much better! Great questions too! 

Retro's story about being a newbie and going along with some guy assuming he was his girlfriend was hilarious :-D. 

And I certainly never knew gorillas were in the game! Me thinks I'll have to go exploring a bit!

It sounds like we have a great dev team. Nice diplomatic answer there Retro! :-D

I loved hearing how Tich, a female programmer is such a superstar. Our team making South Park Phone Destroyer has also several female programmers and the lead programmer is female as well. I think a lot of players assume development teams, especially programmers are men only in the game industry. Not so!

• Like 1

Oh and PS: One question I would have loved to hear is "What MMOs was Retro playing before he found Wurm" (other than Minecraft). I'd love to know if Retro ever played...

you just know it's coming...

Ultima Online?

• Like 1

"I love the entire dev team."

Pfft, damn diplomats.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Malena said:

I loved hearing how Tich, a female programmer is such a superstar. Our team making South Park Phone Destroyer has also several female programmers and the lead programmer is female as well. I think a lot of players assume development teams, especially programmers are men only in the game industry. Not so!

There are women at the very top of the field ;)

https://janemcgonigal.com/

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming, sorry for the little digression...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Malena said:

Oh and PS: One question I would have loved to hear is "What MMOs was Retro playing before he found Wurm" (other than Minecraft). I'd love to know if Retro ever played...

you just know it's coming...

Ultima Online?

Never played UO actually, I'm ashamed to say what MMO's I did play before wurm though...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Retrograde said:

I'm ashamed to say what MMO's I did play before wurm though...

Club Penguin? :-D

Another question: What's the ONE thing you would like to see added/introduced into Wurm?

Hey everyone! Today, we have a bonus video for you. It was the first time we tried the quick fire question segment while finishing the pottery brick barracks. Enjoy!

On 6/3/2017 at 2:36 AM, McGarnicle said:

Bonus Video 3: Quick-Fire Questions while Finishing the Barracks

This was our very first quick fire questions we recorded and we did it right after filming episode 2. Join us while we finish up the construction of the pottery brick barracks.

You guys are so adorable :).

1) I agree with Adam, it's gotta be the Oak tree (same reasons). I just wish the texture was a bit nicer.

2) My personal favorite is Xanadu, but for a new player, it would depend what they're looking for and what they're like as a player. For an introvert who prioritises finding their own private nook and enjoys peace and quiet: Xanadu. For sociable people or those who love to trade, one of the smaller servers. Perhaps Indy would be a good middle ground offering benefits of both extremes.

3) Usually a couple month's worth, but I should put more. (logs in to go add more ASAP).

4) Cash shop items: Good idea! But I'm with Brian on the immersion thing. Having things being sold outside of the game itself gives the game a cheap sellout feeling to it. The solution could be to do what many games (especially free to plays) do: Create a so called "hard currency" (like a special gem or token) in addition to the already existing "Soft currency" which are the coins. Have the special gems/token only purchasable from the web store, and have them spendable only on a trader, also have them not tradeable or sellable to other players. Easy peasy! Although it does not cater to Brian's annoyance of having many ways to attain that item, it does at least keep the actual purchasing of the items off traders an in game experience. If I remember right, this is exactly what SWTOR and GW2 do.

5) Rowing boat slower. Larger ships faster!

• Like 2

Episode 4! We hope you are building your dream castle along with us!

• Like 3

you got me thinking on your vid.

1.Capital deeds exist already, 

2.built castle on it with crafting stations,

3 all ally's have access to all UN-secured  storage and forges ect...   

4 capitals gain 0.1 COC on all skill actions in the castles. per deed attached to alliance. =10 deeds give 1% coc bonus to all skill actions, 20 deeds =2% , reason for low number to prevent folks making 100's of 11x11 deeds every where.. also have a max gain of 5% maybe

5. another COC low gain could be number of alliance members in capital castle.  0.1 per person.  having 20 crafting at same time would "(seem like we are helping each other craft)"  again have a max benefit of 5%

6. now this could give everyone group crafting a max of 10% coc on all crafting skills and encourage us to group up and have more fun .

7.  i still love the idea you guys had about better crafting stations also.  a tail in the desert game, had community tasks. like 100k brick, 100k mortar, 50k planks, 20k tar, 20k shafts, 10k large nails. ect to build something that gave everyone X benefit.   if the alliance built a carpentry station . everyone would gain 1% COC to that skill, off deed, 2.5% on deed + the other benefits  . could give us a 12.5% COC to carp only skills. 

8. and still like the idea of using a community crafting station should maybe do something like double or triple results.  eg, saw a log for planks. get 2 or 3 vs the 1 per action. still takes the = amount of log weight . or maybe even just make an easier coding wise,  WOA to these stations so we craft 50% faster.

9.  or make all these ideas coc and woa, or the libra version of those spells the benefits

really would like to see reasons to get together more,  I moved over closer, (well beside you guys lol) but closer to population to be more active in chat, and helpful to those who need, and to help out with possible projects, once i'm done my deed plan again. loved helping dig out the labyrinth long a ago. can't wait till your done and come try it ouy.

• Like 3